Sign in to follow this  
MAGICmanSAM

George Karl's Love Affair With O-Town

This should be the "Who's our next coach rumor thread".

I think it's Borrego's ship to sail for the remainder of the season. Henny would look like an absolute dick if he hired anyone else and fired Borrego at this point.

I think it's Borrego's ship to sail for the remainder of the season. Henny would look like an absolute dick if he hired anyone else and fired Borrego at this point.

I too see Henny's due diligence in picking a coach this summer rather than right now. However, there COULD also be an understanding the Borego would be an assistant with the new regime should someone come in in the middle of the season.

Additionally, the magic are only 6 games outside of a playoff spot playing atrocious basketball. The fact is if the Magic hit the right stride (maybe just-started by finding a new coach) they can still very much make the playoffs. This fact - that we can still make the playoffs - might bring the Magic to choose a coach mid-season and put Borrego as a sideline coach.

Nonetheless, this is a VERY important move for Henny, as in if he fails again, he might lose his job. My sense is that he (and the organization) will take their time finding a coach that fits with what they're doing. Wanting to make a decision NOW forces them to overlook the multiple assistant coaches out there.

I too see Henny's due diligence in picking a coach this summer rather than right now. However, there COULD also be an understanding the Borego would be an assistant with the new regime should someone come in in the middle of the season.

Additionally, the magic are only 6 games outside of a playoff spot playing atrocious basketball. The fact is if the Magic hit the right stride (maybe just-started by finding a new coach) they can still very much make the playoffs. This fact - that we can still make the playoffs - might bring the Magic to choose a coach mid-season and put Borrego as a sideline coach.

Nonetheless, this is a VERY important move for Henny, as in if he fails again, he might lose his job. My sense is that he (and the organization) will take their time finding a coach that fits with what they're doing. Wanting to make a decision NOW forces them to overlook the multiple assistant coaches out there.

I've no idea what level of talent they had at the time, but Karl took charge of the Nuggets halfway through the season and went 32-8 and made the play offs. If he came here he would have less than thirty games to turn us around and make a run. It's possible, but It would mean us going on a similar win streak to his Nuggets team did, as well as the wheels falling off Miami, Brooklyn and Detroit seasons. Honestly, I don't see it happening.

Right now I'd probably stick with our interim head coach for the remainder of the season. Worst case scenario the team wins a few more games and finishes with one of the worst records in the league, which could land us one of the top picks if we're lucky. Best case scenario we have a mini run, defense and offense improve, and the players develop into a competitive hardworking unit.

I agree that Henny needs to get his next hire right. That's why I think we should keep our interim guy in place for the rest of the season because it gives them time to go through a thorough process. The only time I'd make a move now is unless the guy is George Karl (or another high profile coach), and they want to get them now before other jobs open up. But I think the team should wait and let the new coach start in the summer.

I've no idea what level of talent they had at the time, but Karl took charge of the Nuggets halfway through the season and went 32-8 and made the play offs. If he came here he would have less than thirty games to turn us around and make a run. It's possible, but It would mean us going on a similar win streak to his Nuggets team did, as well as the wheels falling off Miami, Brooklyn and Detroit seasons. Honestly, I don't see it happening.

Right now I'd probably stick with our interim head coach for the remainder of the season. Worst case scenario the team wins a few more games and finishes with one of the worst records in the league, which could land us one of the top picks if we're lucky. Best case scenario we have a mini run, defense and offense improve, and the players develop into a competitive hardworking unit.

I agree that Henny needs to get his next hire right. That's why I think we should keep our interim guy in place for the rest of the season because it gives them time to go through a thorough process. The only time I'd make a move now is unless the guy is George Karl (or another high profile coach), and they want to get them now before other jobs open up. But I think the team should wait and let the new coach start in the summer.

20 year old carmelo, Kenyon Martin, marcus camby, nene, Andre miller, earl boykins

20 year old carmelo, Kenyon Martin, marcus camby, nene, Andre miller, earl boykins

Do you think George Karl sees what we have and think his young Denver Nuggets 2.0?

I think talk of the playoffs is kind of silly at this point honestly. I mean yes, it's possible but it's so out there that it's not even worthy of conversation right now. Let's break the 10 game losing streak and win a few before we start seriously talking about the playoffs.

• Upvote 1