Sign in to follow this  
A Better DJ & Photographer

During the dead time before training camp let's get to know each other!

I'm Mark. I'm 24 and I'm pharmacist working in Gainesville, currently completing my residency at the local hospital.

I lived in Orlando my entire life until I left for college. I have memories of Magic games dating back to when I was 5 -- my dad and I would watch games on the couch and I'd always fall asleep before the 4th quarter. The Magic and basketball in general have always been, as ridiculous as this sounds, two of the most important things in my life. I love this team and I love to play, watch, and talk about basketball.

My hope is to move back to the Orlando area after I finish the residency year and buy season tickets. I'm extremely excited about the direction of the team, and in particular, Oladipo.

Great thread idea.

Go Magic.

• Upvote 1

I'm Sam. 31 years old film maker with wonderful wife and 2 month old son. I was born in Puerto Rico. Raised in and still live in Orlando since I was four .. Which is about the time the expansion franchise came on the scene. Neither of my parents were sports fans so somehow I caught the Orlando Magic buzz from some other avenue. My favorite player was Scott Smiles until Shaq cane around. So Shaq became my favorite player and I really looked up to him as a kid. Had my first wakeup call when he went to LA. I cried for days... Even ripped up a signed poster I had in my room that my dad had gotten me just a few days before the infamous Laker signing. Anyway, I'm excited for where we are now and about our young guys. Here's to a fun Magical year!

• Upvote 1

I'm Stephan, 34, born and raised in Germany as you might probably know. I'm currently working for the German Army (Luftwaffe) and have two wonderful kids (11 and 6).

I cannot tell you how hard it is to be a basketball-fan in Germany, since everything is connected to Football (soccer). I am following the NBA since 1993 (I think the Dream Team had a great influnece on me) and picked the Orlando Magic as my favourite. I've accumulated about 30 trips to Florida to be able to watch my Magic live.

My All-time favourite player is probably Horace Grant (had the chance to see him a couple of times).

So, again, sorry for my poor English, I would love to express myself in a different way.

I thought basketball would be huge there, with Chris Kaman playing for your national team....

Been a long time since we had a yearbook post - I'm game.

I'm Mike, I'm 39, I was born in Mississippi in '75 but as a military brat moved on from there. From Mississippi to Arkansas to DC to Florida...

Ft. Walton Beach is really where my first memories were. I was 2-3 years old for that time and all I really remember is tooling around on my big wheel and the trips to the beach. Great times.

Then it was off to Kansas, Turkey (right after the fall of the Shah in Iran - good times), Germany (while it was still two countries - left right before the Wall came down), DC again, Alaska, Montana, Texas, Hawai'i, Washington, Colorado, and back to Washington.

With the exception of that seven-month stint in Colorado, I've spent the last 15 years in and around Seattle.

I got into basketball somewhere around my sophomore year in High School. My dad, despite being 6'4, was a Georgia boy and more of a fan of wrestling and football than basketball. As a result, I was nudged towards football and various martial arts, and never really saw the point of basketball.

But when I discovered it, I found out that I had pretty good eye-hand coordination and all that martial arts training made me a pretty good defender. I had a natural rainbow shot which was pretty nice and, since all my friends were Bulls fans, remembering back to that time in Florida, I decided that Florida getting two expansion teams was a sign. Since I wanted to be an animator at Disney, I went with the Magic in '89 and have been loyal ever since.

And here I am.

I work as an accountant, but my love is art and I do a lot of commissions on the side. Accounting pays pretty well, so it gives me enough disposable income to make art for friends and family. Good stuff.

23, Brazillian descent, model and actress. I love the Magic because I grew up in Orlando. I think they are going to be amazing this year!

You are the "girl" that catfished Cutestory, correct? God that was awesome.

I am a huge fan of Terry Catledge. Why? I ball boyed for the Magic as a kid and he was very nice to me. It has how I met many friends who still work with the Magic or do basketball related jobs to this day.

I personally do not work for the Magic and mainly spend my time downtown doing shots.

• Upvote 1

I'm 25 years old.

For some reason I've always pictured you quite a bit older. eeerrmmmm not that I picture you often or anything.

Anyways....

Im Orlando. Currently reside in Las Vegas. I'm a military brat and became a Magic fan around 5th grade while my dad was stationed at Eglin Air Force base in northern Florida. I can remember sitting around the TV with my mother and father while my dad and I watched the game for the sport my mom watched it for her love of Penny Hardaway. Still havent seen my first live magic game but heres to hoping I make it to one this upcoming season!

• Upvote 1

I'm not used to sarcasm! ;)/>

Hahaha... well you did very well on that one, though it may have been a little too obvious using Kaman in a sentence could never be serious. Although Andray Blatche being a filipino tops that.