CTMagicUK

Summer League Thread

Just finished watching the game against Boston. Our teams, even when we were good always seemed to get beat by teams that out worked us. That got to the loose balls, I don't think that will be an issue with these guys. Energy guys used to eat us up, I think that is what they see with Gordon.

Most definitely.....agree.

Just finished watching the game against Boston. Our teams, even when we were good always seemed to get beat by teams that out worked us. That got to the loose balls, I don't think that will be an issue with these guys. Energy guys used to eat us up, I think that is what they see with Gordon.

It starts with the coaching (and yes I know JV doesn't coach summer league, shut up) and our Coach hasn't instilled the kind of mentality we need for this team to be successful. Teams filled with young, talented but raw prospects need a coach that will light a fire under their asses. I've never seen that with our team. Vaughn coddles these guys way to much. As the year goes on, guys seem more and more complacent and appear to "coast" at times which is upsetting for me to see.

Effort is all about coaching. Look at the teams that give the most effort every night (Spurs, Bulls) and look at how their coaches coach them. It's not rocket science. I fully expect the Pistons to join that list next year as well. What I would do to have Stan back.

I know Bro, keep doing your thing !...Glad to hear you like your job...I tell my kids all the time, money isn't everything...It's better to have a job where you don't dread going to work everyday.

Yes I agree with this for sure.

Henny is only a god like figure at this forum.....Any kid that goes through an entire college basketball season, gets to the line the 2nd most on his team, and shoots 178 free throws for the season, and only converts 42% of them....I mean, I think you can understand my statement when I said I don't think he''ll ever get to the level the Magic want him to.

Henny is highly respected because his moves rarely make sense initially and are criticized without mercy. Then magically down the road he is lauded and praised and as a result people say things like " I trust in Rob " before the draft only to melt down like spoiled brats.

This exact pattern has happened multiple times now.

So it is just a shame that suddenly people think he has no idea what he is doing when he has proven multiple times that he does.

The notion that an extremely talented and hard working 18 year old kid can't improve to a certain level based off nothing but a few summer league games is comical.

The notion that an extremely talented and hard working 18 year old kid can't improve to a certain level based off nothing but a few summer league games is comical.

EXACTLY!

Henny is only a god like figure at this forum....

This statement just proves that you aren't listening to the arguments presented and are viewing the support for henny in the most superficial way possible.

Can't say i'm surprised either.

I'd really love to see the posts you made when the D12 trade happened. I'm sure it would be comedy gold.

Effort is all about coaching. Look at the teams that give the most effort every night (Spurs, Bulls) and look at how their coaches coach them. It's not rocket science. I fully expect the Pistons to join that list next year as well. What I would do to have Stan back.

Mmmmm yes. I always knew players had no control over the amount of effort they give during a game.

You're right we need Pop or Thibs. Get this one of many realistic goals we set you all the time on this forum done Henny!

Blue, nobody is forcing you to read it...They also have an ignore function....Whatever floats your boat.....

But then I wouldn't be able to point out the absurdity in your posts. Thanks, but no thanks.

Mmmmm yes. I always knew players had no control over the amount of effort they give during a game.

You're right we need Pop or Thibs. Get this one of many realistic goals we set you all the time on this forum done Henny!

Who are you? Not once did i say we need to go get one of those coaches, but thanks for displaying your reading comprehension skills for all of us to see. I did insinuate getting a coach that won't coddle players and will push them more. But, again, I'm sorry the FCAT was always a struggle for you.

I find it not at all amazing that posters would have meltdowns during this summer league. The emotions of this forum have become so predictable that these very emotions can be recorded on a calender. Its not even preseason and Aaron Gordon was found under a Lynx bus.

The era of getting instant gratification from technology has surely corrupted peoples patience to wait. The draft was not even three weeks ago!! Relax!!!

• Upvote 1