Sign in to follow this  
Fultz4thewin

Official 2014-2015 Strapped-In Season Thread

JV losing the team was the only reason he got canned. The Magic optimally wanted to contend for no 8 and turn the corner. Not possible and they realized that the team was going off the rails and had to fire him.

What sucks about this is that they wanted to wait until summer and they couldn't. So now they are looking at different coaches and trying to see if JB can hold this team together for a decent end of the year finish.

It's really a shame and a disservice to the players, but Rob and Co thought Jacque would have a better plan and leadership skills in year 3 and he showed no signs of that. That's really on him.

• Upvote 1

JV losing the team was the only reason he got canned. The Magic optimally wanted to contend for no 8 and turn the corner. Not possible and they realized that the team was going off the rails and had to fire him.

What sucks about this is that they wanted to wait until summer and they couldn't. So now they are looking at different coaches and trying to see if JB can hold this team together for a decent end of the year finish.

It's really a shame and a disservice to the players, but Rob and Co thought Jacque would have a better plan and leadership skills in year 3 and he showed no signs of that. That's really on him.

Couldn't have said it better myself.

I also think we as fans need to lower expectations a little as far as wins and losses. It is hard to just unlearn all of these bad habits/sour attitudes at the blink of an eye. Beating the Lakers and barely losing to the Bulls, good baby steps.

..and like was said before, it's how we wn or lose that really matters. Big difference between losing b/c of a mistake or two, as opposed to getting blown out all the time like we were, uh, last week. :)

I think Borrego will be better than JV.. hell, he already is.. but I also agree that I don't know if he's good enough, or the right guy at the right time, for this job.

I would love a coach that will STOP trying to play Dipo like he's a point guard, however. Round peg. Square hole. Not Russell Westbrook. Just stop.

That aside, we'll have to stay tuned. Worst case scenario, at least we've been given some reasons to talk about the team.

Couldn't have said it better myself.

I also think we as fans need to lower expectations a little as far as wins and losses. It is hard to just unlearn all of these bad habits/sour attitudes at the blink of an eye. Beating the Lakers and barely losing to the Bulls, good baby steps.

..and like was said before, it's how we wn or lose that really matters. Big difference between losing b/c of a mistake or two, as opposed to getting blown out all the time like we were, uh, last week. :)/>

I think Borrego will be better than JV.. hell, he already is.. but I also agree that I don't know if he's good enough, or the right guy at the right time, for this job.

I would love a coach that will STOP trying to play Dipo like he's a point guard, however. Round peg. Square hole. Not Russell Westbrook. Just stop.

That aside, we'll have to stay tuned. Worst case scenario, at least we've been given some reasons to talk about the team.

Oladipo gets to the rim. He's fine.

What's this about link is dead.

Oh. He was offering $500 for a copy of magic-jazz 3/6/06. That game the Jazz got 16 fts in the last 5 mins. Two techs were called on magic players with two seconds in the game. Jazz won by 5 points. The betting line was jazz -4, jazz -4.5 and finished jazz -5.

Donaghy was redding that game

Oh. He was offering $500 for a copy of magic-jazz 3/6/06. That game the Jazz got 16 fts in the last 5 mins. Two techs were called on magic players with two seconds in the game. Jazz won by 5 points. The betting line was jazz -4, jazz -4.5 and finished jazz -5.

He's been posting some shady looking box scores on twitter recently. There was a box score where Memphis shot one FT all game and it was on a Tech.

This stuff goes on under our noses all the time. It sucks, but it's part of sports at this point. You can't possibly deny the above.

No

Tell me why. Dipo seems to play his worst ball in the 1st quarters… trying to do far too much. And I'm still not convinced he's a good pairing with Easy's game.