CTMagicUK

Official 2015 Draft Thread

I think there is a stigma with Euro players that probably isn't fair. Guys like Darko and then Fran do not help. But if you look at how much better scouts have gotten with evaluating Euros and then look at a guy like Mirotic this year and the Spurs roster for example, it should remove a lot of that stereotype.

The worst is when you read somebody saying "I don't want a Euro because Fran". It's just irrational thinking at that point.

I think there is a stigma with Euro players that probably isn't fair. Guys like Darko and then Fran do not help. But if you look at how much better scouts have gotten with evaluating Euros and then look at a guy like Mirotic this year and the Spurs roster for example, it should remove a lot of that stereotype.

The worst is when you read somebody saying "I don't want a Euro because Fran". It's just irrational thinking at that point.

Yea I agree about the stigma of European prospects. I've read lots of comments online that tend to imply that Euro prospects aren't as reliable as American ones which I've always thought was weird considering US prospects fail just as often as European one's do.

I also agree on scouts getting better. In fact, to me, it seems like in the recent drafts a lot of the Euro players have looked like good picks. Guys like Giannis, Gobert, Schroder, Nurkic, Mirotic, Valanciunas, Moteijunas and Fournier.

Chemistry is important, but players who want to be great will fit in wherever because that is what helps a team win

It's the difference between Kobe and Carmelo. Just have to figure out where Mario is on that spectrum

What if he's just another Marco Belinelli

That's my concern

He's 3 inches taller, 15 pounds heavier, and more athletic. He could eaisly fill out to be close to 215-220. But if his floor is Belinelli I don't think that's the worst thing in the world.

He's 3 inches taller, 15 pounds heavier, and more athletic. He could eaisly fill out to be close to 215-220. But if his floor is Belinelli I don't think that's the worst thing in the world.

Yeah I like Hezonja. His only real concern is translating what he does overseas to the nba. It'd suck if he became nothing more than a shooter

Yeah I like Hezonja. His only real concern is translating what he does overseas to the nba. It'd suck if he became nothing more than a shooter

Well he could easily be the best slash and finish guy on our team as well. That is what really made me a fan. He takes it to the hole with a level of athleticism that is very impressive.