CTMagicUK

Official 2015 Draft Thread

Hair don't play no defense, man. Too soft.

But you gotta see over the hair to make good passes. Lol

What Winslow has is that elite lift. He can flat out jump and I think that is what keeps him as the top SF prospect over Johnson.

Also the Magic were talking to this guy at EuroCamp - http://www.nbadraft.net/players/george-de-paula

Very high ceiling..bad shooter. We've heard this before with guys rob drafts.

What stuck out is his wingspan. It's 7 feet. He's a PG.

Give me WCS. Guy is an athletic freak that works hard and at least gives us a guy to perfectly match Vuc down low. Winslow is too short and Mario's attitude isn't worth it.

I think Winslow can be a really good fit for the Magic to be the eventual starter at small forward. Kid is 19 and may still grow some. By comparison, Winslow is 1 inch shorter than Kawhi Leonard was coming out of college and nobody doubts Leonard's ability to play small forward or guard other 3s. Also, Winslow is a better leaper than Leonard. Wingspan is not quite as long and Kawhi has freakishly big hands but I'd also say that Winslow is a better shooter coming out of college than Kawhi was.

Comparisons from draft combines:

Kawhi Leonard http://www.sbnation.com/nba/2011/5/20/2181713/nba-draft-combine-2011-measurements-kawhi-leonard

Justise Winslow http://www.draftexpress.com/profile/Justise-Winslow-7190/

Winslow is a fantastic fit for this team in terms of culture. I'm also coming around on him as the pick as well. I remember watching him during the tournament and posting how Rob must be loving this guy the way he is rebounding the ball like a man possessed and leading his team like an Alpha dog.

I think the Magic will stay pretty quiet on him and hope the Knicks don't take him.

A lineup of Payton Victor Winslow Gordon and Vuc would be awesome. I believe the defense of the 4 guys around Vuc should help him down low.

I was also really impressed with Gordon's ability to hold opponents under 50% shooting under the rim. That shows signs of him being a solid defender at 4.

• Upvote 2

Ever since that post where I tried to find players who fit P4TW's under 10 ppg and successful in the nba criteria I haven't been able to shake the comparison in my mind of WCS and Kenyon Martin. I'm not even sure it's a good comparison but the connection is there in my mind now.

Ever since that post where I tried to find players who fit P4TW's under 10 ppg and successful in the nba criteria I haven't been able to shake the comparison in my mind of WCS and Kenyon Martin. I'm not even sure it's a good comparison but the connection is there in my mind now.

WCS is considerably bigger, longer, and a better defender. Similar on offense maybe? I have to admit WCS looked damn good in that workout video (yes I know everyone looks good when all they show is made shots against no defense). Any way we could wink-wink with NY to not match on an offer for Tobias Harris, and send them Harkless and a future first for the #4 pick? Can you imagine leaving this draft with WCS and Winslow? OMG!!!

He's a Tyson Chandler type. The only reason Dwight Howard is mentioned is because they measure the same and also run the floor at elite speed for their size. Dwight Howard is a mutant spider man on defense and we all know this.

JMO, but I think Dwight would kinda suck at being Spiderman

He's freakishly athletic, and he moves laterally as well as any big man I've ever seen (that includes Anthony Davis and Andre Drummond). He's bouncy and just glides up and down the floor. There's a reason teams think he might be able to guard all five positions on the floor, and everything he did in Los Angeles confirmed that ability.

He's also gotten bigger. He's bulked up considerably over the past few months without losing any of his explosiveness.

When it comes to skills, however, Cauley-Stein's still a work in progress. Going through ballhandling exercises and drills on creating off the dribble, it's clear he's still developing. In Cauley-Stein's three seasons at Kentucky, everyone knew creating his own offense wasn't going to be Cauley-Stein's strength. It remains his biggest challenge going forward. He has improved significantly since his freshman season, but individual offensive skills continue to be an area he'll need to stress.

One minor surprise was his midrange shooting ability. If you saw Kentucky in practice or in shootarounds before games, you saw that Cauley-Stein showed some ability on the perimeter. From his two days in L.A., it's clear his stroke is better than one might think. He started to break out that shot in games toward the end of the season. If he can hit a midrange jumper with regularity in the NBA, he'll be even more valuable.

http://insider.espn....ft-slot-unclear

Winslow is a fantastic fit for this team in terms of culture. I'm also coming around on him as the pick as well. I remember watching him during the tournament and posting how Rob must be loving this guy the way he is rebounding the ball like a man possessed and leading his team like an Alpha dog.

I think the Magic will stay pretty quiet on him and hope the Knicks don't take him.

A lineup of Payton Victor Winslow Gordon and Vuc would be awesome. I believe the defense of the 4 guys around Vuc should help him down low.

I was also really impressed with Gordon's ability to hold opponents under 50% shooting under the rim. That shows signs of him being a solid defender at 4.

I also think Rob & Co. are staying quiet on Winslow in hopes that he falls to us. I'm sure they don't want a repeat of getting extorted like last year with Elf. I don't think I can take another 2.5 weeks of this speculation. Hurry up, get our guy, and let me enjoy Summer League with Elf/AG/& #5.