Sign in to follow this  
Fultz4thewin

Official 2014-2015 Strapped-In Season Thread

Why does everyone have to have a nickname? I will call him Payton. I'm lame. But he doesn't come across to me as a guy who cares or even wants a nickname. Not really the attention seeking type like Nick Young. Nicknames are best when they come naturally based off of a players game. "3D". Prime example.

As for the above, I like just Easy or EP. Easy P is beyond tacky.

I like EP. Gary Payton was GP and The Glove, so Elfrid can be EP for now

You can't force a nickname, you have to wait for it to present itself. If you remember how "The Warlock" came about, you know exactly what I mean.

Bears and Virgins and Marc Acres.

I like EP. Its short, smooth sounding, and the letters sorta rhyme in an unintentional uncanny manner. Easy sounds to soft when Payton is going to have to have tough battles. Swag is such a disgrace of a word that people outright mention it sarcastically just to mock its meaning. Lets not even go near that word and leave it for the white walkers.

Elf. LOTR elves were tall and majestic. They were skilled in archery and lived dark but lovely forest regions.

I don't mind elf but yes the nickname shall not be forced. It shall come.

Zach lowe discussing Aaron Gordon's usage:

5. The Positional Funkiness of Aaron Gordon

I have no idea what position Gordon plays, and that is awesome. He’s clearly a forward, but sometimes he guards wing players — even as the opposing power forward defends him on the other end. He and Tobias Harris can freely switch assignments on defense.

Gordon’s ability to defend wings from the nominal power forward spot allows the Magic to do interesting things against stretch power forwards. Gordon defended Joe Johnson for parts of Sunday’s game in Brooklyn, and the Magic in turn shifted a wing player, Willie Green, onto Brooklyn’s power forward, the sweet-shooting Mirza Teletovic.

Teletovic thrives when pick-and-popping against lugs, but he had a harder time shedding Green. This is something to watch with Teletovic, Ryan Anderson, Ersan Ilyasova, and other stretch 4s: The league is getting smarter about guarding these guys.

http://grantland.com/the-triangle/taking-the-nbas-temperature-clearing-up-some-big-picture-questions/

What Zach is saying is exactly why I was excited about the Magic drafting Gordon. The guy can guard anyone and essentially take them out of the game. He is 19. That's not normal.

Miha (Montenegro)

What do you think of Nik Vucevic and his strong performances for Orlando? Can he lead this Magic team to playoffs in the near future?

Michael Wallace (2:12 PM)

I like the way Nik has developed over the past two years in Orlando. He's blossomed offensively there. I think he needs to get better in two areas before the Magic take that next step, though. He's got to defend better in the post and get to the free throw line far more than the rate he's getting there now. The Magic are two years, probably, away from pushing their way back into legit contention as a playoff team.

http://espn.go.com/s...michael-wallace

Free throws are my biggest concern for Nik. He shoots less free throws than guys who only play 15-20 mins a night. Admittedly he does get some blatant no calls on him though.

Looks like Patrick Patterson was Rob's first choice, but he settled for Frye when Patterson turned him down.

Makes sense. Younger and does similar things.

Kawhi Leonard Expects To Remain With Spurs For 'Whole Life'

The Spurs' motivation for waiting on Leonard's extension is to pursue free agents should Tim Duncan retire.

"I was never upset about (the extension)," Leonard said. "I mean they explained to me what their deal is and why they didn't do it yet. That'll play out. I'm just here to play basketball and have fun and try to win another championship. If I think about that, then I'm not going to be the same player that I am and will be just out of it.

Leonard expects to remains with the Spurs.

"I don't think I'm going anywhere," Leonard said. "I mean they love me here. I like the organization, and if it was up to me, I want to finish out with one team like a lot of great players have done, to stay with one organization their whole career and just be loyal to that. You never know. We'll see what happens next summer, but I'm pretty sure I'll be in a Spurs jersey for my whole life."

http://basketball.realgm.com/wiretap/235513/Kawhi-Leonard-Expects-To-Remain-With-Spurs-For-Whole-Life

:svgsad: