Sign in to follow this  
ball junkie

NBA Draft Grades - Negative (Pelton and Others)

Junkie, morning! You are welcome to have your opinion, albeit negative towards Henny. However, when you post the following statements, it sets you up to hear from the posters and of all of the "experts" that disprove your statement.

Here's all you need to know...Somebody started a Welcome to Orlando Aaron Gordon thread on the front page....Know how many people have posted in it??? THREE.....

I haven't seen any writer say they like the fit...Am waiting for the ESPN draft grades tommorrow...Got a feeling the Magic won't make the Honor Roll.

It seems like that there are far more positive reviews of Orlando's picks than negative ones. You don't have to drink any Henny kool-aid… but it sure seems the majority of the media is enjoying the cool, soothing, sweet taste of what he's serving.

smile_partypepsi.gif

• Upvote 5

Soul okay, your first quote from me is true...there were 3 posts in it until I made a comment....Then people started posting in it.

Second quote I was wrong...there were some positive grades...and there were some negative ones....And as I made mention earlier, even the positive grades seemed to be questioning some things.

If people want to give me little red -1's or criticize it's cool.

What's your point ....?

And I would also say that there are many more people that think the same way I do but won't post it for fear that the mods will do the same thing to them that you guys are doing to me.

Somebody posted the Amway fan reaction the night of the draft...If you think I'm the only one that didn't like his moves........

• Upvote 1
  • Downvote 1

Soul okay, your first quote from me is true...there were 3 posts in it until I made a comment....Then people started posting in it.

Second quote I was wrong...there were some positive grades...and there were some negative ones....And as I made mention earlier, even the positive grades seemed to be questioning some things.

What's your point ....?

And I would also say that there are many more people that think the same way I do but won't post it for fear that the mods will do the same thing to them that you guys are doing to me.

Somebody posted the Amway fan reaction the night of the draft...If you think I'm the only one that didn't like his moves........

I don't think your post had anything to do with people visiting the Aaron Gordon thread. It, like every other thread, gets read more the longer it stays posted (shocking, I know). And to your point about people being upset, it's been 3 full days! At this point, either get on board or don't, but we don't need a thread that tells us any and every negative thought anybody has about OUR TEAM! This is the Orlando Magic forum. We're all fans here and to write off an 18 and 20 year old kid who haven't done anything yet but have a solid introductory press conference for the team is as absurd as it is irritating. I know this will get ignored, and I know you'd be doing the same thing regardless of who we drafted (Dante Exum especially) but for the love of all things holy, give it a rest!

• Upvote 4

What's your point ....?

People boo'ed at Amway because they'd been spoon fed Exum for over a month, well that and the hope of us moving up to #1. Hell, the majority of the chat room was disappointed too initially, I'm not gonna lie, but once people started doing their own research on Gordon and pulling up youtube videos, and thinking for themselves rather than being brainwashed by mock drafts, it began to make sense. I know I really wasn't completely thrilled until we actually heard from Gordon the next day at the press conference. He's clearly an articulate, driven, and dedicated young man and couple his demeanor with his physical tools and desire to play defense and it's pretty easy to see why Henny fell in the love with the guy. Like the move or not, he's going to be a fan favorite.

People booing isn't really a great measuring stick anyway. You might recall the same thing happened after we traded Chris Webber for Penny and three future #1's and the O-rena went mad. I think there's universal agreement that was a great deal and that Penny was the right player for us. Fans are fickle, and largely idiots.

People boo'ed at Amway because they'd been spoon fed Exum for over a month, well that and the hope of us moving up to #1. Hell, the majority of the chat room was disappointed too initially, I'm not gonna lie, but once people started doing their own research on Gordon and pulling up youtube videos, and thinking for themselves rather than being brainwashed by mock drafts, it began to make sense. I know I really wasn't completely thrilled until we actually heard from Gordon the next day at the press conference. He's clearly an articulate, driven, and dedicated young man and couple his demeanor with his physical tools and desire to play defense and it's pretty easy to see why Henny fell in the love with the guy. Like the move or not, he's going to be a fan favorite.

People booing shouldn't be a measuring stick anyway. You might recall the same thing happened after we traded Chris Webber for Penny and three future #1's and the O-rena went mad. I think there's universal agreement that was a great deal and that Penny was the right player for us.

Well said...felt the same way when we passed on Exum and even worse when we drafted Saric but when I saw his master plan of Gordon/Payton come together I loved the draft.

Call it drinking the kool aid if you wish but I am really looking forward to seeing this group play.

• Upvote 1

It seems like that there are far more positive reviews of Orlando's picks than negative ones. You don't have to drink any Henny kool-aid… but it sure seems the majority of the media is enjoying the cool, soothing, sweet taste of what he's serving.

smile_partypepsi.gif

And we all know how important the overnight draft grades are.

Detroit PistonsRound 1: Darko Milicic, F, Serbia-Montenegro (No. 2)

Round 1: Carlos Delfino, G, Italy (No. 25)

Round 2: Andres Gliniadakis, C, Greece (No. 58)

How many teams with the best record in their conference end up with the best big man in the draft and a draft-night steal in Carlos Delfino? By now, you know about Darko, but Delfino will also be important down the road. He's tough, a strong shooter and plays aggressive defense. He reminds me a lot of Michael Finley. He could play an immediate role on the Pistons if he stays here next year. Gliniadakis was a nice pickup at the end of the draft. He's a 7-footer who can actually play. The Pistons will leave him in Greece for a few years and bring him over when he's ready.

Grade: A+

Well said...felt the same way when we passed on Exum and even worse when we drafted Saric but when I saw his master plan of Gordon/Payton come together I loved the draft.

Call it drinking the kool aid if you wish but I am really looking forward to seeing this group play.

I was the same. Just because I knew nothing about Gordon because I did not think it was a chance, after review I am really excited about him, I love that his biggest knock is shooting/FT's... Watching videos, he has fantastic form and release, I think he will develop a nice jump shot and make improvements at the FT line similar to Duncan, Malone etc.

On the Payton trade, if you were reading Wojo's twitter (he was two picks ahead of the draft the whole night) you could see the trade coming, particularly because he said Payton is going to be traded as soon as he released the pick. Once Saric was selected it was clear we would be sending them to 76ers for Payton. My only issue with Payton on the little i know from him is that his form on his shot is really really bad, worse than Harkless.

Bianchi headlined the Sentinel the morning after the draft with this....

"Brace yourself Magic fans for more rebuilding"

After 2 years already of rebuilding not sure it's a wise decision to go into year 3 with the same objective....developing players.

Especially after you just had 2 lottery picks in what was touted as a great draft class....top 8 or 9 players as possible all-stars.

http://www.orlandosentinel.com/sports/os-magic-nba-draft-mike-bianchi-0627-20140626,0,1087546.column

• Downvote 1

After 2 years already of rebuilding not sure it's a wise decision to go into year 3 with the same objective....developing players.

Especially after you just had 2 lottery picks in what was touted as a great draft class....top 8 or 9 players as possible all-stars.

http://www.orlandosentinel.com/sports/os-magic-nba-draft-mike-bianchi-0627-20140626,0,1087546.column

I would trust your judgement over Bianchi's.

• Upvote 2

http://www.orlandose...,1087546.column

Bianchi is a complete and utter tool. You really don't want to use him as a reference to support your case, even if he loved the picks. I'll trust Henny and my own opinion everyday over Bianchi.

Edit to add: Was Bianchi under the impression we'd be walking away with two NBA veterans from this draft? He does realize the top five picks were under the age of 20, as were 7 of the top 10, right? We were going to be developing players regardless of who we selected. Are you beginning to see why Bianchi is not the guy to reference?

• Upvote 1