Sign in to follow this  
Franchero MVP

Jameer Nelson Farewell and Appreciation Thread

This is a bummer, Jameer is a true professional and a icon of Orlando Magic basketball. He and Nick Anderson are the only guys to play 10 seasons for this franchise. I wish him success with the rest of his career and am curious to see why Rob wanted all this cap space all of a sudden.

This is a bummer, Jameer is a true professional and a icon of Orlando Maigc basketball. He and Nick Anderson are the only guys to play 10 seasons for this franchise. I wish him success with the rest of his career and am curious to see why Rob wanted all this cap space all of a sudden.

Lebron, Melo, Parsons, Bledsoe...I mean it's not everyday you have money, an up and coming young team, and ducks on the pond.

This is a bummer, Jameer is a true professional and a icon of Orlando Magic basketball. He and Nick Anderson are the only guys to play 10 seasons for this franchise. I wish him success with the rest of his career and am curious to see why Rob wanted all this cap space all of a sudden.

Are you serious? He wants the cap space to sign free agents and offer long term deals to Magic players

The thing that made Jameer Nelson great is the thing that made Nick Anderson great: they both WANTED to be Orlando Magic players. They both felt honored to be here and be a part of this team and this community. I feel heartbroken right now and I will miss Nelson greatly but I want to thank him SO MUCH for his leadership and his commitment to this team. Jameer, you are one of the few to wear Magic pinstripes that truly deserved our adoration and love. I wish you well and I can honestly say that I you are one of the few now-former Magic players that I hope wins a ring elsewhere. Please come back to us once your playing career is over.

• Upvote 4

The thing that made Jameer Nelson great is the thing that made Nick Anderson great: they both WANTED to be Orlando Magic players. They both felt honored to be here and be a part of this team and this community. I feel heartbroken right now and I will miss Nelson greatly but I want to thank him SO MUCH for his leadership and his commitment to this team. Jameer, you are one of the few to wear Magic pinstripes that truly deserved our adoration and love. I wish you well and I can honestly say that I you are one of the few now-former Magic players that I hope wins a ring elsewhere. Please come back to us once your playing career is over.

You forgot Hardway

You forgot Hardway

He asked for a trade to Phoenix, which he later regretted...as did Phoenix. Or did he sign outright with Phoenix? I actually can't remember. Either way, it didn't exactly work out.

He asked for a trade to Phoenix, which he later regretted...as did Phoenix. Or did he sign outright with Phoenix? I actually can't remember. Either way, it didn't exactly work out.

He was traded but at least he regretted it but he should have been a Magic for life though

Sad to see him go, but I guess this was coming. I'd have liked to have seen him stay here and retire, but perhaps he can come back a few years from now to sign a one day deal and retire Magic player.

It makes you wonder what route we go on from here. Do we hand the keys over to the young players and potentially tank another season? Or are we going to be players in FA, hence clearing cap space?