Sign in to follow this  
ball junkie

Embiid at #4.....Would You ???

What will Henny do ???  

51 members have voted

1. 1. If Parker, Wiggins & Exum are all off the board when the Magic pick at #4 would you select Embiid ???

• yes
    • no
  2. 2. If these are the players on the board when the Magic at #4 whom would you pick ???

• Randle
    • Vonleh
    • Smart
    • Gordon
    • Other
  3. 3. If Exum and Embiid are both on the board at #4 whom would you pick ???

• Exum
    • Embiid

Hence the title of the thread......"Henny on the Hotseat".....Tough way to start your career as basically a rookie GM.

No kidding! First Dwight, now this. Talk about trial by fire! We just have to trust the guy I guess, its not like we have any control over any of it.

Embiid is a big risk I wouldn't take!

I would take Smart at #4 and Payne at #12 (maybe in a trade down). Hopefully Henny will do it again.

Man you must've read my mind bro cause I was thinking the exact same thing. I'd love Smart and Payne on this team and I hope the Magic/Bulls trade go through. If the trade goes through it would be great for us cause we can then go James Young at #12 and Payne at #16. If the Magic come away with 16 and 19 I also wouldn't mind using one of those picks along with 12 to move up to get either Randle or Gordon.

Lets see, 2 stress fractures to the back, 1 to the foot in 4 yrs of playing ball only 1 of which was at a high level, and we will not get to see the medical reports because his agent is already trying to push him to LA or BOS?? Well we just absolutely have to do that! Sign me up. I will bet everyone on the board a shiney new quarter that he ends up having his career cut short before he can actually help a team to move forward (ala Yao)...not a quarter for each member mind you, you all have to split the single shiney new quarter, don't spend it all in one place.

• Upvote 1

Man you must've read my mind bro cause I was thinking the exact same thing. I'd love Smart and Payne on this team and I hope the Magic/Bulls trade go through. If the trade goes through it would be great for us cause we can then go James Young at #12 and Payne at #16. If the Magic come away with 16 and 19 I also wouldn't mind using one of those picks along with 12 to move up to get either Randle or Gordon.

If Orlando ends up with Smart and Randle, I will finally convince myself to buy league pass. I wouldn't want to miss a moment of that awesomeness.

I voted to take Payton at 12, but to be honest I'm not sold on him. He is a good defender with great size and play-making ability, but he played WAY too out of control for a 4 year player at times. If he's still this poor of a shooter, I don't see him getting a lot better. A lot of it might be mentality, tho. If he can just improve his shot selection, he and Oladipo could develop into a solid duo.

I voted to take Payton at 12, but to be honest I'm not sold on him. He is a good defender with great size and play-making ability, but he played WAY too out of control for a 4 year player at times. If he's still this poor of a shooter, I don't see him getting a lot better. A lot of it might be mentality, tho. If he can just improve his shot selection, he and Oladipo could develop into a solid duo.

He was a 3 year player, not a 4 year player and he is one of the youngest juniors I've ever known. He's only just older than Embiid and is pretty much the same age as Smart. It's not like he's 22 or 23.

He was a 3 year player, not a 4 year player and he is one of the youngest juniors I've ever known. He's only just older than Embiid and is pretty much the same age as Smart. It's not like he's 22 or 23.

Whoops, I was obviously mistaken. That gives me hope that he'll get stronger and touch up his PG skills a little.

Whoops, I was obviously mistaken. That gives me hope that he'll get stronger and touch up his PG skills a little.

Yea that's why I have hope he can still improve and become a better shooter. What I like most about him is his rare combination of experience and youth. He's got 3 college seasons and a FIBA U19 tournament under his belt and he's only 20.

Yea that's why I have hope he can still improve and become a better shooter. What I like most about him is his rare combination of experience and youth. He's got 3 college seasons and a FIBA U19 tournament under his belt and he's only 20.

He seems like the ball slows him down a little because his handles aren't great yet. But he already has pretty good passing instincts, so I don't think it will take him too long to improve that either.

I give an absolute hell no to Embiid at 4. Players that big with an injury history don't magically get healthy and never experience issues again. Taking him isn't a gamble, it's like betting on the Browns to win the Super Bowl you are just wasting your time and money. At this point I'm down with Vonleh since Exum probably won't be there.

• Upvote 1

If Orlando ends up with Smart and Randle, I will finally convince myself to buy league pass. I wouldn't want to miss a moment of that awesomeness.

Unfortunately living in California I have to get the league pass because we get zero Magic games unless they play the kings or warriors.

Even when Dwight was on the team I was lucky to see 10-15 games a year (not including playoffs)