CTMagicUK

Official 2015 Draft Thread

Stanley Johnson screams "Rob's guy" to me. He has the competitive spirit that Rob is preaching at the moment and fits the mold of being a defensive-minded player.

Before the College season started, he reminded me of a bigger, badder (the good kind) Vic but he may actually be a better shooter than Vic. I read an ESPN article a little while ago where his own teammates were complaining that he goes too hard in practice.

Didn't pay attention to this college season because I was hoping we'd make the playoffs... From what I hear I think Towns is the guy for us, if Gordon doesn't want to be a 4

I haven't seen a whole lot on him...I'm about to watch him play. But Jason Richardson from Tennessee could be an interesting name to watch...maybe not a 2nd round draft pick but maybe UFA for Summer League.

Chad Fords new mock ( for all its worth) has us taking Porzingis at 5. He's pretty much still top 2 in terms of fit for us with me.

EDIT: (Major speculation incoming) But I keep thinking about this past draft. I remember clearly people saying Porzingis could go "as high as 12" and then he withdrew from the draft the day before. So obviously if we promised him at 12 and he withdrew that makes it very unlikely we'd be willing to draft him this year. Of course maybe we didn't and he withdrew because he thought he'd fall out of the lottery.

Hard to get excited about this draft until we know where we are picking. Only one guy is a can't miss All-Star in Okafor but this draft has some depth with players that have potential to be one.

I could also seeing this team playing better down the stretch with a fairly easy schedule and JV's god awful coaching no longer an issue. Could easily drop us into the bottom half of the lottery odds.

Hard to get excited about this draft until we know where we are picking. Only one guy is a can't miss All-Star in Okafor but this draft has some depth with players that have potential to be one.

I could also seeing this team playing better down the stretch with a fairly easy schedule and JV's god awful coaching no longer an issue. Could easily drop us into the bottom half of the lottery odds.

I disagree. I would easily say Russell has every bit as much all star potential that okafor has.

Hold up. Did someone really say Stanley Johnson could "easily" be the best Kawhi Leonard?

Good grief

Are you aware that kawhi leonard was a late pick and johnson projects to be a top 5 pick in a deep draft?

I don't see whats so mind blowing about expecting the top sf off the board who is already a very good defender to be a team anchor who averages 16 a game and makes some all star teams.

Thats what he projects to be if you have been following the draft boards.