Sign in to follow this  
Fultz4thewin

Official 2014-2015 Strapped-In Season Thread

So that the owners could make more money and the league itself could be more profitable.

I think with this Harris benching, the writing is on the wall for him. I know he's coming back from injury, but if your healthy enough to player in the second quarter, your healthy enough to do so in the first. There's absolutely no way you bench your "star" (basing that term off of Harris being the highest paid player on the team next year) just to shake things up. You don't bench the guy your considering giving close to max money too. Maybe he will start next game, idk. But as it stands now, it looks obvious to me what way we are leaning with Harris.

I'm always hard on Harris but at the end of the day unless we can get great return for him, I think letting him walk is a big mistake. He's still young, averages 18 and 7, has improved his shooting numbers across the board, plays with emotion, and can hit a big shot. If he had a real coach who knows how good he could be.

• Upvote 1
  • Downvote 1

Wow, Kobe's season over yet again. The Lakers should probably be regretting that new contract they gave him. He's been hobbled ever since.

I think with this Harris benching, the writing is on the wall for him. I know he's coming back from injury, but if your healthy enough to player in the second quarter, your healthy enough to do so in the first. There's absolutely no way you bench your "star" (basing that term off of Harris being the highest paid player on the team next year) just to shake things up. You don't bench the guy your considering giving close to max money too. Maybe he will start next game, idk. But as it stands now, it looks obvious to me what way we are leaning with Harris.

I'm always hard on Harris but at the end of the day unless we can get great return for him, I think letting him walk is a big mistake. He's still young, averages 18 and 7, has improved his shooting numbers across the board, plays with emotion, and can hit a big shot. If he had a real coach who knows how good he could be.

I like harris. But I think for the team to be successful we need to be a defensive priority team. I think we can get away with 1 bad defender in our starting lineup long term that means deciding between Vuc and Harris. I think it's easier to find a 6'7 guy who can score a bit and play defense than to find a legitimate starting center.

Wow, Kobe's season over yet again. The Lakers should probably be regretting that new contract they gave him. He's been hobbled ever since.

It's truly sad to see a player of that calibre go out like that. Same thing goes for Nash.

It's truly sad to see a player of that calibre go out like that. Same thing goes for Nash.

That's what happens when you push retirement back for a few years. You can't physically get back to a season's grind.

Season officially a bust and huge disappointment. I say:

1) Release Willie Green and bring up Seth Curry

2) Make a trade with someone for Ben Gordon for picks

3) Give all Frye minutes to Moe and see if he can pull his head out

4) Send JV packing and let Wes Jr. Coach the rest of the year.

I like harris. But I think for the team to be successful we need to be a defensive priority team. I think we can get away with 1 bad defender in our starting lineup long term that means deciding between Vuc and Harris. I think it's easier to find a 6'7 guy who can score a bit and play defense than to find a legitimate starting center.

I agree. If we can get good return for Harris, I'm all for it. I just don't want him walking in the off season.

• Upvote 1

I like all of these.

I do think Vaughn is losing the team. The gang seems to be hardworking, but I still don't see a clear plan from the coach. They seem to be getting more and more frustrated with him. How Vaughn keeps playing certain players and rotations is mind boggling. Ridnour and Frye might be the worst defenders I've ever seen, Marble is a ghost, etc.

1) if JV has lost the team (which is becoming more of a real possibility), we don't need to swap high character guys for more 20-something's.

2) lol would you trade draft picks for BG? Not remotely decent ones..

3) I want to see what happens if Moe gets lots of PT. I have no expectations for him, so I won't be nearly as disappointed as some on here.

4) If the atmosphere becomes at all toxic, I expect he'll be dumped quickly. If he's just a bad coach and it takes losing all year to confirm it, ...at least we get a worthwhile pick? ..again?

just my take