CTMagicUK

Official 2015 Draft Thread

Yeah, I'm starting to think its 1a. Winslow, 1b. WCS for us

FWIW:

Sources close to the thought process in New York say Winslow is firmly in the mix with the fourth pick, but not at the top of their board. Winslow is also firmly in the mix with Orlando with the fifth pick, but also not at the top of their board.

http://www.basketballinsiders.com/nba-am-time-to-break-up-the-nets/

Exactly. Rob & Co. dgaf what analysts say or where Mocks have players where. Our FO will workout and draft who they feel is the best talent for this team. Also why I wouldn't be surprised to see Turner go #5.

I would, simply because Rob seems to draft good defensive players. I said forever ago that Turner looked like a bigger Nicholson to me (long, but super awkward, with no vert and slow feet) and I still feel that way. If that is the pick, I would actually be very intrigued, because if Rob thought someone with his physical profile could pan out, I'd trust him.

I think if we don't take the usual suspects (Winslow, WCS, or either of the Euros) Stanley Johnson will shock everyone. He can shoot, defend multiple positions (maybe 2-4?) and has an incrediblly powerful body.

• Upvote 1

Mario reminds me of JR Smith.

Nah. Mario is a good facilitator when need to be and has pg like skills. Smith is just an chucker who's streaky.

Nah. Mario is a good facilitator when need to be and has pg like skills. Smith is just an chucker who's streaky.

The only difference between the two is we know Smith makes dumb decisions and has a low bball iq. We hope Hezonja didn't have those issues.

But the only difference between a chucker and a heat check guy is a chucker has a negative connotation.

Well of course. Towns and Russell should be at the top of everyones board.

I was going to post the same thing.

Its such a cop out to publish what they wrote. They don't have any sources with Orlando info and are covering for that fact by adding the "big board" disclaimer.

I've gone back and forth personally between Winslow, Mario and Stanley since this begin, but have been riding the Mario wagon for around 6 weeks now.

As much as I like Mario's skill set a whole lot I am still having trouble seeing him fit in with Skiles and Co. I just don't know if a guy's attitude magically changes. It's just tough to see him as a culture fit.

Additionally, Im really thinking the Magic may like Stanley Johnson a lot more than they let on. A few reasons :

His size

His shooting

He projects to be a 2 way player

Pipeline - The Magic have familiarity with the Arizona coaching staff and their system

If I had to make a Magic board based on who they want at 5, it would probably be like this :

1. Winslow

2. Johnson

3. Mudiay

4.Porzingis

5. WCS

6. Mario

I list Mudiay 3rd because I do not believe the Magic would keep him. I think they would trade back for Johnson.

I can easily see the Magic doing a draft and trade back for Johnson if they can't get Winslow since that would mean Mudiay falls to them.

Best case for the Magic is the top 4 goes as planned and Winslow is there at 5.

I've gone back and forth personally between Winslow, Mario and Stanley since this begin, but have been riding the Mario wagon for around 6 weeks now.

As much as I like Mario's skill set a whole lot I am still having trouble seeing him fit in with Skiles and Co. I just don't know if a guy's attitude magically changes. It's just tough to see him as a culture fit.

Additionally, Im really thinking the Magic may like Stanley Johnson a lot more than they let on. A few reasons :

His size

His shooting

He projects to be a 2 way player

Pipeline - The Magic have familiarity with the Arizona coaching staff and their system

If I had to make a Magic board based on who they want at 5, it would probably be like this :

1. Winslow

2. Johnson

3. Mudiay

4.Porzingis

5. WCS

6. Mario

I list Mudiay 3rd because I do not believe the Magic would keep him. I think they would trade back for Johnson.

I can easily see the Magic doing a draft and trade back for Johnson if they can't get Winslow since that would mean Mudiay falls to them.

Best case for the Magic is the top 4 goes as planned and Winslow is there at 5.

I hope it's not Johnson. I see our team missing an star player. Sure, outside of Russell and Towns, the potential for that dwindles and it's not like those two are locks anyways. I'm sure you can make ( and will) an argument on why Winslow COULD become one, but at worse he's an solid starter. Because he can score enough and d up, he'll go high.

Our team, I see a lot of B type players ( with potential to go to A possibly) and even though Mario is potential as well, watching his skills offensively, I am really hoping Rob sees an consistent offensive beast, potentially because I think we need that...On top of defense and experience.

The attitude? It just sounds like he wants to win or at least compete. Hell, maybe Skiles likes that in him. That might even be a match made in heaven. It also could be overkill and everything explodes but I rather not look at it like that.

The comps that SCHOENE (Pelton's projection system) made for Mudiay (Derrick Rose, John Wall and Jrue Holiday) all suggest that he's going to be a stud. After watching him for myself in a workout on Friday, I believe it to be true.

While I think Towns is the best prospect in this draft, Mudiay is the next most intriguing physical prospect. He does incredible things for a player his size. And as far as the experience in China? Mudiay has developed both physically and mentally in ways that will be hard for the other top players in the draft to match.

As for the other things -- ballhandling, quickness and creativity -- Mudiay has it. He's going to impress the Lakers, Knicks, Sixers and Timberwolves in workouts. He'll impress them to the point they'll all seriously rethink where he is right now on their boards.

"He's so impressive," trainer Joe Abunassar said after the workout. He compares Mudiay to a young Chauncey Billups or Baron Davis. "I've been doing this for a lot of years. So many of the kids we train don't know how to work. You have to push, push, push. Emmanuel, from day one, knew how to work. He knows how to prepare. He wants to get better. He already acts and carries himself like a pro. The maturity is incredible. You forget he's 19. You don't see that every day. And you especially don't see that when you factor in his physical tools."

http://espn.go.com/n...-1-overall-pick