Sign in to follow this  
MAGICmanSAM

George Karl's Love Affair With O-Town

If I take my Magic biased out of it, I would still rather take the Magic job now over the Kings If I'm Karl. The Kings have some nice pieces no denying that, but the reality is they play in a conference where they just aren't even close to anything substantial. With the Magic in the East, were a good coach and a great free agent signing away from being a very competitive team.

I just think that if I know it's my last go as a coach (Karl is old, he would probably only be here 3-5 years either way), I would rather take a chance with a young talented eastern conference team over a western conference one. I mean, the Cavs will be good for a while and the Hawks as well (although they have a few starters over 30) and after that it's really pretty open. In the West, you have to climb Mount Everest. Thunder, Warriors, Rockets, Clippers, Dallas, Memphis, Portland are all still young to relatively young teams with the exception of a few guys.

• Upvote 1

If I take my Magic biased out of it, I would still rather take the Magic job now over the Kings If I'm Karl. The Kings have some nice pieces no denying that, but the reality is they play in a conference where they just aren't even close to anything substantial. With the Magic in the East, were a good coach and a great free agent signing away from being a very competitive team.

I just think that if I know it's my last go as a coach (Karl is old, he would probably only be here 3-5 years either way), I would rather take a chance with a young talented eastern conference team over a western conference one. I mean, the Cavs will be good for a while and the Hawks as well (although they have a few starters over 30) and after that it's really pretty open. In the West, you have to climb Mount Everest. Thunder, Warriors, Rockets, Clippers, Dallas, Memphis, Portland are all still young to relatively young teams with the exception of a few guys.

Definitely agree with you. He would be a fool to go the Kings.

No he wasn't. Svg had Otis. Svg failed because he publicly exposed Dwight going to management to get him fired. He gave both the sides the finger and went on to Detroit as not only coach but president of operations as well.

Who said anything about SVG? JV absolutely was a yes man company guy...are you seriously disagreeing with that? Get your arguments straight if you are just looking to argue. I assume you misread my post and thought I said SVG, which I didn't.

For those of you who are ready to turn the page on George Karl (to include me) and move right into the Scott Skiles mode, here is a very interesting article posted on Yahoo Sports!!!!

Unless this guy has changed, and I don't think he has, hiring him will be just another SHIPWRECK on dry land!!! Good read though!

Link:http://sports.yahoo.com/blogs/nba-ball-dont-lie/samuel-dalembert-opens-non-relationship-former-bucks-coach-195525268--nba.html;_ylt=AwrTWfzmydZUCVAACENNbK5_

‏@WojYahooNBA Sources: Rapidly diminishing belief within factions - Kings, George Karl and DeMarcus Cousins' camps - that Karl becomes Sacramento's coach.

Resolution one way or another by Sunday, but w/o hiring of Karl, Kings prepared to play out season with Ty Corbin as interim.

• Upvote 1

‏@WojYahooNBA Sources: Rapidly diminishing belief within factions - Kings, George Karl and DeMarcus Cousins' camps - that Karl becomes Sacramento's coach.

Resolution one way or another by Sunday, but w/o hiring of Karl, Kings prepared to play out season with Ty Corbin as interim.

Damn Jay, beat me to it.

Who said anything about SVG? JV absolutely was a yes man company guy...are you seriously disagreeing with that? Get your arguments straight if you are just looking to argue. I assume you misread my post and thought I said SVG, which I didn't.

Yeah, I misread. My fault.

"The resistance to George Karl hiring by Cousins' camp has stalled talks and given sides pause about pushing through on deal" --Adrian Wojnarowski

Really!?

Demarcus Cousins camp is what's going to prevent an NBA franchise from hiring a coach they want? That's really funny to me. I guess I understand to an extent if were talking Lebron James or Kevin Durant, but do you really want Cousins having that kind of power there?

I still haven't forgiven Karl regarding his (racists) comments toward Doc back in the day. ***** him to this day (and I gave him the business at the game after that controversy).

Plus I he wants to stay in the West.

(Otherwise I think he;d be interesting).

I still haven't forgiven Karl regarding his (racists) comments toward Doc back in the day. ***** him to this day (and I gave him the business at the game after that controversy).

Plus I he wants to stay in the West.

(Otherwise I think he;d be interesting).

Wait, what?