CTMagicUK

Official 2015 Draft Thread

LA DOESN'T HAVE ANYMORE KEY PLAYERS OR DRAFT PICKS

You're trying to force a way to get cousins on LA but there's no other value they can add if they're already providing everything.

And if Vucevic holds more value to Sacramento than the number 2 pick then we can easily form an offer that beats Randle and Clarkson.

And if we don't want cousins we can easily flip him for a better offer than a single number 2 pick.

Love on a single year deal got a number one overall, a former number one pick in Bennett, a future first round pick, and a trade exception. Love is on a one year deal

You think Vucevic, randle, and Clarkson is enough to get cousins?

I love that you are so assured of yourself that even though it has been documented by multiple writers that this scenario is being discussed, you don't think it should be.

again - NOBODY KNOWS ALL THE PLAYERS BEING DISCUSSED. That is for all 3 teams. Not just LA.

I am attached to the Magic for life and have been since the beginning. BUT Payton in my mind is Untouchable. He has the mindset and point guard mentality that I have been waiting on forever and if we give up on him after one year, I may not watch basketball for a long time.

I really like the guys on our team. Vuc, Payton, Oladipo, Gordon... But I'm really starting to see how 1 dimensional a lot of our players are. Payton can't score. Vuc is such a liability on defense. If we can't score and we can't play defense, we can't win. I think we need to get a good wing scorer and a big who can stretch the floor AND play defense, or this team is never going to get it together. If we have to trade someone like Vuc or Payton to make that happen, then it's unfortunate. But we need to start winning again. And there are gaping flaws in this team.

I love that you are so assured of yourself that even though it has been documented by multiple writers that this scenario is being discussed, you don't think it should be.

again - NOBODY KNOWS ALL THE PLAYERS BEING DISCUSSED. That is for all 3 teams. Not just LA.

Ok, explain to me what other value LA can provide to get more pieces.

Look, this deal is great for us but it makes no sense for Sacramento because there is no need for these artificial limitations that require LA to get cousins. Many smart basketball people find this deal laughable because LA doesn't have the chips to get cousins nor the additional value to bring in a third team.

Hi Board,

Newbie here. Who does everyone think we SHOULD draft and who does everyone think we WILL draft?

Lots of rumors it seems, doubt anything comes of it.

Welcome

I think most of us (excluding the UK homers) would be happy with Porzingas, Hezonja or Winslow.

All would be a good fit on our team and have potential to be stars.

Ok, explain to me what other value LA can provide to get more pieces.

Forget "value".

What other pieces can they add, period? They can't trade a 1st until like 2020, and they only have like 4-5 players they're even allowed to trade at this point.

And one of them is Nick Young!

I really like the guys on our team. Vuc, Payton, Oladipo, Gordon... But I'm really starting to see how 1 dimensional a lot of our players are. Payton can't score. Vuc is such a liability on defense. If we can't score and we can't play defense, we can't win. I think we need to get a good wing scorer and a big who can stretch the floor AND play defense, or this team is never going to get it together. If we have to trade someone like Vuc or Payton to make that happen, then it's unfortunate. But we need to start winning again. And there are gaping flaws in this team.

This idea that Payton cant score is overblown. The guy is still learning. He went from a mid major to starting PG in the NBA. He did a damn good job and got better and better as the year went on. His scoring got better as well. He may never be a 20 point avg. scorer, but I am pretty confident if we get some shooters on this team, he will be a top 3 assist guy. And more and more triple doubles. What more do you want from a point guard?

David Alarcon: Celtics trying to acquire the Hornets’ No. 9 pick. Jared Sullinger removes all references to Boston in his Twitter account, follows the Hornets’ account.

Hi Board,

Newbie here. Who does everyone think we SHOULD draft and who does everyone think we WILL draft?

Lots of rumors it seems, doubt anything comes of it.

Best thing to do: Skim the Board. Most are fine with any combination of players outside of WCS. This is a deep draft and there are ups & downs to each player in the 4-10 range.

This idea that Payton cant score is overblown. The guy is still learning. He went from a mid major to starting PG in the NBA. He did a damn good job and got better and better as the year went on. His scoring got better as well. He may never be a 20 point avg. scorer, but I am pretty confident if we get some shooters on this team, he will be a top 3 assist guy. And more and more triple doubles. What more do you want from a point guard?

Look, I love pass first point guards. And I wasn't trying to say it's specifically Payton that we need to trade. But the reality is this team can't shoot, and we need a couple people who can if Payton and the other guys who can't shoot ever want to make it to the basket to score. I'd love to see these guys develop into lights out shooters, but let's be realistic. Oladipo is the only one showing signs of that potential. I'm just saying, I think at this point Henny probably doesn't see anyone on this team as "untradable" at this point. We've got pieces, but they're one dimensional. If there's a team out there that thinks they need that one dimension to put them over the edge, and is willing to offer something we need, then I think he pulls the trigger. And I don't blame him.