Sign in to follow this  
Mauro Pedrosa

GAMETHREAD: ORLANDO vs Boston

I wouldn't say so. Just having a bad run of 3 out of 4 games. Even with those and one other bad game for the month he is averaging pretty good numbers which should continue with time and the slow adjustment to SG again. His shooting numbers have been pretty damn impressive in my opinion this year. 11 games of + .500% shooting over 22 games is pretty good.

Besides numbers I should mention that I have been disappointed in his defense. He does not seem to be containing or cause havoc on that end of the court. Hopefully he starts to align back to the player he was in college in that area (hopefully it is not because of the talent increase of the NBA). One thing I have noticed (shifting to Payton), is that once he stops getting those little nearly non-existent fouls called by referees on rookies, he is going to be a stud defender.

Major props go out to Kyle O'Quinn for his play in the 4th quarter. He stepped up when we needed it.

I agree. I'll ask again. Has Kyle's play made Frye expendable? I would rather have KoQ anchoring the PF spot. He is a better passer, rebounder, and defender already. Dare I say he's a better mid range shooter? He has definitely developed his 3pt shot. Payton4thewin are you onboard now? We still need to see consistency but I think Kyle may be better for us than Frye.

I agree. I'll ask again. Has Kyle's play made Frye expendable? I would rather have gave KoQ anchoring the PF spot. He is a better passer, rebounder, and defender already. Dare I say he's a better mid range shooter? He has definitely developed his 3pt shot. Payton4thewin are you on board now? We still need to see consistency but I think Kyle may be better for us than Frye.

Probably.

I agree. I'll ask again. Has Kyle's play made Frye expendable? I would rather have gave KoQ anchoring the PF spot. He is a better passer, rebounder, and defender already. Dare I say he's a better mid range shooter? He has definitely developed his 3pt shot. Payton4thewin are you on board now? We still need to see consistency but I think Kyle may be better for us than Frye.

Only if he continues this level of play and can learn to not foul like crazy.

Frye has indeed become expendable for us. However, our problem is not how expendable he is, but now HOW TRADABLE he is.

With his contract, there is NO ONE who would take him outside of for the sake of budgetary reasons to make a trade work, at least that's the feeling I get from around the league when people were shocked that we had signed him for $8 mil a year for 4 years - a contract he has not lived up to in the least.

Frye has indeed become expendable for us. However, our problem is not how expendable he is, but now HOW TRADABLE he is.

With his contract, there is NO ONE who would take him outside of for the sake of budgetary reasons to make a trade work, at least that's the feeling I get from around the league when people were shocked that we had signed him for $8 mil a year for 4 years - a contract he has not lived up to in the least.

It's a declining contract

We could trade him for Perkins or Nash with no problem

if you would have asked me before the season who I'd be wanting to get rid of before trade deadline of our new players...I would not have expected wanting to keep ben gordon by such a large margin over frye

what about....houston has a glut of PF's now that are pretty good, they still like dragic who's expring, frye doesn't seem to be working out for us, suns dump tolliver the frye replacement....???

I like us getting something like papanikolaou, d-mo, t-jones type of guys who's minutes are gone to josh smith now and maybe need to take back like terry/corey brewer and suns get frye and luke and rockets get dragic.