Sign in to follow this  
Fultz4thewin

Official 2014-2015 Strapped-In Season Thread

How long do we wait to judge the picks -3 years? By then no one will care about judging them and it will be about the other new guys.

Apologies. What I mean is it's too early to judge the long-term fate or even right order of the picks. My comment was directed at my man Murphy.

Apologies. What I mean is it's too early to judge the long-term fate or even right order of the picks. My comment was directed at my man Murphy.

I hear you. Its just the new NBA. Really, the world in general. Judging drafts down the road is what makes sense, but is rarely done anymore. These guys start putting up numbers sooner and you get an idea of what they can do in the first 2 years, even though it is still a little unfair to the player.

That's not true...up until his complete demise this year we still judged Hark. We gave him time and still cared as we also evaluated the other new guys(Payton/Gordon).

Right but I am speaking of the entire draft in general, Comparing our guys at their positions to guys we could have had..etc.

And we didn't draft Harkless, so really the focus there would be Nicholson - who I think shows some signs of being an NBA rotation PF.

I still like him at that pick of the Magic. Sullinger just gets hurt too much.

Right but I am speaking of the entire draft in general, Comparing our guys at their positions to guys we could have had..etc.

And we didn't draft Harkless, so really the focus there would be Nicholson - who I think shows some signs of being an NBA rotation PF.

I still like him at that pick of the Magic. Sullinger just gets hurt too much.

Draymond Green is someone we could of had, he went number 35

Shame Terrence Jones went 1 pick before Nicholson also at 18.

Draymond Green is someone we could of had, he went number 35

Shame Terrence Jones went 1 pick before Nicholson also at 18.

Draymond Green is referenced a lot. There were always be a guy who goes late that ends up being better than guys above him. It's very hard to fault Rob for that one, unless you want to also fault teams like SA who had a shot at him as well.

Every team with a first round pick had a shot at Green and none took him. So I can't really look at Rob and say he missed there.

The way I look at AG & Payton is that I keep in mind that they ARE so young, and are already showing what they are. To me, for their rookie years, I'm thrilled and look forward to them developing.

I judge Oladipo a little more harshly, he's been around a year longer and was also a higher pick (should have been number one, thanks Cleveland!).