Sign in to follow this  
Skywise316

The Sky Is Falling..?

read the sentinel... lol

Not saying they're the source of all truth, but they probably are the closest thing to a written mainstream media outlet that we have in this area. Agree with them or disagree, but they are not a fringe operation.

So hateful. The snark is primarily in your response, not mine. I believe there is plenty of evidence of me attempting to provide balance to any conversation-including this very thread, you just choose to see what you want. I tend to be agreeable with well thought out position, evidenced by conversation in this very thread. The problem you face is that at times your position lacks a well thought out point, when someone addresses it (not just me) you clam up and get defensive and start e-stomping your feet like an adolescent. Your idea of what defines the difference between what is low and what is not lacks substance, merit and credibility.

I made multiple thought out points and even spaced them out so it was abundantly clear what i was adressing.

Im not sure if you know what clamming up is, or if you now resorting to just making up words and accusations that dont even make logical sense.

This post essentially reads like you googled random sentences and pasted them together because it has zero context in adressing what i said.

And that's exactly the kind of post that was so prevalent this past summer. Very aggressively assertive, basically saying the Magic are doing everything right, any criticism is misplaced, things are going quite well, you just aren't patient enough, you don't understand rebuilding, etc. I especially like the part about "how do I know there aren't milestones" since I don't get a personal report from Rob every day. Does that mean we can't have opinions if we don't get personal reports from the management? Do you think this team is hitting milestones at this point? Which ones? I may not get a personal report but I have eyes.

Look, Catman is entitled to his opinion just like anyone else. But his opinion appears to be increasingly divorced from the opinions of most others following this team, and frankly from reality. Don't take my word for it, just read the articles in today's Sentinel (prior to tonight's loss to another bad team).

I already told you reality - we are in a 4 year rebuld.

Reality is most casual fans cant handle that and whine. Only to return as annoying superfans once the team starts winning again.

When you need to resort to the sentinel - a click bait website essentially, to try and prove a point, you are already grasping at straws.

I already told you reality - we are in a 4 year rebuld.

Reality is most casual fans cant handle that and whine. Only to return as annoying superfans once the team starts winning again.

When you need to resort to the sentinel - a click bait website essentially, to try and prove a point, you are already grasping at straws.

OS has been covering the Magic daily since the 80s. Like, there wasn't even internet then, I don't think.

Here's the problem with the 4 year rebuild plan right now: next year is year 4. What have we built?

I think the main angst and disconnect is: one part of the fan base is lauding our talent and Henny's handiwork, the other half doesn't see why this should be translating to 25 win seasons yearly.

And as I think Murphy mentioned earlier, but this is a historically bad Magic run. Are we actually that talented? Has Henny really done that well?

Also, **** on Otis sure, but he took chances and made big moves. Henny hasn't done either. Why? It's the big gamble that costs you the job. Selling potiential, youth and assets is much easier. Even if your putting a poor product on the court.

• Upvote 1

This is what I want...you guys who know we suck "RIGHT NOW"....to do. Just leave...you can come back later. Just don't watch because its not worth your mental health. As long as you come back, its fine. You were here during the build. Take a break. Its fine. It surely isn't fine for the Magic's fan base and sales but....this is a new low.

As for the rest of the guys who can take multiple kicks to the groin like me, stay and we'll all get drunk in the chat or on pepto bismol, NyQuil, or Heisenberg or whatever these kids call it these days.

As far as I'm concerned, the sky is has fallen through the earth and sunken down Mariana trench and exploded like a uranium/plutonium powered atomic bomb under 35,000 feet of water and its millions of tons of pressure.

I believe everyone understands the ultimate goal. However, as of right now the Magic are unwatchable. The Magic have given up on a number of plays last night that says everything about the goal for the rest of the season. Let us forget about a fairy tale win streak that will save the Magic from the abyss. Its not happening.

Hopefully, we'll trade for Hedo, Glen, sign Duhon, and sign Brian Cook for the remainder of the season so we can have something to laugh at. You know what...just one. That's all because I almost nearly regurgitated imagining such as situation. I'm dead serious.

There is seemingly no one to laugh at right now on the Magic; even Frye. Everyone is all serious or developing. We need a comical character like Hedo that has funny mannerisms or Glen who's character is essentially a continuous outtake. Hedo's comprehension and work ethic does wonders. Duhon fails at everything so....

