CTMagicUK

Official 2015 Draft Thread

Though still raw, Porzingis' skill set is tailor-made for today's NBA game. With a high, quick release, Porzingis has a promising jumper that fuels enticing stretch 4 potential. Porzingis has hit 41 threes in 47 games (37.3 percent) playing just 21.5 minutes in each. He also shoots 75.7 percent from the line, another encouraging sign for his shooting potential.

However, he's more than just a catch-and-shoot, pick-and-pop target around the arc. Porzingis can put the ball on the floor, attack closeouts and get to the basket in straight lines. And he has a developing in-between game, with the ability to separate into jumpers off step-backs, pull-ups or turnarounds in the post.

With 7-foot size, above-the-rim burst and quick feet, Porzingis has defensive potential to strive to reach. He blocks 1.8 shots per 40 minutes, and he's light enough on his feet to switch or recover against pick-and-rolls. Depending on who's on the opposing front line, Porzingis could also end up guarding both 5s and 4s.

The big question with Porzingis concerns his body. Will he be able to take and finish after contact or hold his own defensively in the paint? If he's forced into playing strictly on the perimeter, he'll have to lean heavily on his jumper, which reduces his margin for error and ultimate purpose on the floor. It's hard not to think about Andrea Bargnani when watching Porzingis, who's more comfortable facing up from 20-plus feet away or running off screens outside the paint.

http://bleacherrepor...-or-dario-saric

Willie Cauley-Stein officially/legally changes his name to Willie TRILL Cauley-Stein... Because thats what his boys call him.

Still sound like a Henny guy? :creaturedance:/>

Link: http://www.kentucky.com/2015/05/04/3835197_willie-cauley-steins-name-change.html?rh=1

Can we officially just stop talking about him now? His "boys" call him "trill" so he switches his name to that? Yikes. Between that and signing with Jay Z I'll completely pass on this clown.

• Upvote 1

Can we officially just stop talking about him now? His "boys" call him "trill" so he switches his name to that? Yikes. Between that and signing with Jay Z I'll completely pass on this clown.

What's wrong with signing with Jay Z? They have a pretty respectable client list and negotiate well.

I don't hate him at all, in fact, if the lottery isn't friendly to us I wouldn't mind him. But if we pick 5 or better I want a player with more upside that best cause doesn't project to be Chris Anderson.

Stein is who he is. I think he's one of the safer players in this draft just because you know exactly who he is and what he brings on both ends of the court.

So...he went from a guy you wouldn't mind having at the right spot in the draft to a guy who is a clown? Interesting mood swings.

The middle name thing is weird, but that has no effect on who this guy is as a player. If you knew that Ron Artest was going to change his name somewhere in his career to Metta World Peace, would you draft him differently? Probably not. This is a guy who officially made "Stein" apart of his last name because that is his mother's maiden name and didn't care about his middle name so he' just a 21 year old having fun. I think it's a little ridiculous to read so much into it.

On his defense, he was initially changing his name to incorporate his mother's last name but decided to throw in Trill as well. But still, it's kind of immature.

So...he went from a guy you wouldn't mind having at the right spot in the draft to a guy who is a clown? Interesting mood swings.

The middle name thing is weird, but that has no effect on who this guy is as a player. If you knew that Ron Artest was going to change his name somewhere in his career to Metta World Peace, would you draft him differently? Probably not. This is a guy who officially made "Stein" apart of his last name because that is his mother's maiden name and didn't care about his middle name so he' just a 21 year old having fun. I think it's a little ridiculous to read so much into it.

I would not mind having him around 10. But anyone that wantsto be called "trill" I personally will pass on completely. And yes if Ron Artest would have changed his name sooner maybe that would have made it easier for people to see the ummm wild child he was.

Yes, to me anyone that legally switches there name to include the word "trill" is a clown. Not a mood swing. It's my opinion.

"Just a 21 year old having fun", I'm comfortable giving that guy a big contract. Rob isn't drafting this CLOWN.

Anyone considering this guy with a top 5 picks this year regardless of the name change, I'd call their scouting a ability "clown-worthy" anyways. Much better options than Chris Anderson.

really hoping we land the forst pick for towns. top 3 gives us a chance to trade up for him if a team like philly has 1 and doesnt need another big.

if we dont land towns, im on board with a wing then acquire another pick in the late teens/early twenties to snag a pf.

would be more than happy with a combo of these players

first pick: russell, mudiay, winslow, hezonja

second pick: portis, wood, lyles

Where is O'Quinn?

Ultimately this will come down to who this teams needs.

This is our current team based on contracts guaranteed for next year

PG -- Payton/

SG -- Oladipo/Fournier

SF -- Gordon/Harkless

PF -- Frye/Nicholson

C -- Vucevic

Gordon/Ridnour/Marble/Dedmon -- Team Options

Harris -- Qualifying Offer

Looking at that lineup -- I think we keep everyone but Gordon and Harris.

PG -- Payton/Ridnour

SG -- Oladipo/Fournier/Marble

SF -- Gordon/Harkless

PF -- Frye/Nicholson

C -- Vucevic/Dedmon

So, that lineup seems like it has a nice core of talent at PG/SG/SF, but is woefully short of talent at PF.

If the Magic are drafting at #5 and lets say Towns, Okafor, Mudiay, Russell are gone. Here are the next top 6 in my opinion:

Justise Winslow (SG/SF)

Willie Cauley-Stein ( C)

Mario Hezonja (SG/SF)

Kristaps Porzingis ( C)

Stanley Johnson (SF)

Frank Kaminsky ( C)

If our lineup looks like it does, then I want to draft a big which makes our options: WCS, Porzingis, and Kaminsky. WCS is a defensive beast, Porzingis (from the few videos I've seen) looks versatile on offense, and Kaminsky is versatile on offense. I'd rather build a defensive team and develop the offense, so I would go for WCS.

However, everything changes if the Magic decide that they want to run Gordon at the 4. If they do that, then Winslow and Hezonja are our guys all day. However, to me, if we try to run Gordon at the 3, and we draft a slashing 2/3 guard, then we are going to have a clog at guard.