Sign in to follow this  
Jay Magic

GAMETHREAD: Phoenix Suns @ Orlando Magic

I took my wife and sister to a game last season. It was the first time I've been to a Magic game (In Orlando) in years, and the first time at Amway Arena.

I got really good seats, and the arena was really nice.

But, the crowd was absolutely embarrassing! We were literally the only three people in the section cheering. I ended up jeering the crowd trying to get others into the game. I was really upset, as I grew up going to the Orena and that place was packed and rowdy. We had some bad teams then too. I know this is the worst stretch ever from a team perspective, but its also the worst stretch ever from a fan perspective.

I miss the orena. Awesome experience.

To change things we need to be really good and or have a star player. The fan base isn't like it use to be.

Dedmon needs to learn to avoid the careless fouls. I absolutely love his effort and athleticism, but he needs to stay on his feet when defending a shooter, and stop trying to do too much like reaching around a player while attempting a steal. You don't help your team sitting on the bench in foul trouble.

Yep. Thats just experience. I love what this guy is bringing for his price tag though.

Yeah but we as fans need to give something for our team to fight back for. Gotta say we def have one of the worst crowds in the league. The heat game was a big eye opener.

Hopefully we get people back once we start performing at a high level like in the golden Dwight days.

That was always a significant risk of the rebuild strategy. This is not LA or NY where fan support is a given. Allowing us to become very bad for a prolonged period of time means severe erosion of fan support in a market like ours. I hope we can recover in the not too distant future but I'm not that optimistic.

If/when we start winning the fans will come back. They always have and always will.

Yup,just look at Atlanta,they have found it notoriously hard to draw fans but they're not having any trouble right now.

Yup,just look at Atlanta,they have found it notoriously hard to draw fans but they're not having any trouble right now.

I agree. My only point it's that unlike the big market teams, we can't expect much fan support when we're bad. If we're bad for a very long time, that could conceivably create financial strains.

I agree. My only point it's that unlike the big market teams, we can't expect much fan support when we're bad. If we're bad for a very long time, that could conceivably create financial strains.

Rich Devos is 89 years old and has a net worth of almost 6 billion dollars. The Magic are a rich man's toy. No financial strain happening here, fortunately.

Interested in how the momentum of the Orlando City Soccer goes. I heard they may try and sign Mario Bolletelli. That almost sounds too good to be true. You get an international star like that in Orlando playing Major League Soccer and suddenly the Magic are second fiddle until they start winning games again.

Interested in how the momentum of the Orlando City Soccer goes. I heard they may try and sign Mario Bolletelli. That almost sounds too good to be true. You get an international star like that in Orlando playing Major League Soccer and suddenly the Magic are second fiddle until they start winning games again.

The Boletelli rumors were made up.

I don't think soccer will effect the magic too much as they only overlap for the last quarter of the season.

I am excited that we have another professional franchise though. Got my tickets for the 21st

The Boletelli rumors were made up.

I don't think soccer will effect the magic too much as they only overlap for the last quarter of the season.

I am excited that we have another professional franchise though. Got my tickets for the 21st

Ok, you sure? It sounded unreal when I heard it, but I don't follow soccer as closely.

If the team has a new stadium that hold around 20k next year, every game will be a sellout and they should have the $$ to keep grabbing older stars like Kaka, or maybe someone even better. The games will be utterly insane.

On a side note the Solar Bears games are bringing in close to 10k a game and are a blast. I think hockey is the best live sport to watch. Its a shame tampa has all the major sports besides NBA.

Ok, you sure? It sounded unreal when I heard it, but I don't follow soccer as closely.

If the team has a new stadium that hold around 20k next year, every game will be a sellout and they should have the $$ to keep grabbing older stars like Kaka, or maybe someone even better. The games will be utterly insane.

On a side note the Solar Bears games are bringing in close to 10k a game and are a blast. I think hockey is the best live sport to watch. Its a shame tampa has all the major sports besides NBA.

They are just an older city. If the nfl/nhl had waited to expand I think there's a good chance Orlando gets either franchises. Orlando could have had the jags if they were willing to spend cash. The big question is baseball, as most southern cities aren't big enough with enough locals to support 81 home games a year.