Sign in to follow this  
Fultz4thewin

Official 2014-2015 Strapped-In Season Thread

Good article. Probably took three journalist a couple of days to compose it and correct the data. Enjoy the sudden boost in magic relevance for now Magic fans.

Speaking of relevance, I know that Bleacher Report is hardly a shining beacon of great sports journalism but they took All Star votes/nominations of 20 or so writers who cover the NBA for their site and they voted Vuc into the All Star game starting lineup. Obviously the starting lineup is voted by the fans in reality so he definitely won't make that but this at least gives an idea of what members of the basketball media think of Vuc. Hopefully the coaches follow through.

Speaking of relevance, I know that Bleacher Report is hardly a shining beacon of great sports journalism but they took All Star votes/nominations of 20 or so writers who cover the NBA for their site and they voted Vuc into the All Star game starting lineup. Obviously the starting lineup is voted by the fans in reality so he definitely won't make that but this at least gives an idea of what members of the basketball media think of Vuc. Hopefully the coaches follow through.

Hidden notes. The only reason I could see the coaches voting vucevic out is simply out of spite.

If he's not in the starting line-up, he'll at the very least be voted in by the coaches. No way he doesn't make it with how limited the talent pool is at Center in the east (or in fact, in the league).

If he's not in the starting line-up, he'll at the very least be voted in by the coaches. No way he doesn't make it with how limited the talent pool is at Center in the east (or in fact, in the league).

Problem is they don't choose centers anymore. It's just front court and backcourt.

“I was just trying to change something,” Payton said of his adjustment. “We had been losing and you obviously can’t go into games doing the same thing and expecting different results. Picking up the ball and picking up the pace were some things that I thought could help us. All of the guys on the team thought it would be a good idea, and we’ve had some success. We have a lot of guys on this team with talent, who can put the ball in the hole. They just have to be put in the right position and if that’s by pushing the pace, that’s what we need to do.”

http://www.basketballinsiders.com/nba-pm-dont-sleep-on-magics-elfrid-payton/

I just see this not as JV "coached" the team out of their slump, but rather Payton decided that enough was enough and starting doing what everyone has been saying the Magic should do all season long (yet JV has refused to do).

After reading this article, there was no mention of Jacque Vaughn or anyone crediting him with a great gameplan. Because of this, I have to wonder how much he really has had a hand in this turnaround, or rather he is a product of a good team proving him wrong about how they need to play basketball.

Either way, I'm so excited for the future of this team.

http://www.basketballinsiders.com/nba-pm-dont-sleep-on-magics-elfrid-payton/

I just see this not as JV "coached" the team out of their slump, but rather Payton decided that enough was enough and starting doing what everyone has been saying the Magic should do all season long (yet JV has refused to do).

After reading this article, there was no mention of Jacque Vaughn or anyone crediting him with a great gameplan. Because of this, I have to wonder how much he really has had a hand in this turnaround, or rather he is a product of a good team proving him wrong about how they need to play basketball.

Either way, I'm so excited for the future of this team.

I know the JV hate is strong, but to not credit a coach for the offensive gameplan is a little extreme.

I know the JV hate is strong, but to not credit a coach for the offensive gameplan is a little extreme.

So despite everyone giving Payton credit for the turnaround, and Payton saying, "I got sick of losing and decided to change things up," you still think somehow Vaughn made the call? Don't you think something would have been said of him had his gameplan be "press the ball" and "run a transition offense" - something along the line of "Coach told me to start pressing"? But it didn't happen.

I credit him with making the gameplan NOW because it's working and getting them wins, not because he had a revelation about how to best utilize the young, athletic talent he had.