Sign in to follow this  
Franchero MVP

GAMETHREAD: Orlando Magic @ Toronto Raptors

Why is Ridnour playing in crunch time?

Because we needed guys on the floor who can actually shoot. How many airballs did we shoot tonight?

This is what happens when you don't put your foot on their throats. Toronto was complaining all night about getting calls that they didn't deserve and they finally got them in the fourth. The Magic were very complacent with their lead the entire night never pushing it above 15. It always stayed 8-13. We had a great offensive game. Of course we blew it in a cliche fashion in the fourth and then the officiating completely went in Toronto's favor in the fourth.

I'm trying not to blame the officiating this year but for *****ing *****s sakes. If the Toronto Raptors won games with those calls going their way, they are not a legitimate team, don't deserve any respect, and aren't at all contender. We had probably 5 fouls and 3 second violations that were never called on them that were game changing plays that would have kept the margin to at least 7. Some of them were completely not fouls and it was absurd they would even remotely think about making that call on the Magic.

Other than that Jacque Vaughn completely went over the line tonight by deciding to finish the game with luke ridnour rather than Payton. That guy is really close to the edge of the cliff. I understand that Ridnour was having a great game until he was being blown past Kyle Lowry, a guy who Payton managed to keep in check all night.

This is a game that everyone should be upset that we lost.

Vuc is a beast still. Evan is awesome. Tobes had a good game. Channing was hot early and they stuck to him like glue pretty much every time down after that. We just pushed the best team in the East (as of right now) to their limits so while I'm disappointed I can see the positives. With Dipo I think we win that game.

• Upvote 1

I did Ridnour is not worthy of 30 mins... What did I makeup? The fact that when Ridnours on the floor we let Fournier set the offense because he's better at it? The fact he is a sieve on defense? Lowry could get into the paint at will against him. Take off those blinders.

Lowry did nothing of the sort.

We needed another guy to spread the floor. Ridnour hit some shots and moved the ball well. Maybe we were trying to protect our young guy from arguably the best guard in the NBA so far this season.

He's playing well. Payton wasn't. Just riding what works this game

Even in Paytons struggles, he was able to get to the paint on offense and good stops on D. His being on the bench in the 4th qtr totally defies good sense! Nothing can explain this strategy! In fact you can't even call it strategy!! This was just one dumb loss!

Vuc is a beast still. Evan is awesome. Tobes had a good game. Channing was hot early and they stuck to him like glue pretty much every time down after that. We just pushed the best team in the East (as of right now) to their limits so while I'm disappointed I can see the positives. With Dipo I think we win that game.

This

The reasoning in my head for why Payton didn't play so much is because we have games coming thick and fast and he's not used to this many games so we're protecting him from fatigue. Still would have liked to see him in there at the end though.

Even in Paytons struggles, he was able to get to the paint on offense and good stops on D. His being on the bench in the 4th qtr totally defies good sense! Nothing can explain this strategy! In fact you can't even call it strategy!! This was just one dumb loss!

He took two shots! We needed someone who could spread the floor. Payton can't yet.

Lowry did nothing of the sort.

We needed another guy to spread the floor. Ridnour hit some shots and moved the ball well. Maybe we were trying to protect our young guy from arguably the best guard in the NBA so far this season.

Ridnour did hit a few shots 3-7 and 0-2 from 3, but also committed 5 fouls trying to guard Lowry. I think you draft Payton because of his defensive abilities and he was doing a decent job containing him. Jacque Vaughn is just out of his league! Listen to his post game press conferences! He spins everything. I don't believe he even knows why he does things.