Sign in to follow this  
Jagsfreak27

Monkey See Monkey Do?

I hope not.... I hope that Dwights either stays in Houston or moves from team to team to team like a nomad.

The reason's behind it is very simple:

• Dwight is not a game changer
  • Dwight cannot be relied on for the final shot
  • Dwight cannot shoot free throws
  • Dwight does not hold himself accountable for anything
  • Dwight is about "me,me,me"

To have that come back into our locker room, our franchise, is asking for trouble. By the time Dwight is "thinks" about Orlando, his antics will run low and his teams frustration will run high.

The other issue with Dwight is not about Dwight.... its about the NBA and how they play. Shaq was the last center in the NBA that played like true center. Since then the NBA has transitioned the game from the Center position to the Wing's (SG/SF). Looking at the previous run of champions, none of those teams really had a true center, mostly hybrids (Boston, Detroit, San Antonio, Miami, Dallas). Technically we dont need Dwight, we have Vuc. And if Vuc can stay healthy and somewhat productive then thats all it takes to go after a championship.

Boston had Garnett who at that point was more of a center. Detroit had Ben Wallace and Dallas had Chandler. Spurs have Timmy and, despite what everyone says, he's a center. Miami and the Jordan Bulls are the only teams I can think of that won titles without a really good bigman. I'm not arguing for Dwight by any means but I don't think its fair to say bigmen are less important than wing players.

I kept thinking about how we don't need Dwight, but then I got to watching a lot of old highlight videos from the 2009 Finals Team.

Dwight dominated both ends of the floor back then.

Watch the highlights and get good feels that maybe, just maybe, we could one day reconcile and bring back Dwight if he can learn to get out of his own way.

(
)

I hope not.... I hope that Dwights either stays in Houston or moves from team to team to team like a nomad.

To have that come back into our locker room, our franchise, is asking for trouble. By the time Dwight is "thinks" about Orlando, his antics will run low and his teams frustration will run high.

The other issue with Dwight is not about Dwight.... its about the NBA and how they play. Shaq was the last center in the NBA that played like true center. Since then the NBA has transitioned the game from the Center position to the Wing's (SG/SF). Looking at the previous run of champions, none of those teams really had a true center, mostly hybrids (Boston, Detroit, San Antonio, Miami, Dallas). Technically we dont need Dwight, we have Vuc. And if Vuc can stay healthy and somewhat productive then thats all it takes to go after a championship.

Now you just sound butt hurt

San Antonio had Duncan and Splitter. Boston had Perkins. Detroit had Big Ben. Dallas had Chandler. Do you even NBA, bro?

San Antonio had Duncan and Splitter. Boston had Perkins. Detroit had Big Ben. Dallas had Chandler. Do you even NBA, bro?

Apparently I watch more than some.

I suppose we can look at the recent Jimmy Graham situation as a perfect example of why your wrong:

• Positionaly Jimmy is a TE
  • Strategically Jimmy plays slot WR

Just because you might play the position doesnt mean you are that position.

Tim Duncan is a PF. While he may play Center, Tim is still a PF.

Ben Wallace is a PF. While Ben might of played the Center position, Ben is still a PF

Garnett is a PF. While KG might of played for Perkins at times, Kevin is a PF

Chandler is a bean pole Center, and won with Dallas.. but even then Dirk played some Center during that run.

Compare these guys to Hakeem, Patrick, Shaq, Dekeimbe, and Robinson.... there is none. Add the fact that the game has changed to allow more scoring on the wing and limiting how long a Center can camp out in the lane. Back in the day, you needed a center to win a championship. That is no longer the case now and it downgrades the abilities of the Centers we are seeing today.

But look, you have your own opinion.

Apparently I watch more than some.

I suppose we can look at the recent Jimmy Graham situation as a perfect example of why your wrong:

• Positionaly Jimmy is a TE
  • Strategically Jimmy plays slot WR

Just because you might play the position doesnt mean you are that position.

Tim Duncan is a PF. While he may play Center, Tim is still a PF.

Ben Wallace is a PF. While Ben might of played the Center position, Ben is still a PF

Garnett is a PF. While KG might of played for Perkins at times, Kevin is a PF

Chandler is a bean pole Center, and won with Dallas.. but even then Dirk played some Center during that run.

Compare these guys to Hakeem, Patrick, Shaq, Dekeimbe, and Robinson.... there is none. Add the fact that the game has changed to allow more scoring on the wing and limiting how long a Center can camp out in the lane. Back in the day, you needed a center to win a championship. That is no longer the case now and it downgrades the abilities of the Centers we are seeing today.

But look, you have your own opinion.

What??

Wouldn't what you actually do on the court be more definitive of what you are than what a label next to your name is?