Soul Bro

Official 2015 Offseason Thread

He's a baby, even by today's standards. It's better to look at his first-year production like the days of straight-from-HS guys, given his age. Those guys could sometimes grow up fast, sometimes slow. I'm not saying he's a starter next year, but I'm not counting it out later in the season.

And I also don't really like the Odom comparison. Odom was never as quick or athletic as Gordon. The Marion comparison is better.

I'm not saying he can't develop, just he has a long ways to go. A long long ways.

He's a baby, even by today's standards. It's better to look at his first-year production like the days of straight-from-HS guys, given his age. Those guys could sometimes grow up fast, sometimes slow. I'm not saying he's a starter next year, but I'm not counting it out later in the season.

And I also don't really like the Odom comparison. Odom was never as quick or athletic as Gordon. The Marion comparison is better.

Clippers Odom was quick.

Let’s say we don’t use our capspace this summer for free-agents. Would you trade Frye for David Lee and Picks? Lee’s contract is only for 1 more season. He could be a good player off the bench or maybe a starter with limited minutes.

Ugh no David Lee. That would be painful to watch

Ugh no David Lee. That would be painful to watch

Frye is painful to watch and Lee would come off the books sooner. I wouldn't complain about the deal as long as the Magic don't re-sign Lee.

Draymond Green is getting paid by someone. His intensity level fits the magic PERFECTLY in my mind. Would not surprise me at all if we gave him a rather large contract offer. Described as the "heart and soul" of the Warriors, he plays with tenacity and passion with every second he is on the court.

I feel we won't leave, but the warriors may not be able to afford it.

Draymond Green is getting paid by someone. His intensity level fits the magic PERFECTLY in my mind. Would not surprise me at all if we gave him a rather large contract offer. Described as the "heart and soul" of the Warriors, he plays with tenacity and passion with every second he is on the court.

I feel we won't leave, but the warriors may not be able to afford it.

GSW will give him max and not blink. They're about to win a championship, in large part to him. They'll keep that group together for a long time; especially with the cap going up.

GSW will give him max and not blink. They're about to win a championship, in large part to him. They'll keep that group together for a long time; especially with the cap going up.

I don't remember if they changed the Gilbert Arenas provision with the last CBA or not, but if they didn't, then GS can't offer him the max even if they wanted to.

Which would be kind of funny, given that the Gilbert Arenas rule only existed in the first place because of what happened when GS couldn't legally match the offer Arenas got from Washington.

Fake edit: just looked it up. For some reason, I was thinking that Green was a 2nd year player, not a 3rd year player, so none of the above applies. Whoops.

You think they'll throw in Barnes to dump Lee's expiring contract?

I think they'll need to dump some serious salary to max out Green. Honestly, I'm not sure it's worth it on our end, as Barnes is just okay. Perhaps they could do a pick instead?