Sign in to follow this  
CTMagicUK

Warriors @ Magic

I said that's the lineup JV should roll out with. I'm not saying he actually will. I'm sure Dipo will be at PG again and Frye will start.

your opinion of course i know..

after the last 2 shambles he needs to refresh the line up.

Payton is the PG. Time he does it

1. You overrate o'quinn

2. You underrate frye and what he does for our spacing

3. Ben Gordon is better than Willie green

1. No I don't. He's not a starting PF. He's just a better player than Frye. Frye does one thing well, he can shoot the 3. O'Quinn is a better rebounder, one on one defender and stronger. He can also hit the outside shot and did so before he went down.

2. O'Quinn has shown he can shoot from mid range out to the 3.

3. In what ? I have seen nothing from Gordon. Willie at least can get to the basket without his shot getting blocked. Plays better defense too.

Evan Fournier Postgame Interview

He tells it how it is.

Detroit away is how we need to play... Frye opening up space..picking and popping for 3s

Lets hope it comes.

For me our D is concerning.

Evan Fournier Postgame Interview

He tells it how it is.

Detroit away is how we need to play... Frye opening up space..picking and popping for 3s

Lets hope it comes.

For me our D is concerning.

Agreed. But for me I am not worried about our players. Frye is still getting his legs back and learning to play with this new team. Oladipo is getting his legs back and being played out of position. Elfrid is finally shooting a with more confidence and I think proving that he thinks his shot is worse than it actually is.

My issue is JV. His rotations, his choice to play Oladipo at PG (it is frustrating watching Victor hold the ball for too long instead of initiating the offense quickly). I also believe that our poor defense is on him, it is his rotations, it is his defensive sets.

On a positive note, what I have been impressed with is:

* Vucevic, he is quite strong. Watching him back people down is becoming very enjoyable. Also, I feel like when ever he takes a shot it feels like it will go in.

* Harris, he had a slow start to the season but he is making a very good percentage of his shots and one could argue he is the best rebounding SF in the league.

* Fournier, his three point shot is nice, but that is not what impresses me the most. It is his slashing and driving, he finishes a large percentage of his shots at the rim and is always looking to get there.

1. No I don't. He's not a starting PF. He's just a better player than Frye. Frye does one thing well, he can shoot the 3. O'Quinn is a better rebounder, one on one defender and stronger. He can also hit the outside shot and did so before he went down.

2. O'Quinn has shown he can shoot from mid range out to the 3.

3. In what ? I have seen nothing from Gordon. Willie at least can get to the basket without his shot getting blocked. Plays better defense too.

Who has Fryes PG been recently?

Don't be foolish. Frye is best with a PG who can run the PnR. Victor can't do it as well as Payton. You can see that right?

1. You overrate o'quinn

2. You underrate frye and what he does for our spacing

3. Ben Gordon is better than Willie green

1. Agreed.

2. Only true if he has shooters around him; he does not.

3. Disagree.

That all aside, we need to go with a Payton/Vic backcourt and see how it works. If by the end of the year it doesn't, we're *****ed.

And does it seem like teams are more prepared then us game-plan wise at least 8 out of 10 games? Is this a problem we should be increasingly worried about?

Who has Fryes PG been recently?

Don't be foolish. Frye is best with a PG who can run the PnR. Victor can't do it as well as Payton. You can see that right?

Yup.

Although I'd add that every PF/C who can shoot is better with a PG that can roll a PnR.

Yup.

Although I'd add that every PF/C who can shoot is better with a PG that can roll a PnR.

But just so it's clear, I think Dipo is just being used incorrectly. He's a tremendous talent and the heart of this team. He's just not a point guard. I hope our point guard coach figures this out.

(I have my doubts)

This is from the O-Sent write-up My link:

But even Vaughn indicated he wasn’t happy with the ball movement.

“Unfortunately, I ruined the taste of some turkey dinners tomorrow with some of the play that we had, but that’s a part of this process,” he said later. “We have to have those guys play together. I can try to continue to get them to practice together.

“But I think the overall theme — and hopefully the guys saw it — is that there’s not one All-Star on this team. . . . No one’s made an All-Star team here, so our success is going to be found in us playing together and playing as a unit. Hopefully, we saw that as a team tonight.”

Oladipo had never played point guard until his rookie season, and his progress this season was slowed by a knee injury on Oct. 3 and by a facial fracture on Oct. 23.

There are times when the offense grinds to a halt when he has the ball in his hands.

“It’s something that we’ve got to just figure out and we’ve just got to get better at,” Oladipo said. “And when we do and we just continue to learn how to play with each other and continue to figure each other out, I think we’ll be just fine.

A.) I'm going to disagree with emphasizing to the team that they aren't all-stars (even if they aren't) and b.) JV, read your own comments, point guards are born not developed. You know this.

The Warriors are a very good team, and I'm impressed with Steve Kerr. He played a long time for one of the best tutors in the game, and it shows. I really like their movement on offense, and how their guards attack on defense as soon as the ball crosses the mid court. I'm thankful we don't play in the West.