CTMagicUK

Official 2015 Draft Thread

So Alex Kennedy is predicting Porzingis to us.

I don't hate it. This year I can get behind about any pick we make at 5 that has been debated here.

Porzingis would give us the softest front court ever, but that explains why the Magic are interested in Koufos.

I don't hate it. This year I can get behind about any pick we make at 5 that has been debated here.

Porzingis would give us the softest front court ever, but that explains why the Magic are interested in Koufos.

On the bright side, we'd get to play four years of dirk or Darko

How exactly does that article refute what I said? One instance of Bogut guarding a player who isn't quick on the ball and can't shoot?

You clearly said that GSW matches up on positions. They do not. They switch. They put Bogut on a SG so he could switch over for help defense underneath. It was not a PG, but close enough to prove my point.

If Rob thinks this is the guy, Im all about it. He has yet to make a bad lotto pick.

If Rob thinks this is the guy, Im all about it. He has yet to make a bad lotto pick.

Yeah, but that's no fun for discussion. At the end of the day whoever rob picks I'll be fine with because we only have 50% of the information.

Watch him pick Cameron Payne

Dirk with athletic ability and speed to run around screens?

Darko without enough weight or strength to fight inside?

Channing Frye?

Yao Ming?

The Zinger!

Hey, if we get him can we have the audio of Sheldon from Big Bang Theory saying "bazinga" play when he hits free throws?

Cauley-Stein has come up as an option for the Magic, but I’m told the front office is split on him. There are some who like him, while others feel he’d be a bad fit and isn’t nearly skilled enough. I think the 7’1 Porzingis would be the pick here, and while he’d be a project, he could be a very good fit with this up-and-coming Magic team.

http://www.basketballinsiders.com/2015-nba-mock-draft-consensus-ver-6-0/

On the Porzingis weight stuff: Rudy Gobert was described as light weight, lacking strength, offers little resistance when pushed around... All that stuff. Now he's a beast.

On the Porzingis weight stuff: Rudy Gobert was described as light weight, lacking strength, offers little resistance when pushed around... All that stuff. Now he's a beast.

There's plenty of examples of super skinny 20 year olds filling out as they mature. The problem with Porzingis is he lacks the structure of someone like ibaka (I.e. Broad shoulders) and thus does not have the surface area for good weight to be added. Porzingis has the shoulders of a ballerina. Adding weight on him is likely going to hamper his speed so the training staff is going to have a difficult time slowly developing his strength in order to give him the best chance to remain effective. It's likely that he will spend his entire career as a gangly 230 lb player.

Now this isn't a horrible thing if he's talented enough. It's no different than Chris Paul being 5'11. Today's nba he might be able to get away with it. But there's going to be some matchups that will force him from games.

There's plenty of examples of super skinny 20 year olds filling out as they mature. The problem with Porzingis is he lacks the structure of someone like ibaka (I.e. Broad shoulders) and thus does not have the surface area for good weight to be added. Porzingis has the shoulders of a ballerina. Adding weight on him is likely going to hamper his speed so the training staff is going to have a difficult time slowly developing his strength in order to give him the best chance to remain effective. It's likely that he will spend his entire career as a gangly 230 lb player.

Now this isn't a horrible thing if he's talented enough. It's no different than Chris Paul being 5'11. Today's nba he might be able to get away with it. But there's going to be some matchups that will force him from games.

Porzi sounds like he has the physique and upside of Bosh, without the inside game yet. Hmmm… Maybe I need to give the dude a chance.

I still love me some Winslow.