Years of Tragic and Magic

Jacque Vaughn Thread

42 members have voted

1. 1. Will Jacque Vaughn be fired this year?

• No, he is under contract.
    • No, he is a good coach.
    • No, he needs more players.
    • No, the Magic have always been loyal to a fault.
    • Yes, he will be the fall guy for our failures.
    • Yes, its a shame because he was a good coach.
    • Yes, he is a horrible coach.

I don't believe this is a winning season. We're just meant to suck this year because we're really not as great as we think we are. I still see a WIP.

I think it is one thing to not make the playoffs, it is a completely different thing to be playing terrible and not make the playoffs. I was expecting us to be playing much better than this, even if we still were not winning games.

I am seriously questioning whether the plan is indeed to tank for this season and grab one more piece high up the draft board. A coach can not be that thick that he does not utilize our team to what could be our strength in fast pace basketball.

We kill two birds with one stone if we finish in the bottom five and keep the Lakers out.

We kill two birds with one stone if we finish in the bottom five and keep the Lakers out.

Essentially it my be too much of an opportunity to not tank towards.

Our weakness is fast break basketball. How many successful fast breaks have we run? Not many. Mostly offensive fouls

Who's fault is this? We should be spending more time practicing finishing on the break and playing with a sense of urgency on the offensive end. No more snail ball.

Who's fault is this? We should be spending more time practicing finishing on the break and playing with a sense of urgency on the offensive end. No more snail ball.

Well, I mean, the last couple days were the first chance we've had all season to have consecutive days of practice

Well, I mean, the last couple days were the first chance we've had all season to have consecutive days of practice

It is tough for teams to have a good chance to practice, but this is not something that I feel needs practice to improve/change. I think it is all Vaughn's game plan that is preventing the team from playing the way they should. This team should not be stuck on going through half court sets the whole game. How many times have we watched the shot clock nearly expire with the ball not coming close to getting in the key? All to have the final possession end up being a bad iso. It is the tempo that needs a change, the half court sets need to be changed. We look so weak on offense when we are just passing the ball around the top of the three point line with no aggression, nor being in a position to score.

I think in the end it does come down to Vaughn, he is installing bad habits in the players and ultimately could be difficult to change.

I was listening to/watching the BS report pod on youtube today and made this for everyone to enjoy. Use in good health

2edqxsh.gif

have you got a proper link so i can listen/watch the whole thing please bro?

Found it. Simmons said we should of been the team to sneak into the East playoffs but our coach is messing it up LOL

here, it's around 25min mark where they start talking about the possibility of the pistons making the playoffs. They start thinking about who else is boderline in the east, and simmons almost chokes JV's name with disgust lol. that's really all they say about the magic.

"who else is in there? Orlando's got the... Jacque Vaugh? c'mon Jacque Vaughn. Orlando should be the team, but they're not...they...their coach is gonna ruin it."

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=XYQK3VAUN9Y#t=24m38s

2edqxsh.gif

I feel as though we will be using this a good amount on game days. I'm calling 3 posts of it next game thread.