Sign in to follow this  
Fultz4thewin

Official 2014-2015 Strapped-In Season Thread

Being honest, I never really knew how important Harris could be to this team. I was delighted when the Magic got him from the Milwaukee Bucks a couple of years back and in my mind I was sure he’d bring athletic play on both ends of the court. Well, he’s done that, but he’s also doing so much more for this team.

He’s having career years in points(18.5) and rebounds (7.8) but also turnovers as well (1.9 per game). You can live with that turnover increase though because he has the ball in his hands far more often this season.

In my mind, Victor Oladipo and Nikola Vucevic were the cornerstones of this team. Oladipo was to be the twoway terror that dropped 20-5-5 while hounding opposing guards nightly. Vucevic was (and is) to be thedouble-double machine who improved defensively around the rim to become atwo-way center in the same league as Tyson Chandler in hisprime. All of the above is starting to come together, and it excites me because I feel with the right cast around those two, that’s a playoff team down the road.

But now we have Harris, quickly becoming this team’s X-factor. He kind of reminds me of Lance Stephenson in Indiana (not their games of course, they are nothing alike) in that he does what his team needs and is the third, unpredictable prong on a team that can hurt you in various ways.

http://hoopshabit.co...-tobias-harris/

Yeah. I expect his minutes to skyrocket after the all star break

What makes you say that? Do you think Vaughn is still using this as a teaching time to Victor (and his ball handling) and that Payton will be inserted to the starting line up with Fournier coming off the bench?

What makes you say that? Do you think Vaughn is still using this as a teaching time to Victor (and his ball handling) and that Payton will be inserted to the starting line up with Fournier coming off the bench?

One can only hope, but you just never really know with JV.

I'm content with the idea of Payton-Oladipo-Gordon-Harris-Vuc starting line up of the future. Was never keen on Nicholson or Harkless as long-term players (I've been arguing from the beginning with you all that Harris was much better than Harkless, though Harkless would be a terror if he could ever get coordinated enough to dribble and shoot properly).

The question is: do we think we have enough offensive fire power to beat great teams in the playoffs? Our bottom 3 are pretty poor when it comes to scoring despite their incredible athleticism. I suppose I wonder if this is enough to win a championship, even if all 5 players reach close to their ceilings.

I'm content with the idea of Payton-Oladipo-Gordon-Harris-Vuc starting line up of the future. Was never keen on Nicholson or Harkless as long-term players (I've been arguing from the beginning with you all that Harris was much better than Harkless, though Harkless would be a terror if he could ever get coordinated enough to dribble and shoot properly).

The question is: do we think we have enough offensive fire power to beat great teams in the playoffs? Our bottom 3 are pretty poor when it comes to scoring despite their incredible athleticism. I suppose I wonder if this is enough to win a championship, even if all 5 players reach close to their ceilings.

Those ceilings are all very high though... Harris is only 22 and he is putting up close to all star numbers. Oladipo is starting to show flashes of those D-Wade comparisons with the step back jumpers and aggressive acrobatic finishes at the rim. Gordon already was showing a far more polished jumper then anyone thought he had before the injury. And while Payton's jumper is bad, it's not the train wreck anyone thought it was, and everything else is so far beyond what you would expect out of a rookie it's forgivable.

The only person who doesn't seem to have much left room to grow is Vuc, and he is already one of the better centers in the east.

It's typical of all rookies to be slowly introduced to more minutes as the season progresses and coaches use the extended time during the all star break to introduce new wrinkles into their playbook and sometimes change the rotation. It's like a bye week in football.

Here's where I expect our rotation to go by years end:

Oladipo plays 16 mins at point guard; 16 mins at sg. 32 mins total

Payton plays all 32 minutes at pg

A.gordon plays 16 mins at SF, 12 mins at PF for 28 mins total

Vucevic plays 33 mins at C

Harris plays 20 mins at 3 12 mins at 4 for 32 mins total.

Fournier plays 20 minutes at 2 and 8 minutes at 3 for 28 minutes

Frye plays 12 minutes at 4 and 10 minutes at 5 for 22 minutes

O'quinn plays 12 mins at 4 and 5 mins at 5 for 17 minutes

Gordon plays 12 minutes at 2 and 4 minutes at 3 for 16 mins total

Here's where I expect our rotation to go by years end:

Oladipo plays 16 mins at point guard; 16 mins at sg. 32 mins total

Payton plays all 32 minutes at pg

A.gordon plays 16 mins at SF, 12 mins at PF for 28 mins total

Vucevic plays 33 mins at C

Harris plays 20 mins at 3 12 mins at 4 for 32 mins total.

Fournier plays 20 minutes at 2 and 8 minutes at 3 for 28 minutes

Frye plays 12 minutes at 4 and 10 minutes at 5 for 22 minutes

O'quinn plays 12 mins at 4 and 5 mins at 5 for 17 minutes

Gordon plays 12 minutes at 2 and 4 minutes at 3 for 16 mins total

i dont think i like bg at 3. he is 6'3

Great little sound bite from the Boston game, apparently we signed Ben Gordon because he had a great workout this past summer. Ben attributed it too JV feeding him the ball during his workout, said that Vaughn can still put the pass on a dime.

Maybe we can suit up JV as our backup PG.

Jokingly.

Great little sound bite from the Boston game, apparently we signed Ben Gordon because he had a great workout this past summer. Ben attributed it too JV feeding him the ball during his workout, said that Vaughn can still put the pass on a dime.

Maybe we can suit up JV as our backup PG.

Jokingly.

That would be cool if the league allowed that. A young coach like JV, Kidd, Fisher,etc. gets mad @ their team's effort and then they suit up and go in the game.