CTMagicUK

Official 2015 Draft Thread

Nicholson? The only trend is he takes BPA.

The trend is he drafts for high ceiling and believes shooting can be taught and athleticism can not. Nicholson was a later round pick and i think he just wanted a guy who could become a stretch 4.

As for gordon. I see him getting big and playing pf. But he can guard any position. So it doesnt hurt to play him at 3 and 4 while he develops his game.

I think AG is the kind of player who could develop a lot faster if he has a clear direction of where the team wants him to play. Oladipo playing the pg spot for a year really helped his game a lot as he transferred to the 2 guard spot but I think it would have the adverse effect on AG if you play him between 2 very different positions.

I can see this being the case on the offensive end but not much on defense. I think defensively he can guard both but I agree he needs to know where to practice his shots and getting use to a position on offense. Offensively, it can help his growth.

My Magic list, slotted to where we pick:

1. Towns -

2. Russell -

3. Mudiay - take him and trade down to get value.

4. Okafor - can't pick 4, but if he falls and you can flip Vuc- take him.

5. Mario

6. Winslow - better culture fit than Mario but this is my list dammit

7. Porzingis

8. Stanley Johnson - Still very intrigued by this guy.

9. WCS

10. Kelly Oubre -

I can see this being the case on the offensive end but not much on defense. I think defensively he can guard both but I agree he needs to know where to practice his shots and getting use to a position on offense. Offensively, it can help his growth.

Yeah exactly defensively he's a beast and he's only get better at guarding bigger guys in the post but Offensively was mainly what I was referring to.

I don't see how Aaron is a 3 in today's NBA

Re-watching last night's Clips-Rockets game, his physical profile is very similar to Blake Griffin. I think he should play the 4 but with flexibility to guard 3-5 on D. We've seen what an undersized big like Draymond Green can do guarding multiple positions. Although their personalities are different, they share the trait of relentless effort. Based on what I've seen from Aaron live at games and on TV is that his motor is off the charts. He's slightly shorter than Griffin, but rather than Blake's t-rex arms he has close to a 7' wingspan.

Since Aaron is primarily a defensive player, for now, his position should be based on who he guards. Hope to see more consistent use of him as a roll man next year. That jumper is coming on but coming slow.

Re-watching last night's Clips-Rockets game, his physical profile is very similar to Blake Griffin. I think he should play the 4 but with flexibility to guard 3-5 on D. We've seen what an undersized big like Draymond Green can do guarding multiple positions. Although their personalities are different, they share the trait of relentless effort. Based on what I've seen from Aaron live at games and on TV is that his motor is off the charts. He's slightly shorter than Griffin, but rather than Blake's t-rex arms he has close to a 7' wingspan.

Since Aaron is primarily a defensive player, for now, his position should be based on who he guards. Hope to see more consistent use of him as a roll man next year. That jumper is coming on but coming slow.

Exactly right. I do believe he was brought here to play the 4 when all is said and done. Some people complain that is not a "true 4" since he is currently playing minutes at the 3, but that is short sighted and not really seeing the big picture.

People have to remember - the Magic believe in playing rookies out of position to develop certain skills and more importantly, get them on the floor more often since many times their natural position has a veteran there. See Oladipo and Afllalo last year for example.

In Gordon's case, the plan is to develop his shooting so he will be able to stretch the floor at the PF spot. We are staring at a better version of Draymon Green or a potential Blake Griffin type of player 2 years from now. Gordon can handle the ball and if he can practice passing out of double teams over time (He will see double teams in 2 years) we will have a star at PF.

The best part is that he is so athletic that he can still play the 3 or guard 3s if needed. And that is something more people need to understand - the NBA is not about position as much as matchup. For example Andrew Bogut was guarding Tony Allen last game. Why? Because Tony Allen has no 3 and that allows Bogut to cheat and stay in the paint to double down on the bigs.

The main thing to look at with Gordon is his shot development and his physical development. I think he can put on the same size as Blake Griffin and since he already can guard 4s now, imagine him doing it in 2 years.

For the average NBA Draft prospect, the battery of tests they're put through this time of the year tend to be a formality, but for other players the stakes are a bit higher. It seems that at least one player per draft cycle is faced with concerns based around how they move on the court and what kind of toll the resulting forces are taking on their musculoskeletal system. Sometimes those questions are raised about a bruising big man struggling with lower back pain late in the season or a prospect who is particularly knock-knee or bow-legged relative to the norm, but they can also pop up for more subtle reasons like unsteady running form or a lack of ideal knee bend in the post.

This season, Myles Turner is perhaps the highest profile player in this draft to face scrutiny specifically for how he moves. DraftExpress's video scout, Mike Schmitz, broke down Turner's specific mobility issues in our preseason video scouting report on the potential top-10 pick. The following video is linked to start with that section: https://youtu.be/sU_qZL9LevA?t=6m22s

Turner's somewhat ginger, choppy running stride was a part of not only our scouting report on him, but of those published by most major NBA Draft outlets as well. As Schmitz notes, Turner is plenty mobile for a 7-footer. He moves better than numerous center prospects we've covered over the years, but with the lamentable history of big men with injury problems over the last two decades and the increased attention to detail in the internet era of scouting, Turner's gait was still viewed as a concern.

From DraftExpress.com http://www.draftexpress.com/#ixzz3a1x7ou4A'>http://www.draftexpress.com/#ixzz3a1x7ou4A

http://www.draftexpress.com

My Magic list, slotted to where we pick:

1. Towns -

2. Russell -

3. Mudiay - take him and trade down to get value.

4. Okafor - can't pick 4, but if he falls and you can flip Vuc- take him.

5. Mario

6. Winslow - better culture fit than Mario but this is my list dammit

7. Porzingis

8. Stanley Johnson - Still very intrigued by this guy.

9. WCS

10. Kelly Oubre -

this is my list exactly. would just end it at 7 since i would be fine with any of them and we won't pick any lower than that