CTMagicUK

Official 2015 Draft Thread

I can easily understand the division in our FO over this decision. Do you take the defensive player, who is athletically gifted, with a strong work ethic and FITS the mold of the other drafted players on the team or the athletic, offensive 7-foot player with gobs of potential, strong work ethic, and ability to really complement the weaknesses on the roster? Stick with the formula or take a chance?

1 more Friday until we see our newest piece of the puzzle...

Lets just draft this kid. He's only 13 and has plenty of time to add to his thin frame. He's already got two inches on Porzingis too. :gold_cup:/>

I know it's all hype and what not, but I'm beginning to think it's a stretch that Porz will even be there for us at 5. I will say he's jumped WCS for me. Just brings more to the table. Still plenty of risk and question marks with him but if he can just become descent on the defensive end of the court he will be leaps and bounds better than WCS.

Winslow

Mario

Porz

Johnson

WCS

• Upvote 1

You mean scouts and people actually attending the workouts?

I love how people think the guy can't possibly be good because he is from Europe.

If anything isn't it the opposite?

European players get all the hype and the fact of the matter is they tend to bust far more than come close to meeting expectations and comparisons. I mean 2 of the most hyped players in this draft (Porz and Mario) are European and plenty of people think those guys can be good.

still Mario or Mudiay for me so I know I'm going to be disappointed

Mudiay is right there for me. I just don't think he will be available and nor do I think we will draft him. Mario I would be really surprised if we drafted at this point. So yea you're probably going to be disappointed LOL.

If anything isn't it the opposite?

European players get all the hype and the fact of the matter is they tend to bust far more than come close to meeting expectations and comparisons. I mean 2 of the most hyped players in this draft (Porz and Mario) are European and plenty of people think those guys can be good.

No I mean the fan skepticism mainly.

Fans doubt,scouts love..but one thing is happening - the euro prospects are translating to the NBA a lot better than 10 years ago.

Mudiay is right there for me. I just don't think he will be available and nor do I think we will draft him. Mario I would be really surprised if we drafted at this point. So yea you're probably going to be disappointed LOL.

Mudiay traded for a vet and pick 7-10 so we can get Stanley could happen.

the porizingis video is not that surprising, nobody doubts his ability to shoot. it's everything else that are the concerns.

winslow for the magic would be a mediocre pick. another undersized player who is not a good shooter, you can't build a team like this

imagine a lineup of dedmon/gordon/winslow/dipo/payton all on the floor together, orlando would only be able to score on dunks.

You aren't putting any thought into this if you just look at Winslow and say he is undersized and is not a good shooter. Thats just pure laziness because his numbers say the exact opposite and the guys game is above the rim. Again, he guarded PF's in college.

Also the Porzingis workout video is extremely impressive. This guy definitely has the highest ceiling of anyone in the draft and if the Magic want to roll the dice on a guy who could be a star this is the guy.

He fits next to Vuc because most teams run small lineups now so he can guard that smaller 4. He has the speed to do that and also can cover the floor for help D which is where he is going to probably be getting a lot of blocked shots. This guy gets up off the ground and is fast If you watch these workouts just to see if a guy can shoot, you are doing it wrong.

Winslow shot 40% from 3 and you say he cant shoot. Come on. Get real.

that's misleading

i posted a shot chart here the other day documenting how he only shoots well from the left side 3, every other spot of the court is average to poor

I know it's all hype and what not, but I'm beginning to think it's a stretch that Porz will even be there for us at 5. I will say he's jumped WCS for me. Just brings more to the table. Still plenty of risk and question marks with him but if he can just become descent on the defensive end of the court he will be leaps and bounds better than WCS.

Winslow

Mario

Porz

Johnson

WCS

philly i think is the only other team that would take porzingis

i just cant see phil jackson picking someone that could be a few years from making an impact

You aren't putting any thought into this if you just look at Winslow and say he is undersized and is not a good shooter. Thats just pure laziness because his numbers say the exact opposite and the guys game is above the rim. Again, he guarded PF's in college.

Also the Porzingis workout video is extremely impressive. This guy definitely has the highest ceiling of anyone in the draft and if the Magic want to roll the dice on a guy who could be a star this is the guy.

He fits next to Vuc because most teams run small lineups now so he can guard that smaller 4. He has the speed to do that and also can cover the floor for help D which is where he is going to probably be getting a lot of blocked shots. This guy gets up off the ground and is fast If you watch these workouts just to see if a guy can shoot, you are doing it wrong.

it's not lazy at all, i've actually researched winslow and he is not a good shooter. he shoots good from ONE spot on the floor and in the NBA everyone is going to know that.

he guarded PF's in college.....great, this is the NBA sure against some matchups depending on the team he could do it in the NBA, but citing GS as an example is just weird because they have a balanced roster. the magic have no such thing, the magic have a team high on athleticism but low on skill amongst the youth, and the most skilled one which is tobias harris, many magic fans want gone for some bizarre reason