CTMagicUK

Official 2015 Draft Thread

I get why people like Turner but I feel like we have enough cautionary tales about unproductive but athletic big men who have a bunch of potential and end up as a bench big man who plays 14 minutes per game and gets a few blocks and a bunch of fouls at best and out of the league in 4 years at worst.

Honestly I wouldn't even call him athletic. He's not much of a leaper and he's not really very strong, he blocks a lot of shots just by being 6'11 with a 7'4 wingspan and his natural instincts, not so much because of his athleticism. He also reminds me of Nicholson when he runs and isn't very quick laterally.

Honestly I wouldn't even call him athletic. He's not much of a leaper and he's not really very strong, he blocks a lot of shots just by being 6'11 with a 7'4 wingspan and his natural instincts, not so much because of his athleticism. He also reminds me of Nicholson when he runs and isn't very quick laterally.

I agree. From what I've seen of him. He would be a long-term project. I would guess like 5+ years. When I look at him, I honestly think he needs a few more years in college, which is why the 2-thru rule needs to happen quickly. Players generally are not ready after one year. Outside of elite talent, most just make the jump because they think they can make it on a team, make an NBA paycheck, and then possibly do enough to stick around.

I think Harrell will be a better "day-1" pro than Turner will, but even Harrell is undersized, but athleticism and hustle makes up for a lot.

Random:

The 76ers have 8 total picks in this draft. That's just ridiculous. It'd be nice if we could jump them in the lottery and get some of those picks in a trade.

• Upvote 1

Random:

The 76ers have 8 total picks in this draft. That's just ridiculous. It'd be nice if we could jump them in the lottery and get some of those picks in a trade.

They might not get the Lakers pick, since it's top 5 protected.

I get why people like Turner but I feel like we have enough cautionary tales about unproductive but athletic big men who have a bunch of potential and end up as a bench big man who plays 14 minutes per game and gets a few blocks and a bunch of fouls at best and out of the league in 4 years at worst.

Russel is still my top choice. Nothing has changed there. The rest are consolation prizes.

Nbadraft.net has Winslow going to us at #5 and has updated his player comparison from Wilson Chandler to James Harden/Wilson Chandler. I guess they read the boards and saw my post from Friday (#1070). ;)/>

Russel is still my top choice. Nothing has changed there. The rest are consolation prizes.

I'm with you on Russel, but until I see us "win" in the lottery I'm being realistic. Winslow is my first choice with Mario being second. I'm not as high on Johnson as you are. He's a guy a keep trying to get into but just don't see the upside that other do in him. Not to say I would be mad with Johnson, just would prefer Winslow/Mario.

What would make this draft really interesting is if we re-sign Harris because 3 of the more realistic options for us in the draft are SF's.

As for trading with Philly for picks, no thanks. Not interested in adding more young players than the 2 we already will be from the draft. I would like the focus to be in free-agency. Draft Winslow/Mario/Johnson and sign Draymond.

I'm with you on Russel, but until I see us "win" in the lottery I'm being realistic. Winslow is my first choice with Mario being second. I'm not as high on Johnson as you are. He's a guy a keep trying to get into but just don't see the upside that other do in him. Not to say I would be mad with Johnson, just would prefer Winslow/Mario.

What would make this draft really interesting is if we re-sign Harris because 3 of the more realistic options for us in the draft are SF's.

As for trading with Philly for picks, no thanks. Not interested in adding more young players than the 2 we already will be from the draft. I would like the focus to be in free-agency. Draft Winslow/Mario/Johnson and sign Draymond.

Winslow is a Henny guy. All day long. I could see the pick happening, I just think it would be a safe selection and I am not sure Rob will play it safe this year. He did not do that last year.

The upside with Johnson is his ability defend multiple positions and his potential to be an Artest type player. I personally am leaning towards Mario at that spot because he has an ideal skill set that the Magic are missing right now.

Winslow is a Henny guy. All day long. I could see the pick happening, I just think it would be a safe selection and I am not sure Rob will play it safe this year. He did not do that last year.

The upside with Johnson is his ability defend multiple positions and his potential to be an Artest type player. I personally am leaning towards Mario at that spot because he has an ideal skill set that the Magic are missing right now.

I still like Mario but I think Porzingis is an real possibility as well.

I'm all for taking BPA / Most potential.

--

And it seems like Clint Capela is finally making some strides in the NBA. He had a great dunk the other day in a game I was watching