Sign in to follow this  
TreyMachine

The "What to do with Tobias Harris" Thread

33 members have voted

1. 1. What should we do with Tobias Harris?

• Keep him and sign him at all costs
    • Keep him for the rest of the season and leave open the door to possibly to sign/match him in the offseason
    • Trade him this season and get the best value for him while we still have him
    • Other

no no no no no to randle

we are not the 76ers -- we aren't going to experiment with big men that have early injuries.

im a big henny supporter and i would want him fired if he did that

Honestly I think he would be foolish to goto NY.

He would be leaving the team that gave him a chance, the players he grew into his career with, his cousin and to a team thats worse than we are right now AND whos already paying another person max money while they suck.

I say resign him for $15/year if it comes to it -- i would cringe, but its highly doubtful we will be able to replace him.

Pretty much

Pretty much

The Magic have a history of getting a franchise player in the draft and then screwing it up by over paying for surrounding talent forcing a drastic rebuild. From the looks of things we do not yet have a franchise player. Everyone on this roster is surrounding talent. We likely get a franchise player by trading for a disgruntled star. That takes assets. We can't afford to let one of our major assets walk without a return. Did that once. Didn't repeat the mistake with Howard. Shouldn't repeat the mistake with Harris. Get what you can and focus on developing Payton and Vic in the backcourt, Aaron on the wing and Vuc in the middle.

You guys realize Hennigan is smart right? When it comes to Harris, we have all the leverage as we can always match or at least threaten to match...that's not a hand I expect Rob to lose.

• Upvote 2

If Rob Hennigan was dumb enough to trade for Randle, then we'd already have Nerlens Noel. Or Andrew Bynum, for that matter.

Whether Noel would be a bad thing or not is up to the eye of the beholder. Bynum clearly would have been a disaster.

Point is, seems like a trend that Rob doesn't take chances on injured players.

• Upvote 2

If Rob Hennigan was dumb enough to trade for Randle, then we'd already have Nerlens Noel. Or Andrew Bynum, for that matter.

Whether Noel would be a bad thing or not is up to the eye of the beholder. Bynum clearly would have been a disaster.

Point is, seems like a trend that Rob doesn't take chances on injured players.

Yea. This actually going back to when he took Nicholson over Sullinger because of his back.

Yea. This actually going back to when he took Nicholson over Sullinger because of his back.

Well, that's a bad example because it backfired-Sullinger is a very good player. And Noel is looking very good, imagine him next to Nik...I like Vic still but come on, Noel is no joke.

I would take Randle back in a deal assuming it didn't cost us everything, he is just too good a player to pass up. He was like the love child of Charles Barkley and Manu Ginobili before he went down with the broken leg. His foot surgery is no big deal, they were just removing a screw he didn't need anymore.

Nichoison was a promising NBA player as a rookie (PER above 15!) until Jacque Vaughn inexplicably told him to shoot threes in some vain attempt to make him a stretch 4.

Except he can't fit next to Vuc anyway. Unless you really would enjoy a Vuc-nicholson lineup on defense.

Well, that's a bad example because it backfired-Sullinger is a very good player. And Noel is looking very good, imagine him next to Nik...I like Vic still but come on, Noel is no joke.

I would take Randle back in a deal assuming it didn't cost us everything, he is just too good a player to pass up. He was like the love child of Charles Barkley and Manu Ginobili before he went down with the broken leg. His foot surgery is no big deal, they were just removing a screw he didn't need anymore.

Oh I wasn't saying it was a good move by any means. I wanted Sullinger and I thought for sure we were going to take him. Where we were picking, it was worth the risk. I never liked the Nicholson pick mainly for the simple fact that I always thought Sullinger should have been the pick because he was a much better player in every area imaginable, and sure enough, he's the better NBA player. Just saying that it was another example of Rob passing on a player with "injury" questions.

Except he can't fit next to Vuc anyway. Unless you really would enjoy a Vuc-nicholson lineup on defense.

Exactly. Nicholson can score the ball ok, but he is such a liability rebounding and on defense that he will never be able to play significant minutes in the NBA. His feet move like they are stuck in cement at all times and it's painful to watch.