Years of Tragic and Magic

Jacque Vaughn Thread

42 members have voted

1. 1. Will Jacque Vaughn be fired this year?

• No, he is under contract.
    • No, he is a good coach.
    • No, he needs more players.
    • No, the Magic have always been loyal to a fault.
    • Yes, he will be the fall guy for our failures.
    • Yes, its a shame because he was a good coach.
    • Yes, he is a horrible coach.

It is... and seeing what we did to the Bulls was also weird.

If I took what we did and applied it to cybersecurity, our game would become an Anomaly. We scored 121pts, the last time we scored close to that within regulation and won was April 9th, 2012 against the Pistons (119-89).

So as much as I enjoyed the game, I understand that I should never count on seeing this type of performance again. The above also has me wondering about the future. Was this the best we could be, a fluke if you will. Or can we keep this going.

Weird yep, this whole season has been just that.

The categories you set up are not mutually exclusive. This can be the best game we've played all year and not a fluke at the same time. Chicago is a very good team. If we play 75% of this game against the rest of the league we'll probably make the playoffs.

Why would somebody want to compare an NBA game to cybersecurity? These two things are nothing alike.

It's really just looking at the game last night compared to all the games played, called trending. This allows you to look at the data as a whole and points out anomalies.

Our trend is at a 20+ win team for the past 3yrs, none of those games won ever hit 120pts. If I were to ask the question, what are the chances of that happening again, I would look at the whole data set. That would point to a "No". So was this the only game we will be at our best under JV? Probably, given that haven't played nowhere near that before last night.

The categories you set up are not mutually exclusive. This can be the best game we've played all year and not a fluke at the same time. Chicago is a very good team. If we play 75% of this game against the rest of the league we'll probably make the playoffs.

Your last line is the main question, what are the chances we even play 75% from here on out given that we haven't played that way for the length of the game in 3yrs.

It's really just looking at the game last night compared to all the games played, called trending. This allows you to look at the data as a whole and points out anomalies.

Our trend is at a 20+ win team for the past 3yrs, none of those games won ever hit 120pts. If I were to ask the question, what are the chances of that happening again, I would look at the whole data set. That would point to a "No". So was this the only game we will be at our best under JV? Probably, given that haven't played nowhere near that before last night.

Right and if I looked at the Thunder and saw that they only won 23 games in 08-09 and somebody asked "will this team win 50 games next year?" I'd have said no. But I'd have been wrong.

This isn't cyber security, it's basketball.

Your last line is the main question, what are the chances we even play 75% from here on out given that we haven't played that way for the length of the game in 3yrs.

We're not sure. But this isn't the same team as it was Last year. In fact, with the youth we have this won't be the same team tomorrow. They could continue to improve, they could press too much and completely forget how to play together. But the last two years have nothing to do with the future.

Cybersecurity makes so many sense. I think there should be more statiscal analysis of NBA play and trends. This notion of "cybersecurity anomaly" could be applied to so many other fields when discussing statiscal outliers.

Talking about Trending. I'm curious if JV continues to push his teams tempo. The way we pushed the ball against the bulls is how we should've been playing all year. I also wouldn't mind releasing or trying to trade Willie Green to open up a roster spot for Curry. We could use his 3pt shooting.

I have to say something positive, I love how even during the losing streak that JV is finally starting to be "bad cop" with the team now and then lately when it is needed. He doesn't need to go all SVG or Scott Skiles mode, but it's good to break a clipboard now and then (old Stan reference that's become a running joke in my home).

I've been hard on JV.

If we continue to play like this, I have it admit I was wrong with his inability to change up his gameplan to play to our strengths. I still have my questions, but I have to admit that these last two big wins have given me a little more confidence.

I've been hard on JV.

If we continue to play like this, I have it admit I was wrong with his inability to change up his gameplan to play to our strengths. I still have my questions, but I have to admit that these last two big wins have given me a little more confidence.

2 games shouldn't change your opinion; but, it should add to your thoughts the possibility that personel (ie harris) arent what they appear to be.