CTMagicUK

Official 2015 Draft Thread

Lol Air Croatia doesn't have a very good ring to it. I want him though. Worst case he's a super athletic 3 point shooter (Gerald Green maybe?) best case he's a legitimate #1 scoring option and star. It'll probably hinge on his handle improving.

He started out as a pg and got taller

Here's hoping the Knicks take Winslow

--

Nothing against the kid, just think that a Payton Oladipo Winslow Gordon Vucevic lineup would get killed by the likes of Golden State and other teams that can just go on a 3 pt shooting frenzy. The NBA has changed and we don't have nearly as much shooting as we need

I think we keep hoping that all our athletic defensive players will eventually develop offensive jumpshots. I don't doubt Oladipo and Gordon can do so. I just think Mario will be a good enough defensive player and will give us that stretch we need. Winslow, while great in transition, does similar things that Gordon and Oladipo can do.

Yeah....okay, him too!!!! LOL

Listen, this kid is years from being NBA ready, I would prefer Franny!

Exactly. And we already have a project at the 4 (assuming he's not a SF) in AG. So people want to take on 2 long term project players at the same position? Come on.

He started out as a pg and got taller

No he didn't. 4 years ago at the age of 16 he was a wing player. You may be thinking of Dario Saric.

I think we keep hoping that all our athletic defensive players will eventually develop offensive jumpshots. I don't doubt Oladipo and Gordon can do so. I just think Mario will be a good enough defensive player and will give us that stretch we need. Winslow, while great in transition, does similar things that Gordon and Oladipo can do.

I can't disagree with this. I guess I just like both Mario/Winslow kind of equally. They both could help but both are different types of players. Give me either Rob.

Yes, and I feel like Winslow's strengths are more gettable in free agency here comes my mandatory Tony Snell, KJ McDaniels post

Yes, and I feel like Winslow's strengths are more gettable in free agency here comes my mandatory Tony Snell, KJ McDaniels post

Ehh Snell and KJ can't run a break near as good as Winslow and can't finish as consistently through contact like he does. Winslow's defensive upside is also far higher than either of those guys. Also, Winslow for sure isn't Mario from deep by any stretch but he was 42% in college. No reason to think he can't develop a descent NBA 3 point shot.

Again, I like Mario a ton too, just don't think those are good comps for Winslow.