• Upvote 1

What O touched upon is really the reason I'm so down after losses. Not necessarily because I think we should be winning all our games or whatever but because this team is so likeable. They're all fairly well spoken, hard working guys and I want so much for them to succeed and it sucks that even though I LIKE everybody on the team on a personal level, at least half of them consistently force me to admit they suck at basketball.

• Upvote 1

And that's exactly the kind of post that was so prevalent this past summer. Very aggressively assertive, basically saying the Magic are doing everything right, any criticism is misplaced, things are going quite well, you just aren't patient enough, you don't understand rebuilding, etc. I especially like the part about "how do I know there aren't milestones" since I don't get a personal report from Rob every day. Does that mean we can't have opinions if we don't get personal reports from the management? Do you think this team is hitting milestones at this point? Which ones? I may not get a personal report but I have eyes.

Look, Catman is entitled to his opinion just like anyone else. But his opinion appears to be increasingly divorced from the opinions of most others following this team, and frankly from reality. Don't take my word for it, just read the articles in today's Sentinel (prior to tonight's loss to another bad team).

Most of the posters on this forum are fatalistic dopes so not sure you want to ally yourself with them.

Also, that people get their information from the sentinel makes a lot of sense. I was always wondering how our fanbase was so consistently uninformed.

Guys, the sentinel is a horrible paper from top to bottom. It's been that way for years. They have like three decent writers and none of them are in the sports page. They've had a consistent funding problem for years and are often resorting to "hot takes" journalism to get readers. Why do you think that paper is 60% ad space.

There was one decent magic writer in traditional journalism in the last 10 years and that was John Denton. Then the magic hired him and his writing lost any objectivity.

• Upvote 1

Also, that people get their information from the sentinel makes a lot of sense. I was always wondering how our fanbase was so consistently uninformed.

I disagree. I think the Sentinel is exactly the kind of newspaper that can still sort-of sell in today's market: the kind of paper that tells people exactly what they already think.

Which doubles as a useful explanation as to why certain people on this board would like the Sentinel: because they're the kind of people who decide what they think, and find facts(or "facts" in some cases) to match their opinions.

Although I think in terms of their opinions of the actual team, even more than wanting their opinions validated by someone, it seems like a lot of the people on this board really just feel they're entitled to WAY more than they actually are; it's as though they think buying a ticket to a basketball game entitles them to anything more than a seat at a basketball game, you know?

• Upvote 1

Although I think in terms of their opinions of the actual team, even more than wanting their opinions validated by someone, it seems like a lot of the people on this board really just feel they're entitled to WAY more than they actually are; it's as though they think buying a ticket to a basketball game entitles them to anything more than a seat at a basketball game, you know?

Nailed it.

That is the part that is hilarious to me. "I pay for tickets, do what I want!!".

And for the person who observantly noticed we are on year 3 of 4. Yes, that is correct. We will have another year of this but will be better. Kind of like we are better than we were last year. Most likely have a new coach and some changes made over the summer.

So now the main concern is people are "worried the rebuild may not work" - but they don't even understand the rebuilding process in the first place.

Nailed it.

That is the part that is hilarious to me. "I pay for tickets, do what I want!!".

And for the person who observantly noticed we are on year 3 of 4. Yes, that is correct. We will have another year of this but will be better. Kind of like we are better than we were last year. Most likely have a new coach and some changes made over the summer.

So now the main concern is people are "worried the rebuild may not work" - but they don't even understand the rebuilding process in the first place.

Right. The rebuild is still on track so far. We're going to win in the expected win range. We just need lost games in a fashion that shows we need a new coach. We have at least 3 core pieces for a playoff roster and potentially as many as 5 depending on Gordon and Fournier.

If we had 18 wins instead of 15 right now, everything would be a success which is somewhat ridiculous when you think about it.

Spacely and Catman, I think I understand how rebuilds work. Been a casual fan since they started, hardcore fan since Shaq came in. Even if I haven't lived in Florida and bounced around.

I don't think I'm entitled to anything. No, I certainly don't think the Magic will suddenly win a basketball game JUST because I'm there. I just hope I happen to be going to a winning game, especially against a poor team (raise the odds).

Me and my GF have been chomping at the bit to go to a game since she started watching with me, she's already a bit disheartened because she was a fan of Jameer and he's not here anymore. It's also gone beyond wins or losses. If the team ~O~ so eloquently described show up with minimal effort when I'm driving from Brevard County to see the game for my GF's birthday?

I'll be angry, to put it mildly. I understand the process. That doesn't mean the process is being handled correctly. There has been some lean years in Magic history, but with more demands for my time and my "Believe" getting more and more shaken.....

I'm just saying.