Sign in to follow this  
ufballer1986

Official 2014-2015 Shake-and-Bake Trade Thread

If Henny trades Harris, I expect a trade for another young and random asset on a rookie deal… not someone who is breaking the bank or will break the bank. This seems to be Henny's style, to pick up random young players that fit the Magic DNA and to grow them up.

For instance, I could see him doing something crazy like: http://espn.go.com/n...tradeId=nz9zxao. Forgetting for a minute where Cappela was drafted, he was ranked as the #2 prospect by Pelton in the draft (http://insider.espn....ection-rankings). This type of deal would preserve our cap space and open up the SF spot for AG.

He might not be a serviceable offensive player for four years or so, if ever.

http://www.thedreams...ws-clint-capela

I think it's time we start competing for the playoffs now, not in 4 years.

Ah man, remember the days when we got bashed for not dealing Dwight for Brook Lopez, Marshon Brooks, Kris Humphries, and late round draft picks? Good times

Ah man, remember the days when we got bashed for not dealing Dwight for Brook Lopez, Marshon Brooks, Kris Humphries, and late round draft picks? Good times

Pretty much everything we've done since then has been bashed too. The actual Howard trade, not getting a first for JJ, not getting a first for Afflalo, the Ben Gordon contract and even the Elfrid trade.

It all worked out pretty well if you ask me.

Posters on this board felt the same way. Remember when "we should have gotten a star quality center for Dwight"?

[/size]

I think it's time we start competing for the playoffs now, not in 4 years.

I'd love to compete for the playoffs, but we can't force growth with Payton, Dipo and others. It takes time. I highly doubt Henny brings in players that will take the ball out of Dipo and Vooch's hands.

Pretty much everything we've done since then has been bashed too. The actual Howard trade, not getting a first for JJ, not getting a first for Afflalo, the Ben Gordon contract and even the Elfrid trade.

It all worked out pretty well if you ask me.

The jury is still out on a couple of transactions, but for the most part I agree with you. Not sure why this didn't include the Frye and Gordon signings.

I'd love to compete for the playoffs, but we can't force growth with Payton, Dipo and others. It takes time. I highly doubt Henny brings in players that will take the ball out of Dipo and Vooch's hands.

We might be competing for the playoffs now fwiw

We're only 2.5 games out of the 8th spot in the east, and the current 8 seed is beginning a fire sale.

We're only 2.5 games out of the 8th spot in the east, and the current 8 seed is beginning a fire sale.

Plus if we win tonight we're jumping the loser of Pistons pacers.

according to woj they are not doing the trade no more...

also said rockets could make a move for lopez