Sign in to follow this  
Catalina Maria

Are we better without Victor Oladipo?

I don't think Payton has proved he can be a starter in this league yet. Fournier and Oladipo have outplayed him by a pretty large margin; there is no room for him in the starting lineup at this point.

You are of course entitled to your opinion, but Payton is a much better PG than Dipo and it's not even close. Of course Dipo is the better overall player at the moment, but Payton is a natural PG and Dipo is a SG playing PG.

• Upvote 1

You are of course entitled to your opinion, but Payton is a much better PG than Dipo and it's not even close. Of course Dipo is the better overall player at the moment, but Payton is a natural PG and Dipo is a SG playing PG.

Payton is a better passer but that doesn't mean we play better with him in the game right now. When he has the ball in his hands he has value but as soon as he gives up the ball, teams start hedging off of him.

For long stretches it makes more sense to take a hit in ball movement in order to have a better offensive threat on the floor

Payton is a better passer but that doesn't mean we play better with him in the game right now. When he has the ball in his hands he has value but as soon as he gives up the ball, teams start hedging off of him.

For long stretches it makes more sense to take a hit in ball movement in order to have a better offensive threat on the floor

But we do play better with him in the game, which I assume is why he is often on the court to close games. I'm not opposed to Dipo playing stretches at PG, but Payton is the better PG hands down and Dipo is a better player at the SG spot than when he is trying to run the point...because he's a two-guard.

I love how more insane this thread looks now that Oladipo, just like several of us predicted, has his legs back under him and is starting to play better. And his jumper is starting to drop too....

I love how more insane this thread looks now that Oladipo, just like several of us predicted, has his legs back under him and is starting to play better. And his jumper is starting to drop too....

Continually with each game. Particularly with how well he is shooting.

The point of this thread is still justified per last night's game against the Celtics. The Dipo as PG experiment needs to stop! We are losing valuable time not allowing Payton to carry the ball even when Dipo is in the lineup with him. The last few games show regression not improvement. Despite losses, we stayed competitive to the end the games at the beginning of the season. Not so lately.

Both are effective in different ways. Oladipo attacks the defense, draws it in, and then hits an open shooter. Payton picks apart the defense with very accurate passing. They are most effective when they are on the floor together. The second half of that game against GSW they torched both ends of the floor, against what is supposed to be the best backcourt playing right now. Start Payton at PG, start Oladipo at SG, start Fournier af SF, start Harris at PF, and start Vucevic at Center. Oladipo, Fournier, and Harris are all threats at 3 point range, and all three can drive the lane. We need to start the games much stronger than we have been, early in the games our offense is inconsistent and we frequently play from behind. Channing Frye is supposed to spread the floor but he is not shooting well enough and teams are beginning to leave him more room rather than playing him tight. Let him come off the bench for a while and see if his shooting improves. I have my fireman hat on so flame away at my ideas.

Both are effective in different ways. Oladipo attacks the defense, draws it in, and then hits an open shooter. Payton picks apart the defense with very accurate passing. They are most effective when they are on the floor together. The second half of that game against GSW they torched both ends of the floor, against what is supposed to be the best backcourt playing right now. Start Payton at PG, start Oladipo at SG, start Fournier af SF, start Harris at PF, and start Vucevic at Center. Oladipo, Fournier, and Harris are all threats at 3 point range, and all three can drive the lane. We need to start the games much stronger than we have been, early in the games our offense is inconsistent and we frequently play from behind. Channing Frye is supposed to spread the floor but he is not shooting well enough and teams are beginning to leave him more room rather than playing him tight. Let him come off the bench for a while and see if his shooting improves. I have my fireman hat on so flame away at my ideas.

Great suggestion!

No, no it isn't. Still WTOTY worthy.

The point of this thread is ONCE again justified with tonight's loss to the Jazz. The team with Dipo AND Payton in the backcourt was responsible for that comeback late in the 4th. JV takes Payton out and the Jazz lead goes back up to 10.

Payton makes everybody else around him better. Dipo is better with Payton playing beside him.

I rest my case.

The point of this thread is ONCE again justified with tonight's loss to the Jazz. The team with Dipo AND Payton in the backcourt was responsible for that comeback late in the 4th. JV takes Payton out and the Jazz lead goes back up to 10.

Payton makes everybody else around him better. Dipo is better with Payton playing beside him.

I rest my case.

The argument "Payton should start" was different a month ago than it is now. A month ago, Payton wasn't ready and still needed a boost in confidence. Now, he has developed and learned to play with the team.

Saying you were right this whole time is like saying "we should eat the cake now" before it was put in the oven, then claim you were right when everyone decides to eat it after its finished baking.