Sign in to follow this  
Ryan the Magic Fan

Finishing out December

http://espn.go.com/nba/story/_/id/12033316/josh-mcroberts-miami-heat-miss-rest-season-torn-meniscus-chris-bosh-calf-indefinitely

Sooo.... Bosh is out for at least a little while. The Heat are starting to look like we did back earlier in the season. Take a look at the next nine games till the end of Dec.

@ Toronto

@ Boston

vs Utah

vs Philadelphia

vs Boston

vs Cleveland

@ Charlotte

@ Miami

vs Detroit

Outside of Cleveland and Toronto every single one of those games is very winnable. If Orlando hold's true to form of taking care teams we should beat and competing against ones that should beat us, the Magic may very well end Dec with a record of 17-18. One game off of .500 and most likely in possession of either the 8th or 7th seed in the playoffs. And only a little over a third of the way through the season. Could be a very good opportunity for this young team to really put the foot on the gas.

http://espn.go.com/nba/story/_/id/12033316/josh-mcroberts-miami-heat-miss-rest-season-torn-meniscus-chris-bosh-calf-indefinitely

Sooo.... Bosh is out for at least a little while. The Heat are starting to look like we did back earlier in the season. Take a look at the next nine games till the end of Dec.

@ Toronto

@ Boston

vs Utah

vs Philadelphia

vs Boston

vs Cleveland

@ Charlotte

@ Miami

vs Detroit

Outside of Cleveland and Toronto every single one of those games is very winnable. If Orlando hold's true to form of taking care teams we should beat and competing against ones that should beat us, the Magic may very well end Dec with a record of 17-18. One game off of .500 and most likely in possession of either the 8th or 7th seed in the playoffs. And only a little over a third of the way through the season. Could be a very good opportunity for this young team to really put the foot on the gas.

Yup. We've been preaching this for three weeks now.

It's going to be funny when everyone starts thinking championship once we win 9 of our next 12. Nothing has changed. Schedule just got easier.

We aren't a very reliable team when it comes to winning streaks. Since we're a very raw team with inconsistencies, I can for sure not put stock into having a 17-18 record. The only player I can count on to show up and play an average or above average game is Vucevic. Ben Gordon has been fairly consistent lately. Harris has been consistent but his field goal percentage...eh. Other than that, every game should be a toss up.

• Upvote 1

We aren't a very reliable team when it comes to winning streaks. Since we're a very raw team with inconsistencies, I can for sure not put stock into having a 17-18 record. The only player I can count on to show up and play an average or above average game is Vucevic. Ben Gordon has been fairly consistent lately. Harris has been consistent but his field goal attempts Other than that, those everyone be a toss up.

I disagree. We tend to beat teams we're better than and lose to teams we're worse than.

See.....well the last three showings is exactly how I felt. I can't count on these this team as of right now to be prepared mentally and physically to be capable of taking advantage of a stretch of games. The 07 to 10 magic teams would tear that up with some minor hiccups.

@ Toronto

@ Boston

vs Utah

vs Philadelphia

vs Boston

vs Cleveland

@ Charlotte

@ Miami

vs Detroit

Love the optimism, but it's not happening. Your talking about a 4 and 3 Game win streak.

When was the last time we went 7-2 in a 9 game span,I know JV wasn't the coach when it happened.

As I've said before, losing tends to create it's own momentum, it's not something you can turn off when you face an easier team. It's why I gave a +1 to O's comment above a week ago.

Having said that, we darn well should beat the 76'ers tonight, who barely even qualify as a professional basketball team.

As I've said before, losing tends to create it's own momentum, it's not something you can turn off when you face an easier team. It's why I gave a +1 to O's comment above a week ago.

Having said that, we darn well should beat the 76'ers tonight, who barely even qualify as a professional basketball team.

so if a barely qaulified professional basketball team beats us, what does that make us?