Sign in to follow this  
magicblue

Is "really good" good enough?

Sure, theoretically that works, but my concern is that I don't think we have a starting 5 of borderline all-stars, or "really good" players, future or otherwise.

May as well stop watching then and root for another team.

Sure, theoretically that works, but my concern is that I don't think we have a starting 5 of borderline all-stars, or "really good" players, future or otherwise.

Dipo, Payton, Vuc, Harris, and Gordon all have the ability to be very good players to borderline All-Stars in my opinion. One or more could actually become All-Stars, possibly even perennial A-S's. If I had to guess who, my money would be on Payton. I think he's gonna be a great two-way PG and may even lead the league in assists at some point.

The more I think about it, the more excited I get about Oladipo and Tobias going to the Select team. Looking at the players on it now, this is going to be a great opportunity for them to improve and gain some recognition. Knowing the kind of hard workers these guys are makes me confident that they won't waste any opportunities.

May as well stop watching then and root for another team.

Why would I do that?

Just because my team is in a down phase and I don't think they are making the proper moves to improve doesn't mean I give up on them. I stick through my team through good and bad.

This is such a **** ass response to anyone who doesn't blindly agree with the moves being made by the front office. Just because you disagree with the moves doesn't mean you're not a fan.

Dipo, Payton, Vuc, Harris, and Gordon all have the ability to be very good players to borderline All-Stars in my opinion. One or more could actually become All-Stars, possibly even perennial A-S's. If I had to guess who, my money would be on Payton. I think he's gonna be a great two-way PG and may even lead the league in assists at some point.

I sure hope you're right.

• Upvote 1

Are the Magic really great to match up with the entire league is my concern. This is San Ans strength and this is the major concern. We've had matchup* issues and* problems in the past that* prevented us from reaching the finals. Especially that infamous Detroit team that we never got past. It was a major issue.

Detroit was just flat out better at that point.

Why would I do that?

Just because my team is in a down phase and I don't think they are making the proper moves to improve doesn't mean I give up on them. I stick through my team through good and bad.

This is such a **** ass response to anyone who doesn't blindly agree with the moves being made by the front office. Just because you disagree with the moves doesn't mean you're not a fan.

I sure hope you're right.

No a **** response is saying none of our players will even be "very good" and "arent making the proper moves" in the middle of July. Thats just the most short sided negative thing you could say if you claim to be an actual fan of the team or the NBA in general.

No a **** response is saying none of our players will even be "very good" and "arent making the proper moves" in the middle of July. Thats just the most short sided negative thing you could say if you claim to be an actual fan of the team or the NBA in general.

Are you forgetting that we've already had two terrible years? Some of us don't see a light at the end of that tunnel.

Are you forgetting that we've already had two terrible years? Some of us don't see a light at the end of that tunnel.

Did you see a light at the end of the tunnel when we had GHill's contract, he wasn't playing, our team could not afford to sign any Free Agents and we lost Tmac for Houstons scrubs and bottomed out to the #1 pick?

Because this is a much better situation then that.

Tons of cap space, lots of young talent. Not sure how anyone can't see the light unless they are casual fans who need to see multiple stars on a team at all times to feel good about it's direction.

Rebuilding is a long process if you want a team that can sustain itself after the rebuild is over. Just how it is.

Did you see a light at the end of the tunnel when we had GHill's contract, he wasn't playing, our team could not afford to sign any Free Agents and we lost Tmac for Houstons scrubs and bottomed out to the #1 pick?

Because this is a much better situation then that.

Tons of cap space, lots of young talent. Not sure how anyone can't see the light unless they are casual fans who need to see multiple stars on a team at all times to feel good about it's direction.

Rebuilding is a long process if you want a team that can sustain itself after the rebuild is over. Just how it is.

Big difference between needing to see multiple stars on a team at all times and being bottom dwellers. There is some room between those two extremes.

In any event, I agree that rebuilding is a process. The difference of opinion here is whether the current process will be successful. Just being in a rebuilding mode is no guarantee of future success. Personally, I hope you're right, and that we start to see this team making some strides during the upcoming season.

Big difference between needing to see multiple stars on a team at all times and being bottom dwellers. There is some room between those two extremes.

In any event, I agree that rebuilding is a process. The difference of opinion here is whether the current process will be successful. Just being in a rebuilding mode is no guarantee of future success. Personally, I hope you're right, and that we start to see this team making some strides during the upcoming season.

My main point is we all just need to watch the team play this upcoming season before firing up the pitchforks on Rob.

The worst thing ever is when you have posters just bleating negativity over and over all summer and then hopping on the bandwagon a few months later.

Im not going to predict world titles and banners next season, but I think we are going to have a much more enjoyable team to watch that everyone will feel very positive about compared to the last 2 years.

My main point is we all just need to watch the team play this upcoming season before firing up the pitchforks on Rob.

The worst thing ever is when you have posters just bleating negativity over and over all summer and then hopping on the bandwagon a few months later.

Im not going to predict world titles and banners next season, but I think we are going to have a much more enjoyable team to watch that everyone will feel very positive about compared to the last 2 years.

Fair enough. Perhaps this belongs in another thread but what benchmarks would you set for the team next season to see if its making progress or not?

Before I post I have to say I loved Jameer. That being said some of my benchmarks for improving will be:

1- not walking the ball up the court allowing the defense to get set most of the time

2- not seeing our PG jump into the air and hoping he can see someone to throw the ball to before he lands

3- not seeing young, quick PGs blowing past our own PG like he was frozen

4.- seeing any and every member of our team being able to get out and put pressure on 3pt shooters