CTMagicUK

Official 2015 Draft Thread

Also, is Porzingis any more hyped than Cody Zeller was at one point? We know how that worked out.

That is a good question. They are both probably equally hyped. Both had can't miss offensive games. I remember Zeller was supposed to be the next Aldridge.

I would have no way of backing this up, but doesn't it seem like big men bust far more often than any other position?

Not trying to start anything at all, and I'm being serious when I say this BUT; Couldn't AG still theoretically be a bust? Let the record show I don't think he will be, just saying that the jury is still out on him right? Like we assume he will put in the work and become better offensively, but do we know that for sure? Worse case he's an elite defender I guess but from where he was drafted he would need to become more than that to not be labeled a bust correct?

I honestly think AG is a longshot to be a good NBA starter.

I would have no way of backing this up, but doesn't it seem like big men bust far more often than any other position?

I would agree with that. But they're always the most hyped prospects as well.. so we pay more attention

I honestly think AG is a longshot to be a good NBA starter.

Until he does more and shows more I can't make a case. He is young. I think it will depend on what position we put him at for development.

he will be 20 this year and 23 the end of his rookie deal. He has time. With a better coach this year, we will have a better understanding of what he can do.

He was 3rd on my pf list because he was a tweener. I do like his perimeter defense. We need him to play better help defense and block shots at the rim. Most of his blocks come from close outs.

All of the pfs from that class can still be bust players:

This was my rank. Vonleh has the 3 pt shot, rebounding, upside, and size. He did not play much this year. He is also considered a developmental player. Vonleh will be a massive rebounder but needs to make better decisions.

1) Vonleh (basketball IQ improvement)

2) Randle (injury)

3) Gordon (tweener)

Also, is Porzingis any more hyped than Cody Zeller was at one point? We know how that worked out.

Didn't Charlotte fans boo him on draft night? Also I like him. His defense is pretty solid and his developing a reliable mid range shot. I think he tops out as a role player but that's pretty decent.

Didn't Charlotte fans boo him on draft night? Also I like him. His defense is pretty solid and his developing a reliable mid range shot. I think he tops out as a role player but that's pretty decent.

Oh, yeah, I agree. But he was a long time #1 pick that was highly regarded and ended up going 4th. That's pretty disappointing

I think Skiles will develop Gordon well. He has already raved about him in interviews. Gordon's defense will keep him on the court more.

I never was a huge Zeller fan personally.

And yeah, the WCS numbers are impressive. No doubt.The guy is freaking fast. It would have been pretty cool if he kept playing WR instead as well. I'd just like to watch a 7 foot WR. It would be ridiculous.

For some reason Myles Turner feels like this year's Vonleh.

That is a good question. They are both probably equally hyped. Both had can't miss offensive games. I remember Zeller was supposed to be the next Aldridge.

Big men do bust more often, because they don't have to work as hard in high school and college because of their size. When they get to the nba they are playing on equal ground and their true talent comes out. Smaller guards have to work hard throughout school and their talent is more visible, less chance of busting.

Big men do bust more often, because they don't have to work as hard in high school and college because of their size. When they get to the nba they are playing on equal ground and their true talent comes out. Smaller guards have to work hard throughout school and their talent is more visible, less chance of busting.

I don't think it has as much to do with working hard. Elite athletes have it easy in high school regardless.

But elite athletes at 6'1 have more options than a 6'10 guy.

A 6'1 athlete can play 5 different football positions, point guard, soccer, baseball, track and field, various Olympic sports, etc.

A 6'10 guy pretty much has basketball and volleyball.

So a talk kid gets forced to play basketball and if he doesn't have a passion for it he can get burned out easier.

For some reason Myles Turner feels like this year's Vonleh.

Seems like a good comparison. Vonleh could still end up something special in a couple of years. I do think Turner has a better post game than Vonleh. Turner may not be much his first year, even with all his skills. It depends on who drafts him. The reason I'm comfortable with Orlando picking him is that I think in a couple years Skiles turns him into an utter beast on D. Dude has just great timing on blocks. To me, he has as much of a ceiling as anyone outside of the top 3 guys in this draft. He just has that one weird issue with his core musculature. The doctors seem to think it's easily fixed, so that's hopeful. Without those questions about his core strength, he'd be a top five pick easily. It all really ends up falling on what GM sees the potential and is willing to take the risk that the time in the gym doesn't pay off to get a guy who could end up an elite two-way PF/C

Something I love about Porzingis is the crazy lineups you can run with him.

Payton

Dipo

Fournier

Tobias

Porzingis

That's obviously a situational lineup against a team going small or something but it has a lot of potential offensively. It spreads the defense out and opens things up for Dipo and Payton.

Alternatively you could run Porzingis at the 4 and Frye at the 5 in certain lineups and then you really put strain on the opposing teams ability to help.

Plus Porzingis, unlike Frye, actually has some ability as a finisher on the pick and roll so double screens and horns sets with the two of them (or even with Vuc in place of Frye) could be really difficult to guard with the threat of the ball handler, the roll or the pop.

It's just interesting the sets you can design when you have a 7 footer who can shoot off screens, catch and shoot and both pop and roll.

Porzingis and Frye would be the worst front court defense of all time, but on offense would be glorious and fun as hell to watch.

Do not watch the Rusell workout video unless you want to be really sad that we are not going to get him in the draft.