CTMagicUK

Summer League Thread

It's funny we preached patience when Gordon was struggling yet we are happy to write off Exum after the summer league.

I am not sure who has written him off. I have said he could be a star player more than once. He just currently is not on the level that Payton and Smart are on.

They give 100%, do not tire out, and can play great defense.

It's funny we preached patience when Gordon was struggling yet we are happy to write off Exum after the summer league.

I am not going to write off exum. I still like his tools. I feel he is better with the ball in his hand at pg. Burk hurt him in this aspect. In exum, i saw flashes like gordon. I feel payton will be the best pg in the draft.

I don't think it was an argument over writing him off. It was more so, Gordon is getting a tonne of negative opinions when Exum was getting praise for very very average games. Exum had so so much hype and certain journalists still kept the praise up. It was basically saying both Gordon and Exum are huge projects, neither are ready to contribute at this point in time. So all the people who want Exum over Gordon because Gordon was too raw and did not show enough needed to settle down because their boy Exum showed he was equally as raw, if not more so, and does not come with the intangibles that Gordon does.

I don't think it was an argument over writing him off. It was more so, Gordon is getting a tonne of negative opinions when Exum was getting praise for very very average games. Exum had so so much hype and certain journalists still kept the praise up. It was basically saying both Gordon and Exum are huge projects, neither are ready to contribute at this point in time. So all the people who want Exum over Gordon because Gordon was too raw and did not show enough needed to settle down because their boy Exum showed he was equally as raw, if not more so, and does not come with the intangibles that Gordon does.

I agree with this. Even the people covering exums games where hyping every basic pass exum made; even when he did not do much in game.

I must admit. I was personally upset with our draft until we traded for payton, because I believed in this years pg class and I knew it was time for nelson's time to end. I felt getting a pf and pg this year would be a great idea. I was happy once payton was traded to us.

My main question with gordon is his position. I am not sure of his team fit so I had noah higher on my draft board because of his size, shot blocking, and shooting. I beleive that noah and gordon have the same upside. Gordon plays smarter than noah but noah plays more physical and seemed to fit better. We will see.

Hopefully Gordon will grow another inch or two and fill out. He's so young. I'm looking forward to seeing what happens with this draft class. Should be fun to see how their careers play out against each other.

Hopefully Gordon will grow another inch or two and fill out. He's so young. I'm looking forward to seeing what happens with this draft class. Should be fun to see how their careers play out against each other.

Speaking of height, I think Moe and Tobias have both grown an inch. Last time I checked they were 6"8

Speaking of height, I think Moe and Tobias have both grown an inch. Last time I checked they were 6"8

they are both 6'9 with shoes

harkless grow last year.

I agree with this. Even the people covering exums games where hyping every basic pass exum made; even when he did not do much in game.

I must admit. I was personally upset with our draft until we traded for payton, because I believed in this years pg class and I knew it was time for nelson's time to end. I felt getting a pf and pg this year would be a great idea. I was happy once payton was traded to us.

My main question with gordon is his position. I am not sure of his team fit so I had noah higher on my draft board because of his size, shot blocking, and shooting. I beleive that noah and gordon have the same upside. Gordon plays smarter than noah but noah plays more physical and seemed to fit better. We will see.

I personally think Gordon's upside is exponentially higher than Vonleh's. Once Gordon figures it all out we'll all know exactly what position he is. My money says he's our future PF.

Glen Rice Jr. sure looked good in summer league. What's the deal with him? Will he be on Washington's roster this season? Didn't he have issues in college?

Glen Rice Jr. sure looked good in summer league. What's the deal with him? Will he be on Washington's roster this season? Didn't he have issues in college?

I believe he was a 1st round pick in 2013, so he has at least gets 2 years to prove himself. He does look good in sl.

I personally think Gordon's upside is exponentially higher than Vonleh's. Once Gordon figures it all out we'll all know exactly what position he is. My money says he's our future PF.

gordon and noah have totally different games. They are both super young with good work ethic. Noah is much bigger. He can play in the post and is much longer with a better shooting stroke. In some games, he will be at center.

Gordon is a better passer, faster, quicker, better jumper and has the ability to play defense on more than one type of player.

Gordon's ceiling is shawn marion.

Noah's ceiling is chris bosh.

There is a reason noah had 18 boards in sl. He is going to be really good.