CTMagicUK

Official 2015 Draft Thread

Guys, step back and actually think about it for a second: the Lakers have basically no assets. Like, literally none. They can't trade a pick until at least 2020, possibly longer. They have two players with positive value on their roster, and one of them just missed almost his entire rookie season with a leg injury.

They don't have the assets to get Cousins from the Kings, and they don't have the assets to entice anyone else to help them get Cousins from the Kings.

This is just Stein using his one good "source", which has been obviously someone within the Lakers organization for like a decade now, with that source using him to try to get someone, anyone to help them make this deal happen, and it really can't for the reasons listed above. If anyone WAS interested in the trade and had the assets to get Cousins off the Kings, they'd just take Cousins for themselves.

Sidenote: if you guys are upset at Vooch's defense, you'll be horrified when you see Cousins.

Eh, I don't think cousins' defense is worse than Vucevic. I mean it gets worse when he gets pouty. But his actual upside is higher.

Let's be honest guys: this is a rumor, and it doesn't sound like it has legs based on what we know. I'm more apt to believe that the Magic were about to make the Vince Carter / Jameer Nelson deal for Chris Paul back in 2010 than I am to believe we are anywhere near making this deal, at least under the terms currently being put out there by the media.

Dude, I'm not sure anyone here besides you and maybe some other Kentucky homers want to trade for Noel.

I, Soul Bro, a FSU fan and not a UK fan, do acknowledge that I would trade our #5 in a nanosecond for Noel, so help me Henny.

• Upvote 2

[/size]

I, Soul Bro, a FSU fan and not a UK fan, do acknowledge that I would trade our #5 in a nanosecond for Noel, so help me Henny.

Anytime you can trade a top five pick for the fourth most productive player on an 18 win team you HAVE to do it.

• Upvote 3
  • Downvote 1

[/size]

I stand corrected. Perhaps I overestimate people.

Anytime ESPN gossips, I ignore it. They just like throwing **** out there for the big market teams.

Their new mock draft has us taking Mudiay when just yesterday, we were taking Hezonja.

Screw em. They know nothing.

Oh and if we were to land the 2nd pick, it better be for Russell with Okafor being option b.

Anytime ESPN gossips, I ignore it. They just like throwing **** out there for the big market teams.

Their new mock draft has us taking Mudiay when just yesterday, we were taking Hezonja.

Screw em. They know nothing.

Oh and if we were to land the 2nd pick, it better be for Russell.

That wasn't a mock. That's bilas saying "I like Mudiay. I don't care if he's a fit or if it's a valid pick, I'm taking him. The magic can draft who they want on Thursday"

That wasn't a mock. That's bilas saying "I like Mudiay. I don't care if he's a fit or if it's a valid pick, I'm taking him. The magic can draft who they want on Thursday"

I saw it on the ticker in the gym this morning. It said "NBA Mock draft" and has us selecting Mudiay. Now maybe it stems from Bilas but the ticker did in fact say "NBA Mock Draft" and shows the complete lottery teams and their picks.