CTMagicUK

Official 2015 Draft Thread

I honestly think AG is a longshot to be a good NBA starter.

Me too.

And Payton, as much as we like him, is going to have problems long term if he's not able to develop a shot.

This stuff that if Rob drafts someone, he must be terrific, is absurd at this point.

Me too.

And Payton, as much as we like him, is going to have problems long term if he's not able to develop a shot.

This stuff that if Rob drafts someone, he must be terrific, is absurd at this point.

Rondo never developed a shot and he can still control a game at times

Great articles on this site with numbers and analysis -

http://hoopsanalyst.com/?p=1437

This one is focused on the Mudiay and Russell but he has articles on Porzingis and Mario as well.

They are very well thought out. He doesn't like Mario as a two way player and doesn't see him as a top 5 pick. He also is not a huge fan of Porzingis and puts up some very good numbers to show why.

He does have a really nice article on Winslow that shows this guy could be a star at SF.

http://hoopsanalyst.com/?p=1433

Winslow's shooting % the second half of the season was insane good.If he can do this in the NBA he could definitely become a 2 way player for us.

I know he fits the team culture to a T.

But I'd suggest reading about Mudiay too. His analysis on him is solid and the Magic could have a real tough decision there. If the Knicks take Winslow and pass on Mudiay, things could be real interesting.

Me too.

Both those guys have lots to work on but there's nothing that says they can't improve on their weaknesses. It's too early to say definitively either way or to be overly concerned long-term at this stage. If we don't see some improvement this year then we might start having some concerns, but not now...at least not as far as I'm concerned.

Me too.

Robis a great evaluator of talent and also follows a different mindset than you and other posters here do. He believes that shooting is the skill that can be developed and improved the most. It is a common thought in the NBA, especially when you look at guys like Demar Derozoan and Kawai Leonard, two abysmal shooters in college who are now legit star wings.

To say Payton will have problems if he's not able to develop a shot is obvious. The Magic knew this before taking these guys.

Give me WCS. Guy is an athletic freak that works hard and at least gives us a guy to perfectly match Vuc down low. Winslow is too short and Mario's attitude isn't worth it.

• Upvote 1

Give me WCS. Guy is an athletic freak that works hard and at least gives us a guy to perfectly match Vuc down low. Winslow is too short and Mario's attitude isn't worth it.

too short argument is weak. Kid is a baller.

Porzingis and Frye would be the worst front court defense of all time, but on offense would be glorious and fun as hell to watch.

Do not watch the Rusell workout video unless you want to be really sad that we are not going to get him in the draft.

Yea I'm really becoming jealous of Philly quickly. I'm sorry but Russell is so perfect there and if Embid just ends up being a good role player they're looking really nice.

They're not done wheeling and dealing obviously, but a core of Russell/Noel/Embid is nasty. Throw in Saric when he comes and a top 5 pick next year, Philly may get the last laugh.

too short argument is weak. Kid is a baller.

Yeah its his main weakness, but every player has warts. His wingspan is pretty good though - 6'10. His standing reach is 8'8.5, which is 4 inches more than Oladipo.

Sizewise, he is not too much bigger than Oladipo, but he should be fine at SF.

I don't think Winslow is to small at all. He's like an inch undersized compared to a lot of SF's, but he has the ability to play the 2 and 3. Much like AG has the ability to play the 3 and 4, and Harris the 3 and 4 and Dipo the 1 and 2. There seems to be a common trend with how Rob drafts.

Yeah its his main weakness, but every player has warts. His wingspan is pretty good though - 6'10. His standing reach is 8'8.5, which is 4 inches more than Oladipo.

Sizewise, he is not too much bigger than Oladipo, but he should be fine at SF.

Yeah, I wonder how important height really is.

Obviously larger differences in height becomes significant but does 0.75 inches really matter all that much? If Winslow was just slightly bigger there would be no height issue but is that really worth anything?

I mean it's like this

|--------|

Yeah, I wonder how important height really is.

Obviously larger differences in height becomes significant but does 0.75 inches really matter all that much? If Winslow was just slightly bigger there would be no height issue but is that really worth anything?

I mean it's like this

|--------|

If you count his hair he more than makes up for that |-------| maybe even exceeds.