CTMagicUK

Official 2015 Draft Thread

Ok, well my position is clear on Tobias. The people that are saying how awesome he is on offense are the same people who knocked MCW for putting up great #'s in Philly-saying the production was meaningless. There is really no point in arguing with people who don't understand that any stat can be conjured up to fit an argument. He isn't that good, period. He hasn't improved over the last three years apart from developing a somewhat consistent corner shot, period. The 'cap' isn't going to make a 15 million dollar man out of a sixth man on a responsibly run team, period. I wish him the best-especially if he's part of our team, period. I am very happy with this draft, period. Go Magic.

Im trying to see one thing that you wrote that is close to being correct in this post, and i cant do it.

This is such laughable ignorance that saying "he really isnt that good, period" is apt for a post of this caliber, and reads as such:

"People posted actual stats and numbers that refuted any semblance of a point i made, and instead of making any counter argument with validity, i will simply say that any stat can be 'conjured up' and now ill take my toys and go home"

Just curius how stats are conjured up. Let me know so i can start my own agency and rake in easy money.

you are so wrong on many levels

people hated on MCW because he had horrible efficiency and bad advanced stats

tobes is way way more efficient and has good analytics

very bad comparison

According to murphy, these stats are not real since they invalidate his opinion.

The MCW comparison is one of the worst things ever posted here, and thats pretty amazing considering the stuff ball junkie fires off.

• Upvote 3

We shall see, I brought stats more than once supporting my position, I've taken the cautious approach, time will tell. Go Magic.

We can argue all night and day, guys. In the end, Rob and his team will do their research for both advanced statistics and projections on future contracts from the rest of our team and will decide whether Tobias is a good investment. I have confidence in this staff to do their due diligence in making a decision.

I think they wanted to move favors and I think they'd appreciate Frye next to gobert more than we do. Plus I'd throw in the Lakers pick and maybe more if that's what it would take

No way you throw in the Lakers pick...with Kobe retiring and them being as mismanaged as they are the wheels could be off that team for some time. Im not sure the NBA will "allow" that but injuries happen and high picks fail. That pick has the potential to be gold in a time we could be very good which could push us to the top. Favors is a decent player but we can get someone like that a myriad of ways without unloading the Lakers pick.

No way you throw in the Lakers pick...with Kobe retiring and them being as mismanaged as they are the wheels could be off that team for some time. Im not sure the NBA will "allow" that but injuries happen and high picks fail. That pick has the potential to be gold in a time we could be very good which could push us to the top. Favors is a decent player but we can get someone like that a myriad of ways without unloading the Lakers pick.

I understand that, but from a present value standpoint a 2018 (at the earliest) pick doesn't really matter much today. Plus, it's very unlikely that the Lakers will be a bottom rung team for 5 straight years.

We can argue all night and day, guys. In the end, Rob and his team will do their research for both advanced statistics and projections on future contracts from the rest of our team and will decide whether Tobias is a good investment. I have confidence in this staff to do their due diligence in making a decision.

Yes agree 100%

Tyler Harvey live on SC coming up

Can you bullet what he said? Thats interesting.

Yes agree 100%

Can you bullet what he said? Thats interesting.

yes, coming on next

Awesome, I put it on - watching now.

Ran into Elf last night - few observations: Dude is tall as hell for a PG. Ive stood next to Jameer and Elf is massive in comparison. Its crazy to imagine this guy is a PG. He can easily guard SGs, and I am sure that will continue. Ive stood next to Victor as well and Elf has more "presence" in terms of height if that makes any sense.

He also has excellent taste in women.