Sign in to follow this  
Franchero MVP

Magic sign Channing Frye

I think Vuc puts up 14.7 and Vic puts up 16.8. I don't know why I came up with such specific numbers, but doesn't that just seem about right?

"In his second season, oladipo has increased his scoring about 4 points. He's now averaging 16.8 ppg."

Also, you know who should have had a better career? Nenad Krstic.

That guy had the worst head on his shoulders.... not even talking about looks, he just was mentally not all there.

I can't see either player averaging 20points a game, and I think that is a good thing... much prefer to see a balance in scoring.

I expect something similar to the following points per game (Baring no serious injuries):

Vucevic 16-18pts

Oladipo 18 - 21pts

Harris 14-16pts

Frye 10-12pts

Harkless 8-11pts

Payton 7-10pts

Fournier 7-10pts

B.Gordon 6-9pts

A.Gordon 5-8pts

O'Quinn 4-7pts

Nicholson 4-7pts

Green 3-6pts

I also reckon we will see an increase in all of Oladipo's stats around the board and even Vucevic's rebounding numbers slightly more. It is going to be an agonizing wait to see how the minutes are split.

To be honest I don't see anybody averaging 20 ppg but Vucevic. I can see Oladipo getting 20-25 on some nights when he catches fire and takes over a game (Knicks 3 OT game for example) but I see a 15 ppg average for him. I see Oladipo filling the stat sheet though with a 15 ppg, 6 rpg, 5 apg, and 2 spg average. We have a lot of depth at the other positions and our team is pretty deep overall. We don't have a superstar talent so we're going to be one of those teams who have a different leading scorer on a nightly basis.

That guy had the worst head on his shoulders.... not even talking about looks, he just was mentally not all there.

I can't see either player averaging 20points a game, and I think that is a good thing... much prefer to see a balance in scoring.

I expect something similar to the following points per game (Baring no serious injuries):

Vucevic 16-18pts

Oladipo 18 - 21pts

Harris 14-16pts

Frye 10-12pts

Harkless 8-11pts

Payton 7-10pts

Fournier 7-10pts

B.Gordon 6-9pts

A.Gordon 5-8pts

O'Quinn 4-7pts

Nicholson 4-7pts

Green 3-6pts

I also reckon we will see an increase in all of Oladipo's stats around the board and even Vucevic's rebounding numbers slightly more. It is going to be an agonizing wait to see how the minutes are split.

You do realize this prediction would mean the Magic would average between 102-135 ppg right? If this were true and our defense is as good as people say it will be, we'll win the East. LOL

You do realize this prediction would mean the Magic would average between 102-135 ppg right? If this were true and our defense is as good as people say it will be, we'll win the East. LOL

That's assuming everyone plays every game...

It's technically possible for every player on our roster to average 20ppg but our team average to be 100 ppg if we only play 5 players per game.

That's assuming everyone plays every game...

It's technically possible for every player on our roster to average 20ppg but our team average to be 100 ppg if we only play 5 players per game.

True. BTW. I'm totally pumped about this season as I am with every season. I understand what Henny is doing. I really hope the guys have a great year developing and that we don't have phantom injuries this season. I have a feeling when Henny said that every game will count, he meant it. I think most Magic fans understand this team is not going deep, but we wanna see our guys compete night in and night out. Last year was just atrocious.

I think Henny is looking to build this team without a superstar and instead have a balanced team that shares the ball. If nobody is looking to pad their own stats and plays team ball I don't any of our guys will average 20.

What ? said, no way all play together then there are injuries and all that. I did not write that expecting every player to reach the high point of my predictions. Once you nail it down and average it out with 9-10 players per game you will probably find it come down to more of a range of 85 - 105

I think Henny is looking to build this team without a superstar and instead have a balanced team that shares the ball. If nobody is looking to pad their own stats and plays team ball I don't any of our guys will average 20.

I agree with this. The emphasis on each drafts pick ability to play as a team during his press conference made it feel to me as that's our plan too.

So you are saying that, up to this point, he has done a good job.

No. It's a high-risk, high reward strategy. If it works, he did a good job. If it doesn't, he didn't.