Sign in to follow this  
God Hates Otis Smith

With the east in flux, how far away is Orlando?

Like if we have a good draft and make a good free agent signing or trade, could we make the playoffs next year?

if not then, realistically when should be expect/demand to be in contention?

Does the pressure start ramping up on JV and Hennigan this season?

Not being a biased fan at all but I don't think we're too far at all. I really don't believe that the Bobcats are/were better than we are. The Magic showed that when they are on their game they can compete with the best of them by defeating the Thunder and Pacers at home.

With a good draft and a decent free agent pick up like Ed Davis; I see them making a playoff push. Like many on here have said I don't see anymore tanking for us. I believe it's time to start really competing this year.

Bobcats vs Magic

PG: Kemba Walker vs Jameer Nelson / draft pick

SG: Gerald Henderson vs Victor Oladipo

SF: Michael Kidd-Gilchrist vs Arron Afflalo

PF: Josh McRoberts vs Tobias Harris / draft pick

C: Al Jefferson vs Nikola Vucevic

When I look at those two teams, the main two differences I see between them is Al Jefferson and Steve Clifford their head coach.

Jefferson is a borderline all star, and arguably should have made the game this year. He really did play at a high level, and I think his play was a big reason behind their improvement this season. Walker played well, and the others played a role. But of them all, Jefferson carried the team. He needs some support, and I'm sure with their cap space they'll be aggressive.

And Clifford has done an excellent job so far. They've gone from one of the worst to a team above .500. Granted they got swept by the Hear, but it was a great turn around. They became one of the best defensive teams in the league, and if that continues, and via free agency or the draft they add some fire power, they have the coaching staff and base to build a very competitive team.

As for us. I think we have the base of a good line, with some decent rotation options. I've said it before and I'll say it again, if we can come out of the draft with Exum and Vonleh, our line up has the talent to develop into a dangerous team. But if we come out with only one top player, plus a guy at #12 and keep Afflalo, then we still have the base of a talented team heading in the right direction.

The issue I see with us could be the coaching staff. Is Vaughn the right man to take this team from one of the worst to the 7th or 8th seed? I'm not sure. I've seen good and bad from him so far. But with new talent to boost the current roster, we should hopefully see improvement. Though I'm not convinced we will become a 7th or 8th seed this off season. I think we are more likely a 30-win team unless we land a big name free agent as well as two draft picks.

It's just a wrong that's been righted; the Hornets were one of the most popular teams in the league and had some of the highest attendance numbers-you wouldn't believe that with how the Bobcats were but I believe they have turned the corner.

The Magic are gonna have to suck again next year and develop players….see below:

Major need: Entering the third year of the post-Dwight Howard rebuilding program, Magic GM Rob Hennigan is at a crossroads. There are a number of ways in which the franchise could move during this key summer. Orlando has lost 121 games over the past two seasons, but has gradually replenished the talent base, largely because of the bounty obtained from the blockbuster Howard deal that was less than two years ago. It seems longer, right? While the Magic have some nice young pieces, including last year's No. 2 overall selection Victor Oladipo, the foundation of the next contending Orlando team isn't yet in place. More top-shelf talent is needed, and with one premium pick (No. 4) and another in the lower half of the lottery, this will be a prime time to cement that foundation.

How urgent is the need for the rebuild to manifest itself in wins? You can't collect talent forever, and two transitional seasons is plenty to try the patience of any fan base. Orlando has slipped from ninth to 15th to 23rd in attendance over the past two seasons, which is not a trend that a small-market franchise wants to see persist for too long. Plus, there are some solid veterans in hand, such as stalwart point guard Jameer Nelson and shooting guard Arron Afflalo. So should Orlando package some picks and young players for a proven, win-now veteran? If the primary goal is to win a championship, then another year of talent collection is in order. If Orlando drafts well, they'll have the cost-controlled assets and cap space to make a splash when the time is right.

http://insider.espn.go.com/nba/draft2014/story/_/id/10951065/orlando-magic-lottery-team-draft-guide-2014-nba-draft

What they must accomplish: Orlando has made all the right moves in their rebuilding plan, but there still isn't much of a sense of forward momentum with the team. That needs to change with this draft, and it could if the Magic end up with a Rookie of the Year candidate, plus a second rotational player in the same round. A young foundation of, say, Embiid/Exum/Wiggins, Vucevic, Oladipo, Harkless, Harris and Stauskas/Smart/McDermott would set up Orlando for some serious ladder climbing in the near future.

I can't wait to see this team develop!!!

I posted the same core and people acted like it was the apocalypse. Notice jameer and aaron are not listed.

Magic need to go young one more year because it will pay off in the long run.

I posted the same core and people acted like it was the apocalypse. Notice jameer and aaron are not listed.

Magic need to go young one more year because it will pay off in the long run.

But how can one really trust some humanoid off the street with <2k posts and no subscriber option?

But how can one really trust some humanoid off the street with <2k posts and no subscriber option?

I just cracked 2k today. WÒOÔÓ :creaturedance:

What is the subscriber option?

I just cracked 2k today. WÒOÔÓ :creaturedance:/>

What is the subscriber option?

Grats, but if you have to ask, you can't afford the recurring monthly fees.

Perhaps one day we'll hit it big and become espn insiders. A man can dream.