Sign in to follow this  
Fultz4thewin

Official 2014-2015 Strapped-In Season Thread

Many of the most iconic images in NBA history revolve around picturesque jump shots. Michael Jordan hitting The Shot over Ehlo, or holding his follow through in Utah as the crowd looks on in horror. Even in fiction, Jimmy Chitwood runs the picket fence, delivering on his promise of “I’ll make it.”

Despite these indelible images, a common weakness among many top NBA prospects is the consistency of their shooting stroke. Even in the much ballyhooed 2014 draft class, there was an extreme dearth of this skill. Near the top of the question marks entering the league for seven of the top ten was their ability to make jump shots. Given the ever-increasing importance of outside shooting, this is a problem. Wings who can’t shoot had better be elite in other areas, else they run the risk of emulating the disappointing (to this point) career paths of Evan Turner or Derrick Williams.

The development of NBA-level shooting in young players has proven extremely unpredictable. For every Kyle Lowry who adds a reliable jumper several years into his career, there is a Ramon Sessions who is unable to do so. This uncertainty has lead some teams to begin “buying” shooting (at a premium) on the free agent market, instead of trying to draft or develop it internally. The Orlando Magic were notable on this front in the offseason, drafting two of the poorer shooters taken in the top ten (Aaron Gordon and Elfrid Payton), while splashing big and medium money, respectively, on Channing Frye and Ben Gordon.

http://hardwoodparox...e-is-no-secret/

williams did not have an issue with shooting. He cant defend. his shot would be ok with consistent mins. Both payton and gordon have better shots than i expected. payton just needs to actually shot. When he is open. I have been surprise with gordon's set shot. he does really struggled off the dribble and with his back to the basket. They are young and hard works. They have a good chance to improve. shooting is one of the easier things to fix.

No Frye..most likely no Victor until the regular season. But Victor is about ready to go, so you never know.

The regular season needs to start already. Both teams playing their scrubs makes it unbearable to watch - turnovers, airballs, bad plays - its like watching 2 horrible college teams.

Edit: Also, I hate Fournier.

Wow....well.

Well anyway, some players were just toxic to watch. Made my stomach turn just watching. Tobias............idk.

Kyle O'Quinn is back to normal.

The fourth quarter scoring and lineups should translate well on the box score.

I'm going to tread lightly saying this, I hope Hennigan refrains from extending Harris until next summer. It seems worth taking the chance that he could raise his stock higher, honestly he is still doing the same things wrong. I would venture to say that Mo is still our more consistent option and Gordon is our new potential option at the three. Harris should stay away from pf, he is a liability there,

On a separate note, did anyone else catch the Suns game? Bledsoe tore em up tonight. And, even though I hate LAL they completely lucked out with Randle, he was carving everyone up tonight...he moves so well with the ball for a player his size.

Preseason should be half as long. Season should start sooner. Back to backs should be eliminated.

Watching that game last night made this very obvious to me.

• Upvote 1