CTMagicUK

Official 2015 Draft Thread

So Embid is having healing issues and has to cut back on training all-together. I've heard that injury sometimes never heals and can always re-occur. Could give Philly more of a reason to draft Porz.

Embiid has a full on Oden level injury concern at this point. A full year and it doesn't sound like his foot has healed. What a nightmare.

Bummed for the guy, but can't say I feel bad to see the Sixers Experiment take a hit.

That is a bummer about Embiid. I was actually really interested to see how him and Noel played together. I think that duo healthy could compete for one of the best big man pairs in the league.

However, I agree that if anyone but Towns/Okafor go 1-2...things could get really interesting.

MIN -- Towns

LAL -- Russell

PHI -- Zingis?

NY -- Okafor

ORL -- Mudiay? Mario? WCS? Winslow?

If that top 3 happen and NY takes someone other than Okafor...say Mudiay or WCS (Remembering reading a while back that Phil Jackson said he though WCS could be worth a $100 million contract some day...take that for what it's worth)...then maybe Okafor falls to us?

Doesn't SAC have the pick below us? I also think that they could be trade partners. If all goes to plan and WCS is there for the taking, there is a connection between him and Cousins who has befriended him over the last couple of years. So perhaps we could trade for Cousins or they would want WCS so badly that they would give up something else for him.

Cousins apparently wants to play with WCS and WCS echoed something similar after his workout with SAC (which I understand is a very undrafted rookie thing to do for the team you just worked out for...but still)

Vuch and our first for Cousins and their first?

That is a bummer about Embiid. I was actually really interested to see how him and Noel played together. I think that duo healthy could compete for one of the best big man pairs in the league.

However, I agree that if anyone but Towns/Okafor go 1-2...things could get really interesting.

MIN -- Towns

LAL -- Russell

PHI -- Zingis?

NY -- Okafor

ORL -- Mudiay? Mario? WCS? Winslow?

If that top 3 happen and NY takes someone other than Okafor...say Mudiay or WCS (Remembering reading a while back that Phil Jackson said he though WCS could be worth a $100 million contract some day...take that for what it's worth)...then maybe Okafor falls to us?

Doesn't SAC have the pick below us? I also think that they could be trade partners. If all goes to plan and WCS is there for the taking, there is a connection between him and Cousins who has befriended him over the last couple of years. So perhaps we could trade for Cousins or they would want WCS so badly that they would give up something else for him.

Cousins apparently wants to play with WCS and WCS echoed something similar after his workout with SAC (which I understand is a very undrafted rookie thing to do for the team you just worked out for...but still)

Vuch and our first for Cousins and their first?

Pretty sure it was Larry Bird who made the $100 million comment about WCS.

See this is where I have a huge issue with how people gauge "Potential" in todays NBA. There is wayyyy to much of a direct correlation with how much potential people see a guy having based on how athletic he is. Being a world class athlete like Griffin or AG is great, don't get me wrong. But to question a guys ceiling because he isn't going to win any dunk contests is absurd.

The MVP of the NBA this year isn't "athletic".

But the funny thing is is that you don't have to be an elite athlete to be an elite NBA player. I absolutely hate how people base potential off athleticism. So many more important things that go into how much potential a guy has. Mechanics, Basketball IQ, Work Ethic, Handles, Passing ability, defense, just to name a few.

At the end of the day these are NBA players. They're athletic enough if they're lottery picks.

"This guy is a great athlete he runs really well he has so much potential". It gets so old hearing this. Why not "This guy does everything well, he shoots, he passes, he's a smart player, he has a ton of potential if he continues to develop those aspects of his game."

Russell isn't an elite athlete his ceiling isn't very high. Stupidest statement ever. And I'm just using Russell as an example comments like this are made every year and I'm not directing this in any way towards you GHOS.

Edit: This was quite the rant but I had to say it.

steph curry is an anomaly, but he also has a transcendent skill with his shooting.

athleticism matters, but so does actual basketball skill, more often than not you need both to be an elite player

All you have to do is watch him run the floor in his film

I have. He is okay running the floor but nothing special.

Vuch runs the floor well. He also is not a stiff. But, I would not call him highly athletic. Porzingis is longer than vuch but they run the floor the same to me. There are a few things I like and they are not athleticism. I am not co signing that hype box.

A rookie might not make a huge difference this year, but in five years, we'll all have rather taken one of these guys instead of trading the pick for a serviceable big. If getting to the playoffs in the short term is the goal, that's the move to make. If winning a championship in the future is the goal, you need to take a shot at a star in the draft.

To each his own, but the magic have taken that shot the last two years. Now its time to finish the rebuild with proven talent and win a championship.

Embiid has a full on Oden level injury concern at this point. A full year and it doesn't sound like his foot has healed. What a nightmare.

Bummed for the guy, but can't say I feel bad to see the Sixers Experiment take a hit.

Yup. Entirely why I didn't want to draft him last year. Foot injuries for big men are a death sentence

To each his own, but the magic have taken that shot the last two years. Now its time to finish the rebuild with proven talent and win a championship.

• Upvote 1

Yes, WCS is the cream of the crop in athleticism. Does not mean Porzingis is a stiff or isn't athletic. Those who are making such statements, would pick James White over James Harden.

Porzingis is athletic. I really don't know how you can have seen him play and not see that.

He is okay. He dunks easy because he is long. It is not ups.

Yes, WCS is the cream of the crop in athleticism. Does not mean Porzingis is a stiff or isn't athletic. Those who are making such statements, would pick James White over James Harden.

Don't understand your James white comment. Porzingis is not an eye popping athletic player to me. WCS is that type. As you also said.