CTMagicUK

Official 2015 Draft Thread

LOL!!!!! Did you see the O sentinel article with Dwight, Wisebroad (the hockey guy) and Johnny Davis? Wow, I forgot those guys were the selection committee that drafted Dwight! Otis was not pictured! LOL!

smile_shardhappy.pngsmile_shardhappy.pngsmile_shardhappy.png

It's not true though. Otis Smith is a big reason we drafted Dwight. The Hockey guy wanted Okafor and Otis convinced him Dwight would be a superstar.

It's not true though. Otis Smith is a big reason we drafted Dwight. The Hockey guy wanted Okafor and Otis convinced him Dwight would be a superstar.

Exactly! Which is why I found it odd that the 2 who really wanted Okafor, was taking the credit for drafting him!!!! I can recall Wisebroad confessing that it was Otis and the other Assistant GM (Dave?)that convinced him!

Exactly! Which is why I found it odd that the 2 who really wanted Okafor, was taking the credit for drafting him!!!! I can recall Wisebroad confessing that it was Otis and the other Assistant GM (Dave?)that convinced him!

Yeah those guys are such idiots. I hated the hockey guy so much. When he traded Mobley I was sick to my stomach. We actually had a decent little team of vets to get us through a rebuild and he decided to trade for the clown Christie. It was embarrassing.

Mobleys shooting would have helped Dwight his first year I think.

Yeah those guys are such idiots. I hated the hockey guy so much. When he traded Mobley I was sick to my stomach. We actually had a decent little team of vets to get us through a rebuild and he decided to trade for the clown Christie. It was embarrassing.

Mobleys shooting would have helped Dwight his first year I think.

Yeah, I was troubled when he traded him too, I really wanted him to trade Stevie Headcase before he wrecked everything! I wonder if Christie is still holding onto his wife's apron???? That guy was pathetic!!!What was the centers name that year?? He was a real nut job too!

Yeah, I was troubled when he traded him too, I really wanted him to trade Stevie Headcase before he wrecked everything! I wonder if Christie is still holding onto his wife's apron???? That guy was pathetic!!!What was the centers name that year?? He was a real nut job too!

Kelvin Cato

Kelvin Cato

Right! I also remember that he did a real good job at mentoring Dwight, getting him to slow down, Dwight wanted to do everything at Hyperspeed!

Man that was such a low point. Grant Hill's contract essentially handcuffed us for years. It's why I really prefer building the team the way Rob is doing it now - it just requires more patience.

Man that was such a low point. Grant Hill's contract essentially handcuffed us for years. It's why I really prefer building the team the way Rob is doing it now - it just requires more patience.

Completely understand it! I am also sold on our rebuild, but we are now at a critical point of the process, and we are still behind the player development curve as well!

My point being, I don't believe JV or Hennie can hang their hats on any of our players development!

I really think their own collective and individual training led to the improvements on the court. Ex; Tobias Harris, Elfrid, VO just to name a few!

Completely understand it! I am also sold on our rebuild, but we are now at a critical point of the process, and we are still behind the player development curve as well!

My point being, I don't believe JV or Hennie can hang their hats on any of our players development!

I really think their own collective and individual training led to the improvements on the court. Ex; Tobias Harris, Elfrid, VO just to name a few!

I think it is both the coach and player. Example, Vick playing pg helped his development.

I think it is both the coach and player. Example, Vick playing pg helped his development.

Did it though? Sometimes I feel like Vic playing PG has just hampered his development at the 2 and he still gets caught up playing that PG role when it seems like he should just be playing off ball with EP at the point.

Henny likes a certain character (e.g. humble, hard working, team centered, etc) about the players he drafts, and I'm not sold Trill or Mario fit the mold. Meanwhile, I think Winslow fits the mold nicely. Hmmm…

Either way, I think Winslow's best comp is Butler.

An also of note is this very important historical fact: http://www.usab.com/news-events/news/2014/01/usa-mens-u19-world-championship-team-named-usa-basketballs-2013-team-of-the-year.aspx

Did it though? Sometimes I feel like Vic playing PG has just hampered his development at the 2 and he still gets caught up playing that PG role when it seems like he should just be playing off ball with EP at the point.

I don't understand this line of thought. We're supposed to have the ball in Payton's hands every possession he's on the floor? Even if Payton was some offensive juggernaut this would be a terrible idea.

Oladipo was around about league average as a ball handler this season (by percentile) whereas Payton was in the bottom 3rd in the league.

Dipo's ball handler PPP is comparable to Goran Dragic (Phoenix numbers), Gordon Hayward, John Wall, Dwayne Wade and Deron Williams.

Among players with over 400 possessions as the offensive ball handler Payton leads them in TO Frequency and is last among them in PPP.

Source: http://stats.nba.com/playtype/#!/ball-handler/?dir=1&Season=2014-15&SeasonType=Regular%20Season&sort=Percentile