Sign in to follow this  
ILoveOrlandoMagic

Gamethread: Orlando Magic @ New York Knicks

Payton really has to find a way to at least put some points up. If he can't finish, hit foul shots or shoot jumpers then regardless of how good his passing is he's a liability on offense. Until he can find some scoring then I understand the move to have Ridnour finish games.

Agreed. Love the 8 assists and defense, but his offense really needs some serious off-season work.

Payton really has to find a way to at least put some points up. If he can't finish, hit foul shots or shoot jumpers then regardless of how good his passing is he's a liability on offense. Until he can find some scoring then I understand the move to have Ridnour finish games.

I feel like he's scared right now. He only took TWO SHOTS. As I recall, he took 16 shots in a game earlier this season. While he has to find a balance, he was attacking the rim but was looking to pass continuously. As long as he makes the defense collapse and has the opportunity for easy baskets, he will continue to have to judge whether to shoot or pass - of which he is clearly more inclined to do the latter.

Payton at the very least needs a foul shot. When you are up by a slim margin with the game on the line, you HAVE TO make those free throws. For this reason, I can see why JV would put Ridnour in in these circumstances.

Sweet win. We've kept it competitive in most of our losses, really looking forward to adding Oladipo to this group. Given Fournier's awesome emergence, anyone think we'll start Oladipo at PG at least until Payton improves offensively?

Sweet win. We've kept it competitive in most of our losses, really looking forward to adding Oladipo to this group. Given Fournier's awesome emergence, anyone think we'll start Oladipo at PG at least until Payton improves offensively?

I could see Payton and Oladipo starting with Fournier coming off the bench (like Manu) and finishing the game with Fournier and Oladipo playing PG. Would be a great final group.

Another thing I'm really happy about: a DNP (Coaches Decision) for Ben Gordon. :bigparty:/>

Agreed. Id be fine with not seeing him again the rest of the year.

Great win. Knicks are a disaster right now but winning the 2nd night of a road back-to-back is quite an accomplishment.

Monsieur Basquetball has been incredible. Here's hoping he can keep it going. Vuch could be an all-star.

Anyone know generally when we get Dipo back?