Sign in to follow this  
CTMagicUK

GAME THREAD: Magic @ Pistons

must needed win after the loss of AG

harris coming along nicely.

feel bad for payton -- boy is struggling an its looking like vaughn is looking to give ridnour more minutes.

i hate to say it but if your a PG and can't shoot / cant break the defender down off of the dribble / cant penetrate the defense consistently, you're gonna ride the bench. and in paytons case, the reason he cant do the last part is because the defense sags off of him, so it all stems back to not being able to shoot or make the defense pay for sagging off of you.

the kid is physical, no doubt, but right now that is not enough.

I agree completely about Payton. I have no problem with his limited playing time while he learns what being an NBA player consist of. As long as he works hard his playing time will grow as he grows and the season gets deeper. This kid was a late lottery pick not someone who was going to lead a team from jump street. He needs to develop plain and simple.

I noticed Payton not being able to fight over top of screens on several occasions playing defense. While its doubtful this is the only reason he was riding the line tonight, this had to play a part and it's not the first time. Payton's faced a murderers row of PGs lately but it's not getting easier anytime soon.

I'm extremely happy about the win but...

Some of you guys make me sick with your short sighted thinking. We are not going to win a championship this year. Playing Luke over Payton will only benefit this team in the short run but it will not give Payton the needed time to grow into an NBA premier point guard that we all hope he will be. JV is trying to win games now to protect his job which is great but if we win 35 games this year and come back next season and Payton is not confident and ready to take the next step as a player we will not improve. Also the strategy of bringing guys along slowly when they're rookies or young players is what veteran teams with a winning record do not a team that has been in the bottom of the league standings the last 2 years. Last thing I'll say to respond to people saying Payton can't score or he's not ready to lead the offense, this is the same guy who a week ago scored 15 points with 9 assist and the same guy who single handedly got us back in the game against philly with his great d and assist.

He took 2 jumpers tonight and made 1, he played 5 minutes total. Please explain to me how this will make him a better player? I bet Milwaukee fans and Denver fans wish there dumba$$ coaches would have played Harris and Fournier more when they had the chance not to mention Vuc as well.

Some of you guys make me sick with your short sighted thinking. We are not going to win a championship this year. Playing Luke over Payton will only benefit this team in the short run but it will not give Payton the needed time to grow into an NBA premier point guard that we all hope he will be. JV is trying to win games now to protect his job which is great but if we win 35 games this year and come back next season and Payton is not confident and ready to take the next step as a player we will not improve. Also the strategy of bringing guys along slowly when they're rookies or young players is what veteran teams with a winning record do not a team that has been in the bottom of the league standings the last 2 years. Last thing I'll say to respond to people saying Payton can't score or he's not ready to lead the offense, this is the same guy who a week ago scored 15 points with 9 assist and the same guy who single handedly got us back in the game against philly with his great d and assist.

He took 2 jumpers tonight and made 1, he played 5 minutes total. Please explain to me how this will make him a better player? I bet Milwaukee fans and Denver fans wish there dumba$ coaches would have played Harris and Fournier more when they had the chance not to mention Vuc as well.

You might..just..want to relax.

• Upvote 1

1416282329[/url]' post='992378']

You might..just..want to relax.

You might just want to not tell me what to do. Unless you have something to respond to what I posted keep it moving.

I noticed Payton not being able to fight over top of screens on several occasions playing defense. While its doubtful this is the only reason he was riding the line tonight, this had to play a part and it's not the first time. Payton's faced a murderers row of PGs lately but it's not getting easier anytime soon.

definitely noticed that too.

he will get better in time.

right now i would say he's more of a project than AG.

1416282501[/url]' post='992380']

definitely noticed that too.

he will get better in time.

right now i would say he's more of a project than AG.

Did Luke do a good job of fighting over the screens?

You might just want to not tell me what to do. Unless you have something to respond to what I posted keep it moving.

Eh. Relax man. No one is attacking you. We won tonight so be happy. Please be happy. Why did I bold your Philly? Philly is the awful of all awful when it comes to basketball. A D-League team could probably beat them and they should make every player look great. Had our offense not had been miserable to watch that night, we could have easily taken that win.

I'm not to high on Payton as he is right now which is raw to say the least.

He's gotten taken advantage of due to his inability to make shots and hesitance to take shots that are open to him. Some of them being great shots that Ridnour (who is taking his minutes) can surely make. He's also been blown past on defense lately which doesn't happen much to an already seasoned Oladipo. Payton has looked really noncompetitive to me the past 3 games. The guys in front of him are starting to do well. Especially Ridnour who everyone was taking shots at Vaughn for playing. Everyone wants to see this kid succeed but his success will not be immediate and it will not be at the cost of us losing games this season.

His improvement will come off the court through repetition of simple routines to improve and after two years in an unforeseeable future where he could possibly choose to improve his game. Lets say July 27th, 2016...when we see summer videos or something, everyone on the forum is stating "Wow. Payton's game has greatly improved since those two or something years ago".

I think lately, a majority of people on the forum has been looking to noose anyone who dare not criticize Jacque Vaughn for not playing Payton.

Right now, Payton is not the guy and when he's truly truly improved I will not for second notice it and mention it. As of now he's struggling to keep pace because he's a rookie and because he's inexperienced.

Ridnour at the beginning of the season was getting axed by many of the guys here but he's come through far more consistently. Now that Oladipo is back and is capable of playing point, minutes are down for Payton because he surely can't play the 2 guard.

So once again...relax. No one is attacking you.

• Upvote 2

He took 2 jumpers tonight and made 1, he played 5 minutes total. Please explain to me how this will make him a better player? I bet Milwaukee fans and Denver fans wish there dumba$ coaches would have played Harris and Fournier more when they had the chance not to mention Vuc as well.

This is where winning games benefiting the team vs playing Payton soley for developmental purposes comes into play. While Payton was sitting and so called not gaining experience and confidence the rest of the 8 players who received ample playing time were gaining experience and confidence. One players development should not be placed over the teams development as a whole. Yes Payton is the future and yes he needs to build confidence but his time will come. The kid is obviously very talented everyone including JV can see that.

JV just signed an extention....I highly doubt him trying to keep his job is his sole reason for not playing Payton.

We are only 12 games into a long season...Payton sitting a few games in no way means we are bringing him along slowly. Maybe he had a bad week of practice. Maybe an ankle isnt feeling right. Maybe this maybe that but we are 12 friggin games in. Pump the breaks!

A wise man once said R-E-L-A-X.........

54662324.jpg

1416283977[/url]' post='992382']

Eh. Relax man. No one is attacking you. We won tonight so be happy. Please be happy. Why did I bold your Philly? Philly is the awful of all awful when it comes to basketball. A D-League team could probably beat them and they should make every player look great. Had our offense not had been miserable to watch that night, we could have easily taken that win.

I'm not to high on Payton as he is right now which is raw to say the least.

He's gotten taken advantage of due to his inability to make shots and hesitance to take shots that are open to him. Some of them being great shots that Ridnour (who is taking his minutes) can surely make. He's also been blown past on defense lately which doesn't happen much to an already seasoned Oladipo. Payton has looked really noncompetitive to me the past 3 games. The guys in front of him are starting to do well. Especially Ridnour who everyone was taking shots at Vaughn for playing. Everyone wants to see this kid succeed but his success will not be immediate and it will not be at the cost of us losing games this season.

His improvement will come off the court through repetition of simple routines to improve and after two years in an unforeseeable future where he could possibly choose to improve his game. Lets say July 27th, 2016...when we see summer videos or something, everyone on the forum is stating "Wow. Payton's game has greatly improved since those two or something years ago".

I think lately, a majority of people on the forum has been looking to noose anyone who dare not criticize Jacque Vaughn for not playing Payton.

Right now, Payton is not the guy and when he's truly truly improved I will not for second notice it and mention it. As of now he's struggling to keep pace because he's a rookie and because he's inexperienced.

Ridnour at the beginning of the season was getting axed by many of the guys here but he's come through far more consistently. Now that Oladipo is back and is capable of playing point, minutes are down for Payton because he surely can't play the 2 guard.

So once again...relax. No one is attacking you.

I wasn't really frustrated by what you said just frustrated with JV? Look at the Harkless situation, is he getting better or reaching his potential by repetition and growing on the bench? We are going to need all of these young guys in about 3 years and I just hope for all the fans sake that Jacque starts to incorporate them more. I believe EP and Harkless biggest problems are their confidence.

We are 8th in the East....Can't remember the last time we was.

Good win tonight.. Lets try to build on it.

Next 5 games on paper are harder.

Go Magic